Okay, who could ask to make us some head cabs for the TT?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

guitarchild
Rocker

Okay, who could ask to make us some head cabs for the TT?

Post by guitarchild » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:06 pm

Now that Dawnofzion & Libtech aren't making them anymore. What cab maker do you think could make some of these (And make them look like their big brothers). I need one for my new TT.

jeepocaster
Tiny Terror

Re: Okay, who could ask to make us some head cabs for the TT?

Post by jeepocaster » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:55 am

I'm considering doing about ten or so. Maybe more if there's a demand for it. I have all the tools and experience, I'd just have to MAKE the time... :lol: I'll get serious about checking sources for materials. :)

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:27 am

jeepocaster wrote:I'm considering doing about ten or so. Maybe more if there's a demand for it. I have all the tools and experience, I'd just have to MAKE the time... :lol: I'll get serious about checking sources for materials. :)
I think Mojotone has the closest thing to Orange Vynide, and the rest should be fairly easy to source.

jeepocaster
Tiny Terror

Post by jeepocaster » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:03 am

Cool! Thank You! :D That's what I was looking for! I've got a source for the cab corners and handles and vents.

Sam_from_Texas
Tiny Terror

Post by Sam_from_Texas » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:19 am

I'd be seriously interested in a Dual Terror one if the price wasn't too bad

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:38 am

I think they would look pretty impressive with a white headbox for the few who have white Orange cabs and TTs. Time to pay a visit to Humbucker's site...

guitarchild
Rocker

Post by guitarchild » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:04 am

I checked out Mojotones selection of tolex. It looks like the closest to the Orange tolex that OMEC uses is, the Mojotone Rough Item#7310255. Also the Mojotone Vox/Hiwatt Orange looks close too, Item#7312625. Actually when I blew up the pictures of both tolex samples, the Vox/Hiwatt one looked closest to my eyes.

libtech
Tiny Terror

Post by libtech » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:39 pm

I used the rough orange stuff, because they didnt have the vox stuff when I was building these. It matched very well, but the vox stuff looks even closer!

Nork
Orange Master

Post by Nork » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:40 pm

i'd be interested and would hopefully have the cash for you when you made'em. libs looked the most authentically orange (just an opinion, don't hurt me) and i'd love to get one similar.
--Nick

Parker Nitefly SA -> TC PolyTune -> OLER Box ->Timmy -> MP SHOD -> Eventide TimeFactor/e3 -> Orange TT -> Avatar 112 (Weber 1225)

jeepocaster
Tiny Terror

Post by jeepocaster » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:04 pm

It looks like the best use of my time would be to set up some jigs and bang out 20-30 at once. For people who would want different colored skins, would you be interested in buying the bare wood shell and covering it yourself? It would be at a substantial savings for you, and I wouldn't be sitting on looms of every color. :wink: I've got one of dawnofzions' last cabinets and I agree that libtechs' looked fabulous! I know that time is my limiting factor and the woodworking is my strong point. I've done some upholstering, but that o-ring piping would probably be my undoing. :lol: I would be very willing to sell some bare wood shells, tho. Something to consider.

OMG! I saw the rattlesnake tolex and had a 80'S flashback!!!! :twisted:

guitarchild
Rocker

Post by guitarchild » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:54 pm

Jeep, would the cabs you're talking about building, come with the handles and corners? Maybe ask Libtech if he could guide you on the O-Ring piping, and the tolexing. If nothing else I would be willing to give a shot to tolexing my own head cab. I would attempt the whole thing myself, but I don't have a garage/workshop or more important the woodworking tools. :lol:

jeepocaster
Tiny Terror

Post by jeepocaster » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:33 pm

Yeah, I could get the handles, corners and vents all rounded up, get them all cut, routed, sanded and glued and screwed together, all holes drilled, etc. If someone could get me dimensions for the Dual Terror and Bass Terror we could get those made, too. I'm very happy with the one I got from Weston, and I think it makes a cool sounding amp look the part a bit more! I'm sure more people would be into getting one. If doing the Tolexing doesn't grab your fancy, it would be fairly cheap to get it done locally I'd bet. If I were to do the Tolex, I'd probably stick to just the Orange color.

For reference's sake, I am in Iowa, right in the center of the USA.

Nork
Orange Master

Post by Nork » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:33 am

i talked to him and he basically routed i think just a hair smaller than piping. how he tolex'd i'm not sure if he just pressed it in your cut it. ask him...he's pretty awesome!
--Nick

Parker Nitefly SA -> TC PolyTune -> OLER Box ->Timmy -> MP SHOD -> Eventide TimeFactor/e3 -> Orange TT -> Avatar 112 (Weber 1225)

libtech
Tiny Terror

Post by libtech » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:21 pm

I was coming on here to say maybe I've cracked and will do it, but sounds like jeepcaster wants to take a stab at it. If you need any help just ask!

Nork
Orange Master

Post by Nork » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:06 pm

competition isn't bad! :lol:

lib - have you gotten another TT or just have the measurements from last time? or has work slowed down for you?
--Nick