TT Cutting Out?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Mossbank
Rocker

TT Cutting Out?

Post by Mossbank » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:16 am

So my year-old Tiny Terror seems to have developed a problem since my re-location to New Zealand.

I'm playing away and then the volume drops, quite a lot (though I can still hear the sounds), and then kicks in again. Thought it was my pedal board or leads but I've plugged several different leads straight into the head and still get dips in output.

Any ideas? It was sat on a boat for six weeks getting here but it looks and sounds fine (when the sound is all there).

Cheers!

MaxProphet
Orange Master

Re: TT Cutting Out?

Post by MaxProphet » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:46 am

loose tube connection somewhere? try taking them out and putting them back in a few times to re-seat the pins

flea
Orange Master

Post by flea » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:00 pm

I'd try new tubes.

princepudding
Tiny Terror

Post by princepudding » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:44 pm

tubes. could be your electrical source too. If your not plugged into a reliable source it could cause that.

danbond
Orange Expert

Post by danbond » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:05 pm

I had this too - is it like a volume drop when you hit the strings hard - like your attack dies before coming back in?

Mine seemed to be a slightly dirty pot - does the problem go away if you move the gain/volume dials?

Otherwise, it sounds like a tube. If its still in warrenty, I'd just get someone to look at it for you.

Dan