Tiny Terror vs. JCM800

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Nork
Orange Master

Re: Tiny Terror vs. JCM800

Post by Nork » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:32 pm

massivecoiler wrote:It's a 50 watt. In fairness to the TT, I noticed that I'm standing in front of the orange alot of the time and the sound changes as I move around. I don't think the clip accurately captures some of the tone of the TT... The combo by itself on a nice stage sounds stellar. I have a Boogie 50 cal as well maybe when it gets warm outside (I'm in Canada so the garage is off limits for noodling this time of year) there will be a 3 way shootout!
that'd be sweet, ya. i think if you tried to get the same tone outta both amps, the 800 would have beat the TT outta the water for some things, but i love the TT for it's fullness and just basic tone. also - both cabs have different speakers in'em, so not all was fair...

...but both combos sounded great and were well matched. so maybe i just don't know what i'm talking about. looking forward to both drive by belching 3: the burp with follow through and the Boogie shootout.
--Nick

Parker Nitefly SA -> TC PolyTune -> OLER Box ->Timmy -> MP SHOD -> Eventide TimeFactor/e3 -> Orange TT -> Avatar 112 (Weber 1225)