cost of installation

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

princepudding
Tiny Terror

cost of installation

Post by princepudding » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:01 pm

how much should i be paying for a professional install of a sustainer/sustainiac pick up? ranges are fine as well as educated guesses.

jeepocaster
Tiny Terror

Re: cost of installation

Post by jeepocaster » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Probably $100-$150 due to the routing and wiring/stereo input jack involved. Similar in cost to a floyd rose installation. FWIW, I put two of them in a couple of my guitars and didn't find it worth the effort. Nothing it did was better that what I can make happen standing near my amps. Definately get the FP02 instead of the FP01. I think that was the part #'s. Anyway, the one with the 2 mini switches has the harmonic selector High/mid/low where the base model is just on/off with 1 switch. Neat gadget, but I usually play pretty loud, so I didn't find it worthwhile.

Secondhand Dan
Orange Master

Post by Secondhand Dan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:37 pm

I had an original fernandes with the sustainer in it and I found it utterly useless. I don' think I used it once in 5 years owning the guitar. I am also a closeminded fool so take this opinion with a grain of salt.
'65 Guild Starfire III--Custom 52 HR Tele--Custom Hollow Strat--BYOC Phaser--ZVex Box of Rock--EB VP Jr--Oler ABY--Malekko 616--Tech 21 Boost RVB--AD30r--Orange TT

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:14 pm

it's all in the fingers duuuuuude

But seriously, 100-150 seems about right...

princepudding
Tiny Terror

Post by princepudding » Mon May 03, 2010 1:27 am

so guitar center wanted 500. haha!! but they also charge 375 for a new tremolo system so their prices are outrageous. The other guy i took it too had my guitar for week and then called me with an estimate saying "200 but it could be substantially higher." I don't know what kind of estimate that is but I didn't let him do the work. he also made it seem like he was doing me some big favor by doing this for me so i told him id take my business elsewhere. SO now im shopping for a shop that will do it for the same price that they charge on the website.