frusciante left the peppers

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Bensen
Orange Master

frusciante left the peppers

Post by Bensen » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:36 am

In his website he explains that his musical interest have changed and so he left the band a year ago:
http://johnfrusciante.com/

Hope we got to hear new inspiring stuff from him and hope that drugs don't play a role this time. He's one of my favourite musicians and one of the few rare guitarists that would invent themselves new on every record and still are recognised in the first few seconds of a song

Mono
Orange Expert

Re: frusciante left the peppers

Post by Mono » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:11 am

Hmmm.
Strange news, don't know whether it is good or bad.
John is, IMHO, a very talented musician and songwriter - hope he isn't calling a day to his musical career.

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:55 am

John is amazing, i heard this news yesterday, maybe hes gonna do more solo stuff. kinda strange to hear this news yesterday as i had his very rare "Smile From The Streets You Hold" CD in my hand the day before. i just found it while going threw some old boxes of stuff. amazing CD btw.

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:04 am

I personally think they could do better (the chillis)....John F. just rips off Jimi Hendrix cliches and cheeses them up a bit. They could get rid of the baboon that sings for them while they're at it. :lol:

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:10 am

Wendigo wrote:I personally think they could do better (the chillis)....John F. just rips off Jimi Hendrix cliches and cheeses them up a bit. They could get rid of the baboon that sings for them while they're at it. :lol:
Uh OH, your bashing, this could lead to deletion :roll:

LOL :lol:

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:28 pm

Nobody plays Hendrix like Frusciante. I loved Blood Sugar Sex Magic. Some of the best strat tones ever committed to recording. While I liked some of the songs on Californication (the album where I stopped following them), I found the riffs to be repetitive and even somewhat annoying. I also really liked Navarro on One Hot Minute. A lot of very cool stuff there although I read it was hard for them to find a musical meeting point and thus difficult to make that album.

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nmendoza
Tiny Terror

Post by nmendoza » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Wendigo wrote:I personally think they could do better (the chillis)....

I don't know, I don't think they've been relevant for about a decade... they probably shouldn't set their sights too high.

bfitz
Orange Expert

Post by bfitz » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:41 pm

blackcloud45 wrote: I loved Blood Sugar Sex Magic. Some of the best strat tones ever committed to recording.
- i hear that man its like he was possessed by the strat and his marshall amp and just lashed out these amazing sounds, solo for mellowship slinky one of the best one take solo's ever :)

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Fender CIJ Pink Paisley Tele
Fender Classic Player Strat 50s
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr

jangle
Orange Hero

Post by jangle » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:05 pm

I always liked JF more than RHCP in general but both usually left me a bit cold.

Once Kiedis and especially Flea became a generic punk/funk double act to be photographed at Hollywood events and used as a catch-all reference to wild n crazy white boys it all got old very quick.

Bensen
Orange Master

Post by Bensen » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:21 pm

So little love for the RHCP and frusciante really surprises me. I thought they were one of the few really inventive rockbands of the last 20 years (next to ratm and nirvana maybe).

I also like BSSM most, but I love the other albums too. They are all very unique instead of endless repeat. Also Frusciantes guitarplaying is instandly recognisable and even if you don`t like it, you must admit that there are not that many recognisable guitarists out there

Deacon Blues
Orange Master

Post by Deacon Blues » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:49 pm

I also really liked Navarro on One Hot Minute.

me too! i like navarros work on that album more than any of his jane's stuff. i like it just as much as BSSM.

John is a really talented guy, i hope he stays away from the dope
My name is Alex. I used to have an AD30HTC, but now I have an RV50 and PPC212.

billyp77
Rocker

Post by billyp77 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:00 pm

john is amazing and yeah i hope he does stay away form the dope. although some of the latest peppers stuff i dont care for, the earlier stuff with hillel and john up to when he left the first time has some great guitar work. i have a few bootleg vids of john on the mothers milk tour when he was a youngster and he plays his ass off

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:14 am

blackcloud45 wrote:Nobody plays Hendrix like Frusciante.
Yeah that's the thing...he's not actually playing hendrix, but you would think so by the sheer number of cliches he whaps out per minute...

Ace
Tiny Terror

Post by Ace » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:07 am

nmendoza wrote:

I don't know, I don't think they've been relevant for about a decade... they probably shouldn't set their sights too high.
Sights too high... All they need is another song about california and its money in the bank for them :lol:

nmendoza
Tiny Terror

Post by nmendoza » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:18 pm

Ace wrote:
nmendoza wrote:

Sights too high... All they need is another song about california and its money in the bank for them :lol:
That's the thing, I liked some of their earlier stuff, but around the turn of the century (ha) they started recording the same song 12x for each album and it got a little old. Wish they would've quit while they were ahead.