World Cup

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

blenk
Rocker

Re: World Cup

Post by blenk » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:37 am

blacklight_uk wrote:Great win for the Netherlands yesterday! I really hope they go on to win it this year. Such a shame about Ghana.
Netherlands could go all the way i think, i nearly cryed when that penalty hit the cross bar, i just felt they where the better side and that uruguay where playing for penaltys.
blenk
Orange Dual Terror + PPC112
Cheap Modded Strat

misterfolkertsma
Orange Expert

Post by misterfolkertsma » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:45 am

Anyone know where I can watch the BBC 1 Post-game Analysis from Netherlands - Brazil, online? I really enjoy the BBC analysis (more than the Dutch tbh), and normally always switch over during commercial-breaks and half-time, but missed out yesterday due to watching it in at a café.

I tried the different BBC websites for a videostream but couldn't find anything. Some content also seems to be unavailable outside the UK.

bfitz
Orange Expert

Post by bfitz » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:31 pm

GO ON YOU BOYS IN ORANGE, GO ON YOU BOYS IN ORANGE OH EY! OH EY! OH EY!!!!!

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Fender CIJ Pink Paisley Tele
Fender Classic Player Strat 50s
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr

Tibor
Orange Hero

Post by Tibor » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:11 pm

it was the best game i have seen in this world Cup by the german team.... they deserved to win...

Blainy
Orange Master

Post by Blainy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Tibor wrote:it was the best game i have seen in this world Cup by the german team.... they deserved to win...
The Germans are unbelievable. Every tournament since about 1990 we ignore them, and every time they reach at least the semi.

This time, I really don't see anyone beating them. The result against Argentina shows that england really weren't that bad. Remember with a proper referee it was 2-2 after 40 minutes!

markjazzbassist
Orange Hero

Post by markjazzbassist » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:45 pm

ghana should have won, what a shame.

i think it will be netherlands vs. germany in the finals with germany taking it all. i think spain will take 3rd.

germany is unstoppable. their defense is impeccable.
1969 Fender Jazz Bass
Former Pics Only OR120 Owner (hope to own one again soon!)

gnosticbass
Tiny Terror

Post by gnosticbass » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Great game Germany. Gotta take back what I said in a much earlier post about it being a South American World Cup.

space-boy
Orange Expert

Post by space-boy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:47 am

Isn't anyone going to say a thing about the spanish team :o ??
We're the current european champions and we're on semis for the first time in history... The spell has been broken!
Though the team is not playing as good as they have been doing before the championship they make a very compact group and I don't think Germany is going to have an easy rival for the finals. In fact, we defeated germany in the european championship final. Revenge? We will see.
And hey, as crisis is beating us so hard, we deserver some reasons for national joy!
It's wrong to wish on space hardware

Bensen
Orange Master

Post by Bensen » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:02 pm

space-boy wrote:Isn't anyone going to say a thing about the spanish team :o ??
We're the current european champions and we're on semis for the first time in history... The spell has been broken!
Though the team is not playing as good as they have been doing before the championship they make a very compact group and I don't think Germany is going to have an easy rival for the finals. In fact, we defeated germany in the european championship final. Revenge? We will see.
And hey, as crisis is beating us so hard, we deserver some reasons for national joy!
You're right, the spanish team has a number of outstanding players, too bad that Torres is not completely fit. I just couldn't be that happy about the result of the last game cause the videos showed that Valdez wasnt offside when he scored. But I guess thats the nature of the game (same thing with us against England - they should have that goal)...
However, I'm really looking forward to the game on wednesday. Two great teams - will be a very exciting match

IceCreamMan

Post by IceCreamMan » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:14 pm

space-boy wrote:Isn't anyone going to say a thing about the spanish team :o ??
To be sure spain are good but i get the feeling they not 100 % on top of their game ..

also felt Puyol is a couple of yards to slow

bring on the semis, the 1/4's were hellova exciting

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:10 pm

I think we've all seen that pretty much anything can happen in this year's world cup....spain could win, germany could too...It will be an outstanding match.

space-boy
Orange Expert

Post by space-boy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:01 pm

Bensen wrote: You're right, the spanish team has a number of outstanding players, too bad that Torres is not completely fit.
Yep. Torres isn't in shape for the competition. It seems like the team plays better when he leaves the field. He got us the gold in the eurocup but he shouldn't have come to this worldcup. Nevertheless, Villa is playing really well - too bad he's signed for the barça!
As for the last game, people here says "football is football" :-) Anything is fair as long as you get the desired result - and the ref was just bad, that's all. He didn't see an incredibly obvious penalty made by the keeper right after the second shot of the penalty of xavi alonso. I just can't understand why they are so much against using the cameras when the situation ain't clear, like in NBA or tennis. The england-germany example is perfect. The only guy who didn't see the ball in was the referee.
An exciting game, no doubt. And funny trivia: my bandmate (and his german gf) are moving to berlin later next month. No matter what happens, he's going to suffer anyway :P
It's wrong to wish on space hardware

swarming

Post by swarming » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:41 pm

Torres is good for one thing in this WC...
every time he gets of the field spain scores... :lol:

Foef
Orange Master

Post by Foef » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:40 pm

All psyched up about tonight's match.
I hope Holland gets through to the final.
Shouldn't be too hard, but we first have to achieve it.
I don't think Urugay can be underestimated.
Damn, i need a beer.....

Grtz, Bert.
Squier 15 (1988)
Mesa/Boogie F50 (2005)
Orange CR60C (2014)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Factory/438445022903833
http://www.facebook.com/ODcoverband

misterfolkertsma
Orange Expert

Post by misterfolkertsma » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:49 pm

Foef wrote:All psyched up about tonight's match.
I hope Holland gets through to the final.
Shouldn't be too hard, but we first have to achieve it.
I don't think Urugay can be underestimated.
Damn, i need a beer.....

Grtz, Bert.
Exactly, everyone's talking as if we're already in the finals but Uruguay got this far for a reason. We can't underestimate them.

Have a good game!