OD pedal...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

dyl824

OD pedal...

Post by dyl824 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:48 am

I have a Boss Super overdrive on my board now with a blues driver which i use to just barely break up my signal. No complaints on my BD-2 but my OD seems to be a little to muddy for my taste. I want a fat, warm sounding OD that pairs up nicely with my BD. I have looked at the ts808, visual sound route 66 and route 808/ V2 version, and their new open road pedal. I dont have any where nearby to try any of these out so im going on advice. I want to shoot for an "edison glass" type sound, i just dont want one that gets to trebley. Also i have a 90's blues deluxe on the way just incase some pedals sound better with fender than others. Thanks!
Gibson Les Paul
Fender 52' RI Telecaster
90's Fender Blues Deluxe
212 Orange Cab
PS-45: EHX Soul Preacher, TU-2, SD-1, BD-2, Line 6 DL-4, DE7, TR-2, FDR-1

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Re: OD pedal...

Post by Neiloler » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:00 am

I'd recommend the danelectro Cool Cat Drive. It gets some nice and growly of tones, an it's $25. You can't beat it.

dyl824

Post by dyl824 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:17 am

Neiloler wrote:I'd recommend the danelectro Cool Cat Drive. It gets some nice and growly of tones, an it's $25. You can't beat it.
cool ill definately check it out, beats spending $150+ hah

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:56 pm

dyl824 wrote:
Neiloler wrote:I'd recommend the danelectro Cool Cat Drive. It gets some nice and growly of tones, an it's $25. You can't beat it.
cool ill definately check it out, beats spending $150+ hah
Totally. If you don't dig it or it's not quite what you're looking for, well, you're not out a ton, or you could just return it. I don't use it all the time, but it honestly is a great little pedal for boosting, OD, or some medium distortion, and it's cheap.

kittenface
Orange Master

Post by kittenface » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:01 pm

at a little more $$$, my latest flavor of the month is the ZVEX Box of Rock

Armchair Bronco
Orange Hero

Post by Armchair Bronco » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:09 pm

If you like your Blues Driver, you should also check out a DS-1.

Frankly, I *LIKE* my DS-1. A LOT! Don't know what all the hate is about. I think it's a great pedal.

kittenface
Orange Master

Post by kittenface » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:13 pm

it's not so much hate as 'boutique' snobbery

the whore gear media wants us to drop a minimum of $200 on a pedal

flea
Orange Master

Post by flea » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:16 pm

kittenface wrote:at a little more $$$, my latest flavor of the month is the ZVEX Box of Rock
+1

I love my BOR!

spectre
Tiny Terror

Post by spectre » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:09 pm

Armchair Bronco wrote:If you like your Blues Driver, you should also check out a DS-1.

Frankly, I *LIKE* my DS-1. A LOT! Don't know what all the hate is about. I think it's a great pedal.

I second that! Fantastic pedal...... The Keeley Modded one works wonders for me....... Sure it costs an arm and a leg..... but 'hey', I can't put a cost on tone. :wink:
_________________________**Spectre**_________________________

dyl824

Post by dyl824 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:37 pm

Armchair Bronco wrote:If you like your Blues Driver, you should also check out a DS-1.

i agree it is a great pedal, but its a little to raw for what i need, also im trying to get away from boss. I have alot of them already and they tend to color my sound all ran together.
spectre wrote:

I second that! Fantastic pedal...... The Keeley Modded one works wonders for me....... Sure it costs an arm and a leg..... but 'hey', I can't put a cost on tone. :wink:
keeley truly is amazing. im hoping to send in my BD to him soon.

flea
Orange Master

Post by flea » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:47 pm

dyl824 wrote:

i agree it is a great pedal, but its a little to raw for what i need, also im trying to get away from boss. I have alot of them already and they tend to color my sound all ran together.
spectre wrote:

keeley truly is amazing. im hoping to send in my BD to him soon.
One of my buddies had his ts9 and his boss distortion(whichever one is the orange one) recently. I really liked the ts9, made it sound more like a cranked amp. I still didn't care for the Boss, though. Was still fizzy to me.

spectre
Tiny Terror

Post by spectre » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:08 pm

flea wrote:One of my buddies had his ts9 and his boss distortion(whichever one is the orange one) recently. I really liked the ts9, made it sound more like a cranked amp. I still didn't care for the Boss, though. Was still fizzy to me.
What I do is run my Keeley TS9 after my DS1, takes away all the harshness of the DS1 and adds a sweet harmonic quality to the sound..... May not be great for everyone but it works well for me.
_________________________**Spectre**_________________________

flea
Orange Master

Post by flea » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:12 pm

I didn't get a chance to play them first-hand, and don't remember his pedal chain order. I'm just going with hearing it while playing with him. I'll keep that in mind though, and may suggest that to him, as he just sets his pedals up however and doesn't have a clue. I have to constantly tell him delay goes last lol.

Nork
Orange Master

Post by Nork » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:39 pm

flea wrote:
kittenface wrote:at a little more $$$, my latest flavor of the month is the ZVEX Box of Rock
+1

I love my BOR!
+1 again here. and you're getting 2 pedals in 1 sorta with that one.
--Nick

Parker Nitefly SA -> TC PolyTune -> OLER Box ->Timmy -> MP SHOD -> Eventide TimeFactor/e3 -> Orange TT -> Avatar 112 (Weber 1225)

dyl824

Post by dyl824 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:27 am

have any of yall had dealings with the Digitech Hardwire CM-2? last time i looked they were new but they appear to be getting good reviews now.