I want to see pics of your road case!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Dopp238
Orange Hero

I want to see pics of your road case!

Post by Dopp238 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:23 am

Does anyone have a picture of two Orange PPC212's in a single roadcase? I know that Affordable-Cases.com has the option for you to put both your 2x12's in a single case, and I just want to know what it'd look like. Is there some kind of bracing in between the two cabs? Or do they just stack on top of each other with nothing in between them? I'm getting paid this week, and I'm trying to figure out what to spend some of my hard earned money on? I'm going to have Oler Audio build me a tremolo pedal, which I'm pretty stoked about, and I was thinking about getting a road case for my cabs... I was also thinking about just getting a road case for one cab, my head, and a 4 or 6 space rack unit. I just want to see some pictures of what kind of road cases all you guys got so I can get an idea for what it all looks like. Who's down? Let's see some pictures!
Daniel.

AD30HTC / PPC412 / PPC212 / 92 Les Paul Studio / 07 Fender Tele

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Re: I want to see pics of your road case!

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:50 am

Never heard of that but it makes sense. They'll probably give a plank of foam to go between, but if they get stacked anyway I don't suppose it would matter much.

Here's mine. Tv50 and ppc412

Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.

Dopp238
Orange Hero

Post by Dopp238 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:19 am

Who made your cases? I love that picture! They look very heavy-duty! Exactly what you want in a case! I've noticed a few road case posts lately so I thought it'd be cool to have a thread with pics and pros and cons about the different case companies that everyones using. Sturdy-ness, corners, latches, casters, thinkness... General info that would really help those of us without cases be able to get a better feel for what's out there.

Thanks to anyone who participates! :mrgreen:
Daniel.

the_blue_bomber
Orange Master

Post by the_blue_bomber » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:53 am

PPC412 in live-in case with removable front panel and trap door in back for jack access, made by a local case company here in California. Head case is hinged-lid trunk style. Yellow fiberglass lift-off 412 case is made by A&S Hollywood.
I used to have more Orange stuff. Now I just have a PPC412 (black), and a Micro Crush.

Tibor
Orange Hero

Post by Tibor » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:04 pm

my "do it yourself" "roadcase" - only made because i didn't found a matching combosleve... although its only 5mm baltic birch...its more then enough protection for a "studio" object...

GMcCool
Tiny Terror

Post by GMcCool » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Greg McCool

2 Terror Bass
2 sp410

http://www.myspace.com/throwinggravity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dopp238
Orange Hero

Post by Dopp238 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:28 pm

the_blue_bomber wrote:Head case is hinged-lid trunk style. Yellow fiberglass lift-off 412 case is made by A&S Hollywood.
Did you know someone that had an A&S Case? I checked out their website and it's got a really meager picture selection. Maybe it's just me, but there's something about being able to see large and up-close pictures of whatever it is that I'm spending hundreds of dollars on. If a case company doesn't have images for me to view, I usually write them off, unless I've seen the actual product in person.

I know a lot of people have talked about Affordable-Cases.com. Does anyone have any cons against the company? How is their construction? Does it seem as sturdy as the next guy?
Daniel.

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:44 pm

Mine are safecase out of Houston TX. Pretty sturdy though if you have the cash go with 3/8" instead of 1/4". Seems just a tad weak with the whole half stack on it. But I don't really plan on doing that anymore so nbd.
Thunderverb 50,

the_blue_bomber
Orange Master

Post by the_blue_bomber » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:46 pm

Dopp238 wrote: Did you know someone that had an A&S Case?
Yeah. Me. It's indestructible. I got mine used, and likely wouldn't buy one new, as they cost a fortune.
Dopp238 wrote:
the_blue_bomber wrote:Head case is hinged-lid trunk style. Yellow fiberglass lift-off 412 case is made by A&S Hollywood.
I know a lot of people have talked about Affordable-Cases.com. Does anyone have any cons against the company? How is their construction? Does it seem as sturdy as the next guy?
I'm still waiting for a price quote. It's been more than 2 years now, and I made multiple requests months apart. Whatever. :|
I used to have more Orange stuff. Now I just have a PPC412 (black), and a Micro Crush.

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Yeah they mail them. Pain in the ass. Would've bought from them if they could get their business right.
Thunderverb 50,

GMcCool
Tiny Terror

Post by GMcCool » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:55 am

georga case FTW! all custom and cheep!
Greg McCool

2 Terror Bass
2 sp410

http://www.myspace.com/throwinggravity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

colfaxrev
Orange Expert

Post by colfaxrev » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:50 pm

i got an A&S case for my badcat head, i can take some pics when i get back to my studio tonight. its really solid, expensive but i recommend them for quality
http://animalbeast.fm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;