guitar stool

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

guitar stool

Post by Mrjones2004x » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:51 am

Looking to get a guitar stool. Where in the uk can i get them. I'll be honest i like the look of the feder and gibson standard looking stools with the round top and chrome legs.

Can get fender ones from a couple of places in the uk but really fancy a gibson one.

Any ideas? Do they do orange ones?

Cheers
Tone is everything

paul watts
Orange Master

Re: guitar stool

Post by paul watts » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:58 am

Mrjones2004x wrote:Looking to get a guitar stool. Where in the uk can i get them. I'll be honest i like the look of the feder and gibson standard looking stools with the round top and chrome legs.

Can get fender ones from a couple of places in the uk but really fancy a gibson one.

Cheers
If you're not bothered about brand, these are good, I collected mine, and it wasn't too expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Farleys-Stageplay ... 35a4511a6d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kittenface
Orange Master

Post by kittenface » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:14 pm

that's pretty cool with the built-in stand - I never sit at a show - hardly ever at practice, either

if I have to, any stool works (bar, kitchen, etc) - spending $$ on a dedicated stool seems dumb to me

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:32 pm

that is nifty, how it hold the guitar...

i hardy sit down at practice too, but this my guitar chair. and to boot, its Orange :wink:

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:47 pm

I dont play shows and i practice sitting on the bed normally and i find the les paul is a nightmare cos the cable keeps catching on the bed and it damages it in the end. Dont wanna spend a fortune but be nice to have.

Ive already got loads of stands so a stool come stand isnt really needed but its a cool idea. Have seen some nice one whilst lokking today. Just normal bar stools with a bands logo on the top like ACDC and guns and roses. I like the guns and roses one but only available in the U.S so far :(

Might get the queen one for £35 which is a good price i think.
Tone is everything

kittenface
Orange Master

Post by kittenface » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:21 pm

Taronja wrote:that is nifty, how it hold the guitar...

i hardy sit down at practice too, but this my guitar chair. and to boot, its Orange :wink:

Jon

that's perfect

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:22 pm

My ha'penny's worth...

Practise how you'll play, else it'll feel weird. If you gig standing up, then stand up to practise. I rarely sit down when i'm practising these days. To be fair, it's usually as i'm singing too.
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

kittenface
Orange Master

Post by kittenface » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:23 pm

Mrjones2004x wrote:I dont play shows and i practice sitting on the bed normally and i find the les paul is a nightmare cos the cable keeps catching on the bed and it damages it in the end. Dont wanna spend a fortune but be nice to have.

Ive already got loads of stands so a stool come stand isnt really needed but its a cool idea. Have seen some nice one whilst lokking today. Just normal bar stools with a bands logo on the top like ACDC and guns and roses. I like the guns and roses one but only available in the U.S so far :(

Might get the queen one for £35 which is a good price i think.

get a cable with a right angle to go into your guitar - presto! no mo' broken jacks!

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Well that is a better idea but my mum wants something nice to buy me for christmas so i thought a stool would be handy?

I like this one

http://www.astramusic.co.uk/queen-bar-stool-3120-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can ask her to buy a Gibson one as they sell them in my local shop for £80!
Tone is everything

Tango
Orange Master

Post by Tango » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:40 pm

Got my Gibson one from the Music Live show at the NEC in brum.
Was about £40 from the Rosetti stand (when they still distributed Gibson stuff). It's on the 7th Nov this year, might be worth a look.
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:22 pm

Maybe you could ask a distributor to send you some stool samples.

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:34 pm

Every time Yngwie Malmsteen hits the crapper, or plays, it's a guitar stool. :lol:

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:21 am

...or a ToadStool.
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:35 am

paul watts wrote:
Mrjones2004x wrote:Looking to get a guitar stool. Where in the uk can i get them. I'll be honest i like the look of the feder and gibson standard looking stools with the round top and chrome legs.

Cheers
If you're not bothered about brand, these are good, I collected mine, and it wasn't too expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Farleys-Stageplay ... 35a4511a6d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's pretty cool...

the guys in my former acoustic band (major league falling out) gave me this ridiculous chair/ stool for playing- doesn't fold up and they paid some thing like $100+ for it!

scroll down and you'll see a listing for a used one at $123
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ ... 932+202908" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:14 am

Tango wrote:Got my Gibson one from the Music Live show at the NEC in brum.
Was about £40 from the Rosetti stand (when they still distributed Gibson stuff). It's on the 7th Nov this year, might be worth a look.
Thanks for the heads up on the show gonna check it out and me and my buddy might go. Gonna find out about tickets ect
Tone is everything