OT: Broke my guitar at our show... ;)

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Nork
Orange Master

Re: OT: Broke my guitar at our show... ;)

Post by Nork » Tue May 25, 2010 7:14 am

i don't get purpposely destroying a guitar. i don't hate it, but part of me does cringe 'cause it all costs lots and there's tons of people who don't have much and we just break stuff. jimmy's burning strat is pretty iconic tho.

@ neil - if it helps any, i have a long story - me and my buddy whilst starting to play for our band thought it would be cool to do that "throw you guitar around your head/shoulder" thing while we had some time at a practice for our outside festival gig. being young and stupid, i hadn't reinforced the screws on my strap locks - they were just the stock ones that came with the locks, not long enough. so i did my big rockstar move and off went the guitar. just as it reached pericynthion, the screw leg go and sent my guitar (my beloved epi LP named "josie") on a ballistic path for the gravel we were playing on. cracked the fingerboard away from the neck along the binding just at the headstock. i'm lucky it didn't snap off. had it repaired by a good tech and you'd barely know, but man, my heart stopped.

my buddy, a few before came to practice with his BRAND NEW hwy1 tele he's just bought. procceeded to do the same thing and his guitar did the same thing, cept landed butt first and cracked along the glue line near the control pots (it was a 3 peice body painted black). all the way from the buttof the guitar to the plate. time slowed down as we watched it happen.
--Nick

Parker Nitefly SA -> TC PolyTune -> OLER Box ->Timmy -> MP SHOD -> Eventide TimeFactor/e3 -> Orange TT -> Avatar 112 (Weber 1225)