Any Hum fans? Reunion show May 31

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

fuzzform

Any Hum fans? Reunion show May 31

Post by fuzzform » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:37 pm

I saw Hum announced reunion show for May 31 at Millennium Park (Pritzker Pavillion) in Chicago. I wish I could go but it's just not possible.

They were the band that got me into Orange amps back in the 90s. To anybody that hasn't heard of them, I SERIOUSLY suggest you check them out. They are heavy, spacey, and really just amazing.
"To hurry through one's leisure is the most unbusiness-like of actions." - G. K. Chesterton

Secondhand Dan
Orange Master

Re: Any Hum fans? Reunion show May 31

Post by Secondhand Dan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:53 pm

fuzzform wrote:I saw Hum announced reunion show for May 31 at Millennium Park (Pritzker Pavillion) in Chicago. I wish I could go but it's just not possible.

They were the band that got me into Orange amps back in the 90s. To anybody that hasn't heard of them, I SERIOUSLY suggest you check them out. They are heavy, spacey, and really just amazing.
Thats not fair!! I wish i was near chicago!
'65 Guild Starfire III--Custom 52 HR Tele--Custom Hollow Strat--BYOC Phaser--ZVex Box of Rock--EB VP Jr--Oler ABY--Malekko 616--Tech 21 Boost RVB--AD30r--Orange TT

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:57 pm

That's pretty cool. I don't think I ever heard much more than "Counting Stars", but that single song has done more to influence me than many other bands entire albums. :)

Secondhand Dan
Orange Master

Post by Secondhand Dan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:59 pm

Neiloler wrote:That's pretty cool. I don't think I ever heard much more than "Counting Stars", but that single song has done more to influence me than many other bands entire albums. :)
Neil, I love you more every day haha. I couldn't have said it any better myself.
'65 Guild Starfire III--Custom 52 HR Tele--Custom Hollow Strat--BYOC Phaser--ZVex Box of Rock--EB VP Jr--Oler ABY--Malekko 616--Tech 21 Boost RVB--AD30r--Orange TT

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:15 pm

Neiloler wrote:That's pretty cool. I don't think I ever heard much more than "Counting Stars", but that single song has done more to influence me than many other bands entire albums. :)
Interesting. This song is one of my favorites (though it's actual title is "Stars", for anyone looking on iTunes :wink: ). I used to have a long commute to work a number of years ago. I played this song super loud at least twice - each way! I love it! The riff near the end - and the one where the kind of chug/rest/chug/rest, etc.... - awesome!!!!

Okay - after listening to this song again I realize - I need to go do some serious fuzz shopping! :D
Greg

fuzzform

Post by fuzzform » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:29 pm

I know what you mean! If you want to hear more, you can listen to a lot of their stuff on last fm. Their official website has a bunch of rarities to download for free too.

I really wish they would get back together on a regular basis write new songs though.
"To hurry through one's leisure is the most unbusiness-like of actions." - G. K. Chesterton

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:52 am

first band I saw playing Orange live at Sunken Gardens Theater in San Antonio back in the early/mid 90s.....awesome!
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:48 pm

Haha, Dan, I try, I try. :)

Greg, I wouldn't have guessed you'd be a Hum fan, and that's one more reason why you're the bee's knees. (And thanks for the title correction, I thought it sounded a bit off).

:)