Just finished It might Get Loud

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Re: Just finished It might Get Loud

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Completely agree. And the last jam with vocals was really cool. A nice treat for the end. I have always loved both jw and jp's INTERPRETATION of the blues. Anyone can rock twelve bar and even shred over it, but applying the spirit and the drive and the soul is, to me, what seperates the greats from great guitar players that are considered the bluesmen today. I love trucks, bonamasa, guys like that as much as the next, but to me eccentricity and style is what takes it over the edge (no pun) a bit.

Oddly enough, the edge reminds me in looks and personality as my first rythm guitarist brandon piskorik. He evn used an explorer. And he did seem a little out of touch on the jams. Always sort of anticipating and playing sort of cautiously, which also seemed his place in the film. This, tbh, I think worked reeeeeaaally well, making him actually a perfect choice despite his relative dullness imo. If they got another crazy guy in there it wouldn't have worked so well.

Admittedly, the only thing I know about johnny a is that I WANT his gibson sig. Bad looking axe.
Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Ohara wrote:where in reality Detroit is more known for auto manufacturing than blues legends.
In the end though, I enjoyed the film :D
well... some people might associate detroit with the motor city five, iggy & the stooges, kiss, and that little indie label called motown...
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:59 pm

Don't forget the Nuge!
Last edited by blackcloud45 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:04 pm

d'oh

:oops:

Ohara
Orange Master

Post by Ohara » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Van Cleef wrote:
Ohara wrote:where in reality Detroit is more known for auto manufacturing than blues legends.
In the end though, I enjoyed the film :D
well... some people might associate detroit with the motor city five, iggy & the stooges, kiss, and that little indie label called motown...
you are correct on that my friend, I was mainly referring more towards the delta blues in my quote. I do apologize for my ignorance in not remembering some of the greats that have come out of detroit. :(
Just call me Ken

proud member #81 of the Tiny Terror Club
proud owner of Rocker 30 combo in white

AndyC.
Tiny Terror

Post by AndyC. » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:58 pm

I didn't see arrogance in Jack White, personally. Great film, for sure. Jimmy Page is so awesome. I loved the look on his face when he put on the Link Wrey album. So great.

Gaerc

Post by Gaerc » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:55 pm

Absolutely love that documentary! Love the venue and the 'living room' stage they set up; the sounds are just huge. I can see people finding J.White arrogant, but I guess it's because he is still a younger player really looking to find what music means to him and searching for the ultimate sounds. But still great concept, all great players imo.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better"

neonrust
Duke of Orange

Post by neonrust » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:59 pm

I just watch it on you tube and have to say I enjoyed it thoroughly.

The Edge......MEH. I respect some of the things he has done, but I think this doc showed him as having a lack of true creative talent. If I ever have a problem setting a delay pedal up 70 different ways for 70 different songs I'd think to call on him first. ....did enjoy him playing some slide though.

JP......A GOD. Nuff said. 8) 8)

JW.....Ur crazy Greg. :shock: I am a fan of his, but tried to objectively find the arrogance you were speaking of. Didn't see it. Yes...I found him to be smitten with JP's playing and legend(who wouldn't be). Son House is one of his biggest blues influences, thus the reasoning for wanting to write music in the same vein. I don't think his comments were out of sort. Any musical influence I have is held to the highest regard in the same way. Do I want to be them...nope,,,,do I want people to know about them.....YES.

We will agree to disagree I suppose. :)
((((((((((((((((((((((((Andy))))))))))))))))))))

SirJackdeFuzz
Orange Hero

Post by SirJackdeFuzz » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:00 pm

Great Movie !

Really enjoyed it, even though i am not a fan of U2 at all.

Love Jimmy Page (huge Led Zeppelin fan), and always liked the White Stipes (also a huge fan), and even though i really dislike that singer from U2, the Edge was OK in this movie.
Like i said, not a fan of the band, nor of their guitarist, but i would not mind sitting down w him in a pub with a fe w beers and talk music.
SG, Tele & LP Jr -->Radial Twin City ABY box, split into Orange Thunderverb 50 & block letter Peavey 5150

neonrust
Duke of Orange

Post by neonrust » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:25 pm

Anyone wanting to watch it.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDC3zWd3tNM

This is part 1 of 10.....just click 2,3,4...etc, after each part ends.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:40 am

Just watched it again... there's a definite glee in their demeanor- especially Page. When he's air guitaring to Rumble by Link Wray, that's just awesome!

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:53 am

If you really want girls to pay attention, kick the chair out....... Haha priceless.
Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.

neonrust
Duke of Orange

Post by neonrust » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:58 am

bclaire wrote:Keith Richards and Eric Clapton would be interesting choices...
How 'bout that along with Lennon and Mitchell......Awesome!!!IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxEX__YXmDs

Keith on bass though. :shock: :D

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:52 am

i was listening to link wray earlier in the day... as i was trying to dial in the sound with my carl martin surf trem.... when jp put the record on i lol'd verily

defrag
Orange Expert

Post by defrag » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Thanks for the YT link... I just watched it & must say that I didn't perceive Jack White coming across as arrogant at all. What a great movie.
Mesa Roadster, Egnater Rebel, Orange Terror, Blackheart Giant • Ric 360MG, Schecter C1, Martin OMC15, Moog Phatty/6 Foogers, Korg microXL/Electribe MX • Alesis, Boss, Mackie, Peterson, Radial ( o )==#
http://gamefreaks.net/defrag/personal/music.html ♪♫