Celestion G12H - 30 speakers? Do you like them?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: Celestion G12H - 30 speakers? Do you like them?

Post by Randy Bass » Thu May 20, 2010 11:30 pm

misterMagoo wrote: The only rational decision is to sell whatever car you have now, (or scooter maybe?) get the cab and stick it in a red flyer wagon. You would then have the coolest amp AND by the associative property the coolest transportation. It would be a hell of a lot of work to get around but you would probably get more a$$ than the rest of us combined. :lol:
+1 for the a$$wagon idea.

I have tried the PPC212 atop the PPC412-LTD and found that the V30s at that height overpower the G12H-30s to the point that it makes the upper-mid spike of the V30s more painful. I prefer the PPC412-LTD by itself rather than combined with the PPC212.

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Thu May 20, 2010 11:48 pm

misterMagoo wrote:
baytamusic wrote:
Bluz57 wrote:I believe you would like the Golds with the AD50.They are worth the money IMO.
Haha. Are you trying to make me go broke or something? A 4x12 Orange cab loaded with Golds and my Ad50 would cost as much as a cheap car. :oops: Although, I'd pretty much have the coolest amp in the universe. :D
The only rational decision is to sell whatever car you have now, (or scooter maybe?) get the cab and stick it in a red flyer wagon. You would then have the coolest amp AND by the associative property the coolest transportation. It would be a hell of a lot of work to get around but you would probably get more a$$ than the rest of us combined. :lol:
I don't have a car anymore. :( No need for one in Chicago actually, it's really more convenient not to have one. My bandmate has a van. Soooo, the amount of ass I get is definitely dependent upon what kind of rig I have. :lol:

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Fri May 21, 2010 12:06 am

Randy Bass wrote:
misterMagoo wrote: The only rational decision is to sell whatever car you have now, (or scooter maybe?) get the cab and stick it in a red flyer wagon. You would then have the coolest amp AND by the associative property the coolest transportation. It would be a hell of a lot of work to get around but you would probably get more a$$ than the rest of us combined. :lol:
+1 for the a$$wagon idea.

I have tried the PPC212 atop the PPC412-LTD and found that the V30s at that height overpower the G12H-30s to the point that it makes the upper-mid spike of the V30s more painful. I prefer the PPC412-LTD by itself rather than combined with the PPC212.
How about the other way around. Did you try putting the 2x12 on the bottom?

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Fri May 21, 2010 3:40 am

baytamusic wrote:How about the other way around. Did you try putting the 2x12 on the bottom?
That would have been an obvious thing to do, but I must have been a bit too lazy to try it at the time :D . Aside from the appearance, it would probably balance out the volume better that way. I'll try to test the theory this weekend and report back. I'll use the OR50 and I can also test the R30 and TT if either one would be helpful to you. I can tell you that I do like the G12H-30 in the TT combo better than the TT head + PPC112 with a V30. The V30 is better at high volumes (if the upper mids are tamed), but the G12H-30 sounds good at any volume.