OT: Rammstein Live

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

howdy-doo
Orange Master

OT: Rammstein Live

Post by howdy-doo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:19 pm

has anyone seen Rammstein live before? i saw them for the first time yesterday and it was the best concert i've been too, and i managed to get right to the front on the barrier :lol: .

heres a vid, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCbZIwHIZvQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Liam

miggs55

Re: OT: Rammstein Live

Post by miggs55 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:16 am

I saw them years ago...when I was in high school, so it must have been 9-10 years ago. It was ridiculously over the top with the fire, flaming arrows and fake phallus...but pretty cool I guess.

Drdos
Orange Master

Post by Drdos » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Didn't they do a song that included chocolate cake recipe for the lyrics?
Vince

tony_clifton
Orange Master

Post by tony_clifton » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:32 pm

Drdos wrote:Didn't they do a song that included chocolate cake recipe for the lyrics?
Omfg that would be hilarious:)
I play bass.

Drdos
Orange Master

Post by Drdos » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:38 pm

Drdos wrote:Didn't they do a song that included chocolate cake recipe for the lyrics?
Here's the skinny on this legend...
"you are talking about d song "Die Eier Von Satan" by Rammstein meaning The Balls of Satan
Lead singer Maynard Keenan wrote this. It sounds kind of ridiculous because it is in German, but once you understand what he wrote it's quite funny and meaningful. The majority of people listening to this song are going to hear a passionate German speaker and an enraptured, cheering crowed, which they will automatically associate to Hitler his many public speeches. The lyrics, however, are nothing but a recipe for a dessert called "The Balls (Eggs) of Satan." Throughout the speech Maynard is heard saying the phrase, "Und kine Eier." Which means " And no eggs." This is where it gets confusing. Eggs actually DO represent the Jewish people. Eggs are an essential baking ingredient because they give the food it's fullness and texture. Historically, the Jews are known to do the same for any culture they integrated themselves into. Without eggs, a recipe is flat, and without Jews, a culture is flat. In the end it is a political statement, knocking Nazism (comparing Hitler's Jewless nation to the Balls of Satan - a recipe which fails without eggs), and a thumb at Americans, who will immediately associate a German speaker to Hitler, even without knowing the text. (thanks, Doran - Toronto, Canada)"
Vince

howdy-doo
Orange Master

Post by howdy-doo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Drdos wrote:
Here's the skinny on this legend...
"you are talking about d song "Die Eier Von Satan" by Rammstein meaning The Balls of Satan
Lead singer Maynard Keenan wrote this. It sounds kind of ridiculous because it is in German, but once you understand what he wrote it's quite funny and meaningful. The majority of people listening to this song are going to hear a passionate German speaker and an enraptured, cheering crowed, which they will automatically associate to Hitler his many public speeches. The lyrics, however, are nothing but a recipe for a dessert called "The Balls (Eggs) of Satan." Throughout the speech Maynard is heard saying the phrase, "Und kine Eier." Which means " And no eggs." This is where it gets confusing. Eggs actually DO represent the Jewish people. Eggs are an essential baking ingredient because they give the food it's fullness and texture. Historically, the Jews are known to do the same for any culture they integrated themselves into. Without eggs, a recipe is flat, and without Jews, a culture is flat. In the end it is a political statement, knocking Nazism (comparing Hitler's Jewless nation to the Balls of Satan - a recipe which fails without eggs), and a thumb at Americans, who will immediately associate a German speaker to Hitler, even without knowing the text. (thanks, Doran - Toronto, Canada)"
:lol: i didn't know that. im not totally surprised though, in the concert he rode a giant **** that shot foam :lol: so i suppose weirdness is to be expected :P
Last edited by howdy-doo on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liam

miggs55

Post by miggs55 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:22 pm

I'm pretty certain "die eir Von Satan" is a song by Tool not Rammstein.

Drdos
Orange Master

Post by Drdos » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:45 pm

miggs55 wrote:I'm pretty certain "die eir Von Satan" is a song by Tool not Rammstein.
Actually it wasn't either band it was done by Ænima according to Wikipedia.. As if their info is always correct... :roll:
Vince

Deacon Blues
Orange Master

Post by Deacon Blues » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:58 pm

tool is responsible for die eier
My name is Alex. I used to have an AD30HTC, but now I have an RV50 and PPC212.

aljazz
Tiny Terror

Post by aljazz » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:09 pm

Drdos wrote:
miggs55 wrote:I'm pretty certain "die eir Von Satan" is a song by Tool not Rammstein.
Actually it wasn't either band it was done by Ænima according to Wikipedia.. As if their info is always correct... :roll:
Check it again, the song is from Ænima, which is an album by Tool.

Drdos
Orange Master

Post by Drdos » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:58 pm

aljazz wrote:
Drdos wrote:
Check it again, the song is from Ænima, which is an album by Tool.
hahaha.....
Vince

TheOrangeJuicer
Orange Master

Post by TheOrangeJuicer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:47 am

howdy-doo wrote:has anyone seen Rammstein live before? i saw them for the first time yesterday and it was the best concert i've been too, and i managed to get right to the front on the barrier :lol: .

heres a vid, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCbZIwHIZvQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not live but I do have a video with them on it. Much better quality that way. They must be the German version of KISS. Way over the top for sure.
-Bill

Orange Amplification full line dealer
http://www.uptownaudio.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.biglickamplification.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;