This year's MVP

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Sooner
Orange Master

Re: This year's MVP

Post by Sooner » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:31 pm

blackcloud45 wrote:I have to say, I agree. A tally-whacker is indeed an indispensable piece of gear...
Wouldn't want to leave home without it. That's for sure! :shock:
Sooner
AD1512 Serial No. 001

Nork
Orange Master

Post by Nork » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Sooner wrote:
blackcloud45 wrote:I have to say, I agree. A tally-whacker is indeed an indispensable piece of gear...
Wouldn't want to leave home without it. That's for sure! :shock:
the mental picture of leaving home without it is terrifying....
--Nick

Parker Nitefly SA -> TC PolyTune -> OLER Box ->Timmy -> MP SHOD -> Eventide TimeFactor/e3 -> Orange TT -> Avatar 112 (Weber 1225)

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:24 am

Just to throw an anonymous MVP out there, one of our forum members helped me immensely in trouble shooting my TT when I was putting the Mercury Magnetics transformers/mod in.

He was a huge help and took private time to answer emails and check schematics for me.

For that I am very thankful so you, sir, are my Orange forum MVP for 2009.
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sooner
Orange Master

Post by Sooner » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:37 am

Thinline_slim wrote:Just to throw an anonymous MVP out there, one of our forum members helped me immensely in trouble shooting my TT when I was putting the Mercury Magnetics transformers/mod in.

He was a huge help and took private time to answer emails and check schematics for me.

Is this an anonymous nomination or something? :?
Sooner
AD1512 Serial No. 001

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:47 am

Sooner wrote:
Thinline_slim wrote:Just to throw an anonymous MVP out there, one of our forum members helped me immensely in trouble shooting my TT when I was putting the Mercury Magnetics transformers/mod in.

Obviously it can't be an anonymous nomination since you can see not only my username but my actual name in my sig. :lol:

The reason I wanted to keep my MVP anonymous is because I didn't want to indirectly volunteer anyone for a flood of technical PM messages. He know who he is and I just wanted to thank him again if he reads this.
Jake
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blacklight_uk
Orange Master

Post by blacklight_uk » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:03 am

I tend to swing by every so often these days but I used to hang out here a lot. Every time I come back it's the same guys giving such good advice and keeping the forum a nice place to visit. You all know who you are :wink:

I think Brian and Blackcloud45 deserve a mention here, and I'd like to thank Bob (Borderline Productions) and Corky for their help early this year when I asked some questions about recording.

Oh and of course this forum wouldn't be the same without Sooner :P

Happy new year everyone :)

P.S. Shame about Clay and Corky, anybody been in touch with either of them?
Josh

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:04 am

Thinline_slim wrote:
Sooner wrote:

Obviously it can't be an anonymous nomination since you can see not only my username but my actual name in my sig. :lol:

The reason I wanted to keep my MVP anonymous is because I didn't want to indirectly volunteer anyone for a flood of technical PM messages. He know who he is and I just wanted to thank him again if he reads this.
I'm sure he's a cool dude then and wouldn't mind people asking him questions and what not. Helping brings its own rewards after all. :)

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Neiloler wrote:I'm sure he's a cool dude then and wouldn't mind people asking him questions and what not. Helping brings its own rewards after all. :)
:wink:
Jake
"One of the 400"

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:02 pm

blacklight_uk wrote:I tend to swing by every so often these days but I used to hang out here a lot. Every time I come back it's the same guys giving such good advice and keeping the forum a nice place to visit. You all know who you are :wink:

I think Brian and Blackcloud45 deserve a mention here, and I'd like to thank Bob (Borderline Productions) and Corky for their help early this year when I asked some questions about recording.

Oh and of course this forum wouldn't be the same without Sooner :P

Happy new year everyone :)

P.S. Shame about Clay and Corky, anybody been in touch with either of them?
Thanks Josh (although I'm not sure I deserve it :wink: )!

I'm still in touch w/ Clay and Corky on another forum. Those guys, along w/ Bob and especially Brian (very nice guy, that one) are invaluable...

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sooner
Orange Master

Post by Sooner » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:52 pm

blacklight_uk wrote: Oh and of course this forum wouldn't be the same without Sooner :P
For better or for worse... :lol:
Sooner
AD1512 Serial No. 001

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:12 pm

Neiloler wrote:
I'm sure he's a cool dude then and wouldn't mind people asking him questions and what not. Helping brings its own rewards after all. :)
Come to think of it, I've never seen shy, retiring Neil Oler and the mysterious techie superhero Olerman in the same room... could it be?!? :lol:
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

Nork
Orange Master

Post by Nork » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:54 pm

Le Chat Noir wrote:
Neiloler wrote:
Come to think of it, I've never seen shy, retiring Neil Oler and the mysterious techie superhero Olerman in the same room... could it be?!? :lol:
i think we have a winner.

ya - blackcloud and brian are great. Bob (borderline producitions) have also helped me out (inadvertently) with some of the stuff they told you.

let's face it...y'all rock.
--Nick

Parker Nitefly SA -> TC PolyTune -> OLER Box ->Timmy -> MP SHOD -> Eventide TimeFactor/e3 -> Orange TT -> Avatar 112 (Weber 1225)

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 pm

MVP = Orange forum!

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:01 am

Okay guys. You can all stop naming other people to look clever when the obvious choice is me. I admit it. I deserve the award. I gladly accept all your praise and worship. I will continue to do my best to, uh, yeah - what the hell is it I do bring to this place? 6K+ posts an I've done what? Oh yeah - moral guidance. No problem. Stop with the thank yous and the fruit baskets. You're all very welcome. I will continue to help with all your Orange amp inquires, even while sheilding my eyes from the glow of the MVP trophy! :wink:

(Now, where is Neil's hotline # again? Damn! Had it here a second ago!)
Greg

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:25 pm

Norrin Radd wrote:Okay guys. You can all stop naming other people to look clever when the obvious choice is me. I admit it. I deserve the award. I gladly accept all your praise and worship. I will continue to do my best to, uh, yeah - what the hell is it I do bring to this place? 6K+ posts an I've done what? Oh yeah - moral guidance. No problem. Stop with the thank yous and the fruit baskets. You're all very welcome. I will continue to help with all your Orange amp inquires, even while sheilding my eyes from the glow of the MVP trophy! :wink:

(Now, where is Neil's hotline # again? Damn! Had it here a second ago!)
Haha, the hotline number, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Yes, it's Greg. :)