gear that finds you .

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

retrotone
Orange Master

Post by retrotone » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:10 pm

I dont know if this qualifies but, I was reading about Ampegs (I'm obsessed with the faces and stones) 70's series V2 and how they kicked the shi* out of all the amps of there time, and so as kind of a mystery joke I went on ebay and typed in AMPEG V2.... there it was 350 bucks. I wrote to the guy told him I wanted it and would buy it for 400. SOLD. I have to return a few things but I think it's worth it. still has all original tubes and working condition. he also sent me a full supply of back up tubes just incase! so ha... sometimes ebay does pay off that bastar*

DavesInsane
Tiny Terror

Post by DavesInsane » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:17 pm

On basically everything I've bought as far as guitars and amps, I've found that it sells for at least $100 more than what I paid everywhere else.

So I found Calypso, my BluesBurst ES-135 in a strange way...

I used to just collect pictures of the coolest looking guitars that I could never afford. My favorite one out of 50 or so pictures, including some rare birds, was the BluestBurst ES-135. I didn't expect that less than a year later I saw it in a local store and hooked up with my guitar lessons teacher at the time for a deal that was $250 under the price of other dealers...plus no tax or shipping costs.

I also bumped into my Mesa Recto 4x12 used...but the thing was it was used for a week. I got a deal on what was really a new cabinet for the price of a used one!

Oh, actually my Marshall 1x12 VS65R I got a deal on because it was the floor model and had no footswitch. They threw in a free footswitch and knocked the price down a bit.

My friend Bobby also suprised me with a free Delay pedal as a gift for christmas. I thought it was pretty sweet! It used to be his, but he gave it to me. Only thing is, it's a Digitech...

Before you ask, I'll introduce my other guitars. Eve the Epi LP Custom and Dawn the Martin D-35. They both came to me at $150+ below the price of other dealers.
Join the Delirious? Underworld Team
www.UnderworldTeam.com
Love and Peace God Bless
+DFR+

reggieisadork

Post by reggieisadork » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:09 am

I got this '63 Diamond Ranger electric guitar for Christmas a few years back. This is a random Italian company that made accordians primarily. It's got vegi-matic style pick-up selectors, half the body is plastic the other half is particle board. It's got an old-school tremelo with little wheels on the bridge, a little rhinestone that dots the i in Diamond and it's black and sparkle silver. It's not the greatest playing guitar in the world, but it's close to the coolest looking. I move alot on stage and bump the selector buttons on accident every now and again and it goes mute when no buttons are pushed all the way in. I'm going to start using as a slide guitar which makes it easier to play. It's got a fat chunky sound out of the three oversized single coils.
~Reggie

slideman

Post by slideman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:13 am

Thanks for those interesting snippets boys ..Iguess were all looking for our own HOLY GRAIL I hope you find yours and that you recognize it when you do ... slide man ..we rock in oz

PureRockFury
Tiny Terror

Post by PureRockFury » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:28 am

my buddy bought a box of stuff at a yard sale one time for 5 bucks and it contained a working old Ibanez Tube Screamer. the metal one with the seasick green paint. he gave it to me because he didn't play. i smiled for a week.
1997 Gibson Les Paul studio/2004 Gibson S.G. special/Orange Crush 30R/Dunlop Crybaby wah