Gibson Thunderbird
Gibson Nikki Sixx Thunderbird
Gibson Les Paul Bass

arkman
Tiny Terror

Re: So Sensitive

Post by arkman » Wed May 19, 2010 1:32 am

baytamusic wrote:
misterMagoo wrote:Two condoms helps a lot for that...
I don't get this at all.

What just happened?

Ddjembe Mutombo
Orange Master

Post by Ddjembe Mutombo » Wed May 19, 2010 1:41 am

don't you hate it when you have that feeling that you have to poop, but you know if you sit on the toilet nothing will come out? That sucks.
Monty

neonrust
Duke of Orange

Post by neonrust » Wed May 19, 2010 1:52 am

............Image
OU818 wrote:Image
((((((((((((((((((((((((Andy))))))))))))))))))))

MaxProphet
Orange Master

Post by MaxProphet » Wed May 19, 2010 2:09 am

i caused 2 members to leave because i said microsoft word sucks...

JK...

i think.

OU818
Orange Master

Post by OU818 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:16 am

@ neonrust

You just broke my brain.
Orange Gear:
AD200B MkIII
OBC810

Non-Orange:
Bergantino NXT212
Bergantino Forte D
Woogie Lessie
Laney DBV-410

Basses:
Ernie Ball Stingray 4H
Rickenbacker 4003
Gibson Midtown Signature
Gibson Thunderbird
Gibson Les Paul Bass

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Wed May 19, 2010 9:08 am

As far as internet forums go, I don't think this one is as bad as most others... the problem is generally that people can read any tone they want into opinions on the internet, however careful you are to try not to sound condescending or arrogant!
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

OU818
Orange Master

Post by OU818 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:19 am

A bit off topic however...

Teddy, I grabbed a copy of Deadwood last night, first time I have heard your band.

Simply put: Wow!

First couple of tracks really blew me away, definitely a fan of it.
Although I am sad to say that we must have been channeling similar muses at one point as the opening riff to Teenage Suicide somewhat resembles one of my songs Til' I See You In Hell. Luckily they are different enough for me to be happy in my previous ignorance of your riff and will just have to avoid playing that song in front of any Orange community members :oops: :lol:
Orange Gear:
AD200B MkIII
OBC810

Non-Orange:
Bergantino NXT212
Bergantino Forte D
Woogie Lessie
Laney DBV-410

Basses:
Ernie Ball Stingray 4H
Rickenbacker 4003
Gibson Midtown Signature
Gibson Thunderbird
Gibson Les Paul Bass

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Wed May 19, 2010 9:29 am

OU818 wrote:A bit off topic however...

Teddy, I grabbed a copy of Deadwood last night, first time I have heard your band.

Although I am sad to say that we must have been channeling similar muses at one point as the opening riff to Teenage Suicide somewhat resembles one of my songs Til' I See You In Hell. Luckily they are different enough for me to be happy in my previous ignorance of your riff and will just have to avoid playing that song in front of any Orange community members :oops: :lol:
Aah, I noticed someone bought Deadwood and Postcards on Bandcamp yesterday :mrgreen: Thanks for buying them, glad you enjoyed it!

In retrospect I feel the production of Deadwood is a little trebly, I prefer the up-front grittiness of Postcards... it's a learning curve recording yourself! Still, I'm proud of both, it's nice to look back on them and know that we did it all ourselves!
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

OU818
Orange Master

Post by OU818 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:46 am

Le Chat Noir wrote:
OU818 wrote:A bit off topic however...

Aah, I noticed someone bought Deadwood and Postcards on Bandcamp yesterday :mrgreen: Thanks for buying them, glad you enjoyed it!

In retrospect I feel the production of Deadwood is a little trebly, I prefer the up-front grittiness of Postcards... it's a learning curve recording yourself! Still, I'm proud of both, it's nice to look back on them and know that we did it all ourselves!
Thanks for reminding me that I grabbed Postcards. My stupid iPhone rejected the 96khz sample rate and wouldn't let me put it on. I will have a listen to it now.

The only recording I ever do are my demos and ideas. One of these days I hope to have the patience to handle the recording and mastering myself.
Orange Gear:
AD200B MkIII
OBC810

Non-Orange:
Bergantino NXT212
Bergantino Forte D
Woogie Lessie
Laney DBV-410

Basses:
Ernie Ball Stingray 4H
Rickenbacker 4003
Gibson Midtown Signature
Gibson Thunderbird
Gibson Les Paul Bass

Borderline Productions
Orange Master

Post by Borderline Productions » Wed May 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Speaking of being sensitive, you just made feel bad for not having bought any of Teddy's music. Don't worry, I haven't downloaded any for free, either. My computer has only allowed some small audio samples and the youtube clips. Great stuff!

Still waiting for the US tour.
Bob

http://www.purevolume.com/oxymora" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Wed May 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Yeah, I'm still waiting too Bob! :mrgreen: We'll see, it's definitely on the cards mid to long term... just need to find some money to get our asses over there, and a reliable booking agent Stateside!!
Teddy
I play an AD30TC

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Wed May 19, 2010 9:59 pm

Le Chat Noir wrote: just need to find some money to get our asses over there, and a reliable booking agent Stateside!!

If you need an agent in the States, this guy might be right for you: http://www.theagencygroup.com/agency_ov ... aplan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Wed May 19, 2010 11:31 pm

I've always wanted to hire a booking agent in past bands, never wanted to pay for it. :mrgreen:

We used to just do the best we could doing it ourselves. It gets easier the more times you go out since you make contacts. I haven't toured in 8 years though. The internet is much better now.

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Thu May 20, 2010 7:52 pm

baytamusic wrote:I've always wanted to hire a booking agent in past bands, never wanted to pay for it. :mrgreen:

We used to just do the best we could doing it ourselves. It gets easier the more times you go out since you make contacts. I haven't toured in 8 years though. The internet is much better now.
I don't know how it works Stateside, but here it is actually illegal for legit booking agents to charge money up front - they are only allowed to operate on a percentage of fee basis.

We only talked to one bunch in the States, who wanted something like 3 grand up front to organise a tour! Of course, over here we just use booking agents to organise the shows and do all the gear/accommodation booking and such ourselves - these guys were a full-on PR company too and wanted to help us with promotion, gear hire etc. Still, that's 3 grand we don't have :( I'm quite happy doing it ourselves over here, but for an organised US tour we'd need someone who knows the scene over there to help us out!

Thanks for the link Wendigo, will check it out.
Teddy
I play an AD30TC