Who's in bands?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

diness
Rocker

Post by diness » Wed May 25, 2005 6:45 am

Hey, I figured it'd be cool to see who's in bands and whatnot. What status are ya'll at. Established band with website and everything... Decent band, New band just starting, Looking to start a band, looking to be in a band, wished you were in a band, or no need for a band, just like jamming by yourself.

Myself, I would love to be in one if the opportunity came along, but I'm not looking to start anything. I've never been a good lyric-writer. Also, I'd be really picky about the band, I dont' want to be in a crappy band... haha. Anyway, if ya got websites or clips post em up!!

Tony

nickson

Post by nickson » Wed May 25, 2005 7:47 am

I'm in a three-piece rockband called Altea. We're actually recording our first demo tomorrow so check www.alteamusic.tk on saturday or sunday for soundclips.

We're just starting up and we're trying to get as many gigs as we possibly can this summer. Anyone in Stockholm, Sweden that can get us gigs? ;)
"Don't get ****ty jobs, get instruments"

http://www.alteamusic.com

macahan
Orange Master

Post by macahan » Wed May 25, 2005 7:59 am

I'm in a band called moa::
We've been playing since -95 [:0] and we are found at:
Http://www.moa.nu

We have released a total of 8 demo's and 1 EP-single and another on the way.

and this is us:

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed May 25, 2005 9:13 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by macahan</i>
<br />I'm in a band called moa::
We've been playing since -95 [:0] and we are found at:
Http://www.moa.nu

We have released a total of 8 demo's and 1 EP-single and another on the way.

and this is us:

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

More pictures of the girl in the back please!
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

macahan
Orange Master

Post by macahan » Wed May 25, 2005 9:25 am

Somehow guys keep saying the same thing.. i say: come see our shows and hear her sing and see her in real life instead..

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed May 25, 2005 12:08 pm

I'd love to... hell of a ride home though!

I have three bands sort of:

Sheryl Amour- CD 3/4's done, but we're in limbo right now for reasons I can't go into. Longtime members who are curious can contact me thru email. We have been together for 4 or 5 years although Sheryl and I have been playing music together for 10.

The Allens- my cover band that plays about 6-8 times a year. We play songs we like- if the audience likes 'em, great, if not, f'em. From the crowds we get we fortunately seem to have similar tastes with our audience. We've been together 16 years!

Angry Tony and the Homewreckers- my acoustic band. We play almost every Sat. night. Covers mostly, same deal with songs as the Allens. www.angrytony.com

Tango
Orange Master

Post by Tango » Wed May 25, 2005 12:22 pm

I betwenn bands at the mo. Used to be in Melt, rock & pop covers band...we hardly ever agreed on the type of music we should be playing and a huge argument with the singer finished it for me. Now embarking on a 70's punk covers band, Johnny Fontaine & the Punk Rock Explosion...didn't know it would be SO difficult to find a decent punk drummer...sheesshhh.
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed May 25, 2005 12:31 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by macahan</i>
<br />Somehow guys keep saying the same thing.. i say: come see our shows and hear her sing and see her in real life instead..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

funny... by the way- check the date in the bio...

Tango
Orange Master

Post by Tango » Wed May 25, 2005 12:50 pm

Macahan, is the other lady one of your guitarists???
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gaines
Orange Hero

Post by gaines » Wed May 25, 2005 1:19 pm

Dude, that chick in the back is slammin'. gotta love hot sweedish chicks.
F*ck it, buy everything

Magnus Pettersen
Orange Master

Post by Magnus Pettersen » Wed May 25, 2005 1:38 pm

I'm in a trio, and we play a modern and moody style of pink floyd. A lot of effects, and a lot of sound! Would be nice to have an Orange R30 head on stage! I hope it will be produced!

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Wed May 25, 2005 2:44 pm

Hey...somebody actually asking for band spam!

I'm in a 5 piece rock band called Nooner(2 guitars, bass, drums and a singer) Fairly established in Texas and touring regionally. Doing very well...have a full length CD out and in every Target in the US (check the "One Spot" area)....which we did via independant distribution (hence only costing a dollar). We get local radio play and open for regional heavies and some national acts here in Austin. We are touring into Louisana, Oklahoma, Kansas and Colorado later this summer to expand what we are doing to a larger area. It's fun! Still not really making money but we are keeping in the black....and staying drunk! :-)
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€

macahan
Orange Master

Post by macahan » Wed May 25, 2005 3:44 pm

Tango: the girl in front is our guitarrist..the girl in the back.. that's our lead singer..

BC: yeah.. it's really updated don't you think..=P

Tango
Orange Master

Post by Tango » Wed May 25, 2005 4:18 pm

Just out of interest, what guitar & amp does she use?
It's always nice to see another girl guitar player.

bassdrop
Orange Master

Post by bassdrop » Wed May 25, 2005 5:25 pm

Just started a brand new band and I'm so psyched! Actually its turning into 2 totally different bands. The commonality is the amazing guitar player I'm collaborating with. The first band's called the Guthrie Matthews Method and is a power trio format doing rock, reggae, funk, blues, and some hip hop for flavor. The second band is in the process of solidifying and has the same three players as the first but in addition will have two more singers one of which also writes original material. Since Guthrie also has originals of his own we'll be doing both of those plus an eclectic mix of alternative rock from the last 15 years like Queens of The Stone age, Weezer, etc. as well as goofy stuff like Tenacious D. We debuted the Guthrie Matthews Method last Thursday and we tore the freakin' roof off. The place was packed cause it was the final college night of the year and people were jamming out!
mmmmmm drop

Guthrie Matthews Method
http://www.guthriematthews.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Modified Fender Custom Shop Jazz, Warmoth P/J clone,
Orange AD200 MkIII, Barefaced Compact