World Cup

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

space-boy
Orange Expert

Re: World Cup

Post by space-boy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:28 am

bclaire wrote:Think the partying in Spain has stopped yet?
Not quite. I don't know how many people, but serveral hundred thousands were waiting for them for hours under a heavy summer sun. They arrived about 3 hours later as they hardly could move along the streets on their victory parade. So, most of us are "now" coming back home or even to our workplaces.

A national hangover day, this is. Shades on 8)
It's wrong to wish on space hardware

blacklight_uk
Orange Master

Re: World Cup

Post by blacklight_uk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:41 am

Just got back from Spain last night! We were staying in a small urbanizacion just outside Marbella and I watched the match in a restaurant on the beach :D

Even our peaceful little place went berserk! The atmosphere was phenomenal and it rubbed off on all of us. I was rooting for the Netherlands after England went out but I was really disappointed by their performance. Very unsporting, no place in a third division playoff let alone a World Cup final! Still I hope they come back in the euros having cooled off a little.

I thought the refereeing was appropriate for the game - nobody wants to see a final stopping and starting at every knock - though again (as has been the case throughout the tournament in all games) there were a few mistakes. Regardless, Spain always looked more likely to win. Passing was fluid and accurate, the ideas were all there, just took a while before the Dutch stopped putting the boot in and they could play!

I think Spain have a great team, but it's no surprise when 7 of the squad plays for Barcelona and 5 for Real Madrid!
Josh