FAO UK based forum members - guitar guitar

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

greyvents
Orange Expert

FAO UK based forum members - guitar guitar

Post by greyvents » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:26 am

Hi guys,

was wondering if anyone has ordered from http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If so, how did you find them?

Thanks in advance.
Mark

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster
Fender Classic Player 50s Strat
Orange TT, PPC 112
Cornford Roadhouse 30 Combo

Musicman20
Orange Hero

Re: FAO UK based forum members - guitar guitar

Post by Musicman20 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:18 pm

They are very good at answering emails and have been excellent with the one item I bought from them...which was a boutique Tecamp M212 4 Ohm bass cabinet, (they bought out the UK dealers stock range as I think they were in financial difficulty). It was a very low price, and it was as described, not a display item, still in original box with packaging and instructions.

I suggest you email them, haggle a price, and then make sure, if its not a one off like a custom Fender, that its a brand new unused and unopened item.

I am not ever happy with buying display stock, unless I know its barely been used or its discounted. Needs to be in perfect condition no matter what.

Great delivery and they do have a proper returns policy if you don't like it.

I would happily use them again. Their store in Newcastle has a lot of amazing high end basses/guitars/amps/cabs etc.
Bass: Orange AD200b Mk3 - Orange OBC410 - Orange OBC115

Guitar: Orange Dual Terror - Orange PPC212 Closed Back (Ltd Edition 2009 White)

Mono
Orange Expert

Post by Mono » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:22 pm

What he said

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:26 pm

Dunno about them, But ti have ordered my LP online/phone (kept bugging them, I was so anxious!!!) from GAK in brighton, and it's the best LP i have ever played.

And it's a beauty, I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:57 pm

I've been into their Edinburgh store a couple of times. I was fairly impressed by their stock and by the guys I talked to there who were helpful and seemed to pretty much know what they were talking about. That was a couple of years back though and I have never ordered anything through them.

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

ESBlonde
Orange Master

Post by ESBlonde » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:16 pm

Bought a 'spensive Gibby from the newcastle shop by mail order (with returns policy in place) a couple of years ago.

Delivery and service were unquestionable.

Never used them before or since.
Here we go; three, four...

malonius
Tiny Terror

Post by malonius » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:38 pm

I have been in both the Newcastle and the Glasgow shops. The company policy must be to hold huge stock levels... They have a lot to choose from, from beginner's guitars upwards, but they even have a large stock of boutique amps - bogner, mesa, 65amps etc... and boutique effects - zvex, fulltone etc...
They have a large selection of custom shop guitars & high-end manufacturers such as Suhr, Tom Anderson, James Tyler, Nick Hubert, Lowden as well as the high-end Gibsons and Fenders...

They do a very small amount of pre-owned stuff as well, but this is normally gear that is in excellent condition. No sign of sloppy trade-ins...!

The thing about a large amount of stock is the customer can try a lot of products out...

The service has always been good. A mate had a problem with a Rickenbacker he got from there. The waiting list for one of those is long, but since it was a paint problem and therefore a manufacturing defect, they liaised with the main distributor and got him a new replacement very quickly.

The service has always been good - I bought an ES339 from there and a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 as well as a pre-owned Telecaster and they were spot on. Recommended, but I have not used their web-based facilities. There are other sites that seem cheaper though for some mainstream gear, but those sites don't appear to have the range of choice and high end equipment that GG offer....
Malonius

Fender Jeff Beck Strat, Fender Clapton Strat, Fender Telecaster, Gibson ES339, Telecaster Custom
Orange Rockerverb 50, Mesa Express 5 50, Orange PPC212-OB Marshall 1936 cab

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:00 pm

Friend of mine used them to get an acoustic. He was very happy with the service they gave.

They do have a lot of nice stuff at fairly decent prices. As ever, don't forget to see if you can find what you want cheaper elsewhere and haggle them down.

Don't think i've heard anything bad about them...
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

greyvents
Orange Expert

Post by greyvents » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:33 pm

thanks for that guys - i feel a bit more reassured. will email them.
Mark

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster
Fender Classic Player 50s Strat
Orange TT, PPC 112
Cornford Roadhouse 30 Combo

blenk
Rocker

Post by blenk » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:24 pm

ive never made a purchase from the stores or online but they seem very helpful when e-mailing them, also they have some great deals on atm
blenk
Orange Dual Terror + PPC112
Cheap Modded Strat