Hey everyone!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Sty1es

Post by Sty1es » Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:42 pm

Hey everyone, I will soon be getting a AD140TC head, so I figured I'd sign up for this forum (I'm already a member at Harmony Central). What Orange amps are you guys running? What are your favorite speakers, and tubes for the amps? Care to share pics and settings?

cyclops620

Post by cyclops620 » Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:45 pm

I just received my Orange AD30 head in the mail last week. So far I'm really impressed. I have not played live with it yet, but that will be the true test. I using a 2 x 12 cab (not Orange) with Greenbacks in it.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:18 pm

You're gonna love that head. I have one too, as well as a pair of OR80's, and a AD30TC combo. The 140 is the best though- I run it fairly close to all out but knocked down with a Marshall speaker emulator between the head and cab. What incredible tone! Billy

Sty1es

Post by Sty1es » Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:27 pm

You mean the SE-whatchamatcallit? As far as I remember, it's a 2-space attenuator that doubles as a speaker emulator. I hear great things about them...

I'm really looking forward to this Orange. I played the AD30TC head at a local store and was pretty impressed. Once I get the Orange, I'm gonna compare it extensively to my Marshall JMP head. I gotta decide which one to keep :)

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:13 am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
You mean the SE-whatchamatcallit? As far as I remember, it's a 2-space attenuator that doubles as a speaker emulator. I hear great things about them...

I'm really looking forward to this Orange. I played the AD30TC head at a local store and was pretty impressed. Once I get the Orange, I'm gonna compare it extensively to my Marshall JMP head. I gotta decide which one to keep :)

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Yeah, it's the SE100- thing is great although discontinued and difficult to find. Very versatile- you can knock 6, 12, or 18 db off of your volume. Plus it provides a realistic emulated out to go direct into board or recording console. Very very cool...

Start writing the ad for the Marshall head now.... :)