OT: Video of my kid doing Nirvana & Wipers covers @ Folklife

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Armchair Bronco
Orange Hero

OT: Video of my kid doing Nirvana & Wipers covers @ Folklife

Post by Armchair Bronco » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:42 pm

The last time I posted a link to a video on this site, it was my son covering Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" using my Orange Tiny Terror. This time around, he was using my Roland MicroCube at Seattle's annual Folklife Festival held last weekend in the pouring rain.

It was my 11 year old's 1st busking experience at the Seattle Center. He played for about 35 minutes and made $28. Was hoping for more but Security (aka "The Man") stopped by and said that *any* kind of amplification was verboten so we had to turn the amp off. WTF? It's a 0.5 watt amp! Of course, we could hardly hear what "The Man" was saying due to the 17 conga drums and the 15 kettle drums that were banging away across the sidewalk...irony at its best. :?

We'll be returning for more busking at the Bumbershoot rock festival this summer. We hear that the Bumbershoot folks may be more friendly about a little amplification.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP81grHQdH4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Armchair Bronco
Orange Hero

Re: OT: Video of my kid doing Nirvana & Wipers covers @ Folklife

Post by Armchair Bronco » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:46 pm

Maybe I should get him an Orange Micro Crush PiX and glue a belt clip-on thingy to it... :idea:

nguideau
Orange Master

Post by nguideau » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Holy pile of poop that's cool! More kids need to be listening to bands like the Wipers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they also do "Alien Boy?"
- Nathan

Armchair Bronco
Orange Hero

Post by Armchair Bronco » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:11 pm

nguideau wrote:Holy **** that's cool! More kids need to be listening to bands like the Wipers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they also do "Alien Boy?"
Yep, "Alien Boy" is a Wipers' classic. Actually, all their stuff is killer. The Wipers are one of the great Power Trios of all time.

You can still order re-issues of their music directly from front-man & lead guitarist Greg Sage on his website (thankfully, he owns all the rights to his own music --- IMAGINE THAT!).

http://www.zenorecords.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

xenious
Orange Hero

Post by xenious » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:49 pm

Very rock n roll! Kids got charisma and handles himself quite well.
-Xen
"Ran into a juke joint when I heard a guitar scream. The notes were turning blue. I was dazing in a dream."

OR50, Vox AC4
LP Standard Faded, JEM, ES-335
Custom King Bee relic tele /w TV Jones
Reverse Flying V
Epi EL-00