Moderator: bclaire

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Re: OT: Let's hear about YOU!

Post by Van Cleef » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:47 pm

Thirtysomething

Adelaide, South Australia

4-string for 20 years, 6-string for 4 years

Media & Communications Strategist - which is a fancy way of saying corporate PR wh0re :D

http://www.myspace.com/vancleefband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Van Cleef on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/

buzzbomb
Rocker

Post by buzzbomb » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:08 am

I'm 36 years old I like long walks on the beach.. oops wrong forum.
From: Manchester, NEW Hampshire, which is in NEW England.
Playing guitar off and on since I was 16, despite all the practice I still play sloppy punk rock. Why? because it is fun and booze never effects my sound.
I'm an Architect/stay at home dad, my wife of 11 yrs. is beautiful, brilliant and makes buckets of money in the pharmaceutical industry. I'm a bit of an Anglophile, like to make amps, have a darkroom and do 4x5, brew beer, more hobbies, more hobbies.... One 18 month old son and one on the way.
Tiny Terror and PPC2x12
Thunderverb 50 and PPC4x12 Slant
'93 Gibson LP Studio, '81 Gibson Explorer, Agile 3100
1972 Traynor YGL-Mark 3 Head

xfredrikx

Post by xfredrikx » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:51 am

18 years old, I'm from the capital of Sweden, Stockholm.

Been playing the bass for about seven years.

Don't do much during the days. Haha.

Check out my band: http://myspace.com/playedouthc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fender Aerodyne
Orange AD200-B / Mk3
Orange OBC115

Deacon Blues
Orange Master

Post by Deacon Blues » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:46 am

I'm 22, born and raised in Los Angeles CA.

Been playing guitar for 4 years this summer

Just graduated from college and trying to decide whether to go to law school or start working

I've written ton of songs and want to make an album really badly, but i've yet to find a stable lineup
My name is Alex. I used to have an AD30HTC, but now I have an RV50 and PPC212.

bfitz
Orange Expert

Post by bfitz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:18 am

Hi I'm 25 born in Limerick raised in Ennis Co. Clare

Been playing guitar for 11 years and i love it! I started taking lessons again and the fretboard is being unlocked more and more with each one. I also really enjoy bringin my guitar outdoors on a nice day like yesterday i went up to the lake and there was nobdy there just me my guitar and my micro crush gettin inspiration from everywhere

I work as a cartographer (map maker) in the Ordnance Survey Office in Ennis but i plan to transfer to dublin in the next few weeks.

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Fender CIJ Pink Paisley Tele
Fender Classic Player Strat 50s
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr

misterfolkertsma
Orange Expert

Post by misterfolkertsma » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:18 pm

I'm 21 years young, currently live in the city of Maastricht which lies in the southern part of Netherlands near Belgium. I've lived in Bangladesh, Indonesia and Thailand for a big part of my youth, moved to the Netherlands in 2000. I'm raised Dutch though.

I picked up guitar playing in 2006, so I'm still relatively new. Started out acoustic with a very old nylon-stringed guitar we once bought in Indonesia, back then I only took a month of lessons but wasn't motivated to play the classical way. Started out electric guitar about 1-2 years later with an Orange Crush30R and a Strat-copy. I just loved the way the Orange looked, which I admit isn't a good way to pick out gear haha but I'm happy I did choose the Orange cause I'm hooked on the brand now. The Dual Terror is going to be my first serious amp for gigging with my band.

I only just graduated as a Graphic Designer, so I'm trying to start up as a freelancer. After the summer I'm probably going to start with another education in the illustrative direction. In the meantime I'm working (and saving up) as much as I can as a waiter.

DarkPoet
Tiny Terror

Post by DarkPoet » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:38 pm

Going to be 34 this year, and have been playing guitar since I was 13. Took a 6 year hiatus from it but have gotten my chops back up the last few years. Live around the Madison WI area and work for the public library system. When it comes to bands, I like to play heavy stoner rock, but try to learn from all styles. In the process of learning to finger pick. Gear is in the sig.

Will
Rockerverb 50 Head
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall 1960b 4X12

jord123
Orange Hero

Post by jord123 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:24 pm

my name is jodi. i live in wa state. I've always wanted to shred. i've had guitars on and off for the last 15 years, but have only seriously been playing for about 4(in a band). I am 34. I am a cardivascular interventional x-ray tech. two kids a wife and a dog. my band is called the slippers. and its of postrock/dirtrock garage. we played one serious show. and are all to busy to rehearse. plus every fall my bass player flakes out to go on a jesus/mushroom quest and usually ends up in a looney bin for a while. so we are not very productive. I am currently trying to write and record new material (between naps and my busy on call schedule)

I am currently playing: avri thinskins(jazzmaster and tele). r30head. fender srri. my pedal board is always changing as I am still trying to dial in my live sound.
Rain..Ammunition

miggs55

Post by miggs55 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:35 pm

I'm 28 and was born and still live in San Jose, California.

I've been playing for about 12 years.

I've been a police officer for about 9 months. Now that I'm done with the training program, the academy before that and working and finishing up college before that...I finally have time to myself on my days off. So I've been playing alot more which is great. Married for almost a year to a great lady and we are going to be house hunting and baby making in the coming months...goodbye free time and gear money! :shock:

guitarmy50
Orange Expert

Post by guitarmy50 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:15 pm

21, been playing guitar and bass for maybe 5-6 years, from Michigan, and currently trying to finish a degree in chemical engineering.

jord123
Orange Hero

Post by jord123 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:57 pm

hey gtrarmy, did you buy one of fugazi's old amps or are you a former member?
Rain..Ammunition

guitarmy50
Orange Expert

Post by guitarmy50 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:18 am

jord123 wrote:hey gtrarmy, did you buy one of fugazi's old amps or are you a former member?
Haha, no to both unfortunately. I would love one of their old amps, and I think I could die content if I had been a member. The picture is just one I found somewhere, and I'm just a guy who digs their music.

Bensen
Orange Master

Post by Bensen » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:33 am

I'm Ben. 27 years. From Bielefeld (Germany). I play electric for 5 years and acoustic for 9, but originally I've been a drummer