World Cup

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Blainy
Orange Master

Re: World Cup

Post by Blainy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

gnosticbass wrote:How about Portugal? Granted they were playing a team that really has no business playing at this level but still what a blow out fun to watch if you like Portugal not so fun if you like NKorea.
Portugal will play Spain or Brazil in the next round. This is massive - any one of these teams (unlike Germany or Paraguay :D ) is good enough to win the cup. But it means at least one really good team will go home.

bfitz
Orange Expert

Post by bfitz » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:37 pm

I've been backing spain but they dont look like they are comfortable out there even tho they won 2-0 yesterday, they really should have hammered home a few more goals as their group will prob go down to goal difference.

I think Brazil will be the hardest to beat they look like they werent too pushed the other night and when the bigger games come up they will be a lot more ruthless

Netherlands also look like a team playing within themselves happy to get the results without using up too much energy or giving their game plan away, remember the euro's 2 years ago they were on fire in the group stages but were undone in the knockouts by russia, Holland would be a good outside bet IMO and it would be great to see a team thats never won the competition to get their hands on the trophy.

Its a sub standard world cup goals wise but very interesting to see who actually gets out of the groups. Italy, Spain and England are all looking like they could lose out and that would be a big shock

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Fender CIJ Pink Paisley Tele
Fender Classic Player Strat 50s
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:39 pm

gnosticbass wrote:How about Portugal? Granted they were playing a team that really has no business playing at this level but still what a blow out fun to watch if you like Portugal not so fun if you like NKorea.
That was a bit of a mis-match, huh?

Friday's Brasil v Portugal match ought to be very interesting....

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:49 pm

Wow... South Africa's really doing it to France at the half... as the hosting nation it would be great if they advance.

bfitz
Orange Expert

Post by bfitz » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:57 pm

bclaire wrote:Wow... South Africa's really doing it to France at the half
And Irish eyes are smiling!!! its funny how things turn out!

Im only making fun but there are some people in Ireland that are quite happy to watch the demise of France

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:59 pm

Yeah seriously, France really deserve to be embarassed (or embarass themselves) after cheating Ireland out of the cup.

Blainy
Orange Master

Post by Blainy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Mixture of English and German folk where I'm working today.....France result is real popular.

I meant to say earlier that Spain will play Brazil or Portugal.

bfitz
Orange Expert

Post by bfitz » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:04 pm

Wendigo wrote:Yeah seriously, France really deserve to be embarassed (or embarass themselves) after cheating Ireland out of the cup.
Yeah seriously, France really deserve to be embarassed (or embarass themselves) after cheating Ireland out of the cup.

To be fair I couldnt see our boys qualifying out of that group but it would have been sweet to have been there anyway we're lookin forward to the euro's now fingers crossed we can make a good stab at qualification

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr

gnosticbass
Tiny Terror

Post by gnosticbass » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:23 pm

bfitz wrote:
Wendigo wrote:Yeah seriously, France really deserve to be embarassed (or embarass themselves) after cheating Ireland out of the cup.

To be fair I couldnt see our boys qualifying out of that group but it would have been sweet to have been there anyway we're lookin forward to the euro's now fingers crossed we can make a good stab at qualification
Ireland has a lot of love here in my household. My wife is half Irish (and half Italian). We hope they do well and are pulling for them. I'm of French and English decent but big place in my heart for Ireland even been there once beautiful country.

misterfolkertsma
Orange Expert

Post by misterfolkertsma » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:53 pm

blenk wrote:
noisemaker wrote:also anyone else think the NKorens will be safe when they get home after todays hammering?
I felt really sorry for the players NKorea, they're such an odd team really. A team from such an anti-western country playing in a very western competition, not having proper sponsorship. I can't imagine the envy they feel watching other players in their 'luxery'. I've heard some really weird stories about them (like having to drive themselves to the matches?) that I haven't been able to confirm just yet, not to mention having no real fans there...

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:05 pm

misterfolkertsma wrote:...I felt really sorry for the players NKorea, they're such an odd team really. A team from such an anti-western country playing in a very western competition, not having proper sponsorship. I can't imagine the envy they feel watching other players in their 'luxery'. I've heard some really weird stories about them (like having to drive themselves to the matches?) that I haven't been able to confirm just yet, not to mention having no real fans there...
I'm sure that living in North Korea can be "enriching" in its' own special way.

bfitz
Orange Expert

Post by bfitz » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:40 pm

Its do or die for the english boys today! I really hope its a good game cos both of em will want to win it. Exciting stuff!

I think england could just edge it, slovenia are no whippin boys like!
any views???

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:52 pm

bfitz wrote:Its do or die for the english boys today! I really hope its a good game cos both of em will want to win it. Exciting stuff!

I think england could just edge it, slovenia are no whippin boys like!
any views???
Do or die for the USA at the same time. I'll be flipping between channels...

bfitz
Orange Expert

Post by bfitz » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:14 pm

bclaire wrote:Do or die for the USA at the same time. I'll be flipping between channels...
oh yeah so if they both win they both go thru dont they ooooh!! nervy stuff lads!!!

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Grumble:

France not having scored that goal wouldn't have meant ireland winning....

Grumble even more:

Anyway, my dear birth country deservedly went out after playing like crap.
The most lively striker we had is the one the spent most time on the bench - go figure it out..... (Henry, he of the handball)

*Les Paul Lover goes away grumbling some more....*
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute