THUNDEROUS NAD

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Re: THUNDEROUS NAD

Post by Le Chat Noir » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:50 pm

wrath wrote:
Le Chat Noir wrote:I *really* want a TV... I think it'd probably be my perfect amp! Jealous ;)
I also think so. :) I checked out your band sometime ago and saw some live performances on youtube and my thoughts were "why doesn't this guy use a RV or a TV?". In my humble opinion your sound needs a bit more balls to really deliver that frenzy you do on stage. Don't get me wrong, your AD is great, but i think you're more of a "head (50 watts or more) and 4x12" kind of guy. :) I think AD140 would also do you justice.
I do have a PPC412, but I usually don't bring it - being a 2-piece, I'm also conscious that there are only 2 of us to carry equipment! ;) We also play all kinds of venues, from very small palces up, and at some even the AD30 is 'too loud', I'd be worried with a 100w amp that I wouldn't be able to get a good sound at sensible volumes. The TV appeals due to the built-in attenuator, but I don't know how effective it is.

I'd love to try a setup with the AD30 and TV together - I think that's what the guy from Wolfmother uses these days and he has pretty good tone!
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

klarocca
Tiny Terror

Post by klarocca » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:57 pm

^That would be Andrew Stockdale, and yes, he is AMAZING. What I have found however is that the TV has a killer pre-amp like the RV, and does not sound bad at lower volumes. That being said though, the attenuator is GREAT.
E credo di essere anormale, ebbene non lo so.

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:39 pm

The attenuator is great. No perceived eq shift. Just a loudness knob. And yeah,I would keep the ad30 with it. Kind of mad Mr stockdale does that. It was gonna be my secret recipe once I got an ad30
Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Damn you guys... I was meant to NOT be spending money on more equipment!!! :mrgreen: I'll definitely have to sell some stuff if I want to fund a Thunderverb!
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:12 am

I have played the 200 and was Floored! The 50 has got to be awesome as well.
:shock:
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------