orange boogie

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

clamtronic

Post by clamtronic » Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:42 pm

hay guitar people.
has anyone ever heard or played on an orange 4*12 cab with a mesa boogie duel or triple rectifier as the amp.
i really want to try this set up, and i would love to hear your feed back.
peace

p munkey
p munkey

ecto coolest
Rocker

Post by ecto coolest » Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:17 pm

you are joking right?
1971 OR120 (Plexi Panel, Big Pix Only)
1994 Fender Jaguar (Seymour Duncan Humbuckers, Gibson Nashville Bridge)
2002 PPC412 (British V30s)

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:17 pm

really..... what you really ought to do is try an Orange AD140TC through a Boogie cab. And then through an Orange cab and you'll leave your boyhood behind and become a true man! Seriously, IMHO Oranges blow Boogie out of the water. Billy

clamtronic

Post by clamtronic » Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:22 am

look you mincers, there is know need to fall up your own stupid ass's
why dont you get you orange amps and shove them in to a small childs anus,
but im shaw you all do that anyway because the only thing you fucks can play is stair way to freaking heaven.
p.s i saw you mom in the bus station toilets touting for business,

p munkey
p munkey

Meole
Orange Master

Post by Meole » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>look you mincers, there is know need to fall up your own stupid ass's why dont you get you orange amps and shove them in to a small childs anus, but im shaw you all do that anyway because the only thing you ****s can play is stair way to ****ing heaven.
p.s i saw you mom in the bus station toilets touting for business,

p munkey <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

?

clamtronic

Post by clamtronic » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:34 pm

ha ha your Canadian ha ha thats so funny the only god thing about Canada is the women, well when i saw women i mean your mom, she so fat that she cant get out of the gum clinic.

p munkey
p munkey

ecto coolest
Rocker

Post by ecto coolest » Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:36 pm

yep, he is joking.
1971 OR120 (Plexi Panel, Big Pix Only)
1994 Fender Jaguar (Seymour Duncan Humbuckers, Gibson Nashville Bridge)
2002 PPC412 (British V30s)

Davis
Tiny Terror

Post by Davis » Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:53 pm

Hmmmmm.........I'm very disappointed to see that the 8 to 10 year old "chat room" has surfaced on this Orange amp site. Since he can't read this, I'll send him something he can read......
" hay dood, go sum wear else to doo yoor foul talkin'. Wee don"t wont yoo hear. I'm shur yoo can reed this. by by."

I think if we ignore him, he'll go away.

clamtronic

Post by clamtronic » Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:24 am

KILL YOURSELF BUT NOT BEFORE YOUR CHILD GETS HIT BY A TRAIN, AN ORANGE TRAIN

p munkey
p munkey

orange owner
Tiny Terror

Post by orange owner » Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:41 am

Someone needs to find this guy and staple his testicles together.

The power of the riff compels me.
MODEL-OR 120

Jay_Starr

Post by Jay_Starr » Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:17 am

Wow, I'm only 20 but I find myself saying "Stupid kids!". I mean when I left high school is this what became of it all? Listen Clamtronic... I'm not trying to 'diss' you or anything bro, but really, we are all alduts here, this is not the harmony-central board. We (and recently myself) have all come to appreciate Orange amps. What the guys were saying was that Mesa Triple-Rectifiers really are amps that young teenage boys who enjoy Linkin-Park and such...music, are fans of. Anyone who is considering an Orange knows guitar, and knows tone. These amps will not give you big thick un-controllable distortion. these amps will control every nuance of your picking style and when your playing pwer chords if you make a mistake, the audience *will* hear it. Mesa are just thick distortion that covers the awful playing of today's modern bands. want to hear real distortion from a band I'm sure you heard of? "The White Stripes" great tone, great music. just relax pal.. apologize and we'll all be alright.

Edited by - Jay_Starr on 27 Apr 2003 03:23:02

orange owner
Tiny Terror

Post by orange owner » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:12 am

Amen brother!

The power of the riff compels me.
MODEL-OR 120

Davis
Tiny Terror

Post by Davis » Tue May 13, 2003 5:37 pm

Is it safe to come out again?

Pacomc

Post by Pacomc » Thu May 15, 2003 4:11 pm

Clamtronic, I haven't read most of the post so Im unsure if your are running an orange in to a Boogie or a Boogie into an Orange.

Either way you are dealing with an excellent amp for any one to say otherwise is a joke. Boogies are different but they are still excellent.

My advice is to check the ohms on the Cab and make sure it's ok with your head. My orange has 16 OHM out's so I cant use the 8 OHM boogie cabs. But if your boogie is 8 OHM's it should be fine with the 16 OHM Oranges and the Orange may be switchable for 8 or 16 Im unsure. Personally I think the Orange Cabs are Warmer where as the Boogie cabs are a little less midrangy with emphasis on bass and treble.

Good luck.

I wanna dip my balls in it!!!!

peter6toy
Orange Expert

Post by peter6toy » Fri May 16, 2003 10:12 am

Nice chat's over here ... ahum ...

I just want to say that a friend of me uses a Marshall 6100 head trough a new (november 2002) ORANGE, and that cabinet has TONE. The difference with a Marshall cabinet is pretty huge. The Orange Cab has mutch more 'tone', and as the result of that the marshall head "trilled" or "shaked" till the input was loose. There is a lot more "response", and I think that therefor the ORANGE is placed on "bars" instead of weels. Maybe a mistake of my friend, but he modified the Orange Cab and placed some weels underneath the bars. (handy when touring and stuff) But I think due those wheels, the "response", the "bass" is not enough guided to the foor (or stage), and as a result the head shaked till the input broke down.

maybe for a whole new topic, "bass-response in orange cab make marshall brake down", but do any of you guys had this problem ?
You can check my friends band on http://www.fivedaysoff.com

peter
- ORANGE AD200 BASS #083MK2 -

www.sixtoys.be
peter
AD200B-MKII (#083/090) / OBC810 (199x) / OBC410 (2006) / OD120 (1976) / ORANGE 'TOASTER' Micro-amp