Need Reverb Suggestion

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:30 am

jizzle123 wrote:the ehx holy grail is the best quality for price in my opinion its a great pedal and relatively
Yeah, its definitely relatively... :P

Agree though, and IMO the HG+ is the best version. More control and sound variety than the basic one, still simple enough to set up easily. I think it is a great little box.
Neiloler wrote:
danbond wrote:The Marshall reflector is good, i really like it. The Boss 65 fender reverb is apparently really good too but apparently the line 6 reverb is awesome despite many negative associations on this board to line 6.
To the amps, yeah, but to the pedals, no way. At least not from this Line 6 Echo Park user, I love my Echo Park pedals. :)

The Line 6 is good for people who like to tweak the sound. That Soul Mate reverb box looks very cool. I bet it's pricey though, no?

Doesn't Danelectro make some fancy-but-cheap reverb pedal?
Most Line 6 gear = Great stuff. Innovative, effective. Wouldn't go for any of their amps myself right enough, but the rest of their gear is great - once you learn to use it.

Yeah, the Dano Spring King is a great thing too. Has a real spring to it too! 8)
http://www.thomann.de/nl/danelectro_dsr1_springking.htm

Must try the Boss / Fender '63 sometime and see how it compares to the real thing. If it is close (which I'd expect!) I'd give it a huge thumbs up. But then the HG+ sounds great even in comparison with my Fender Tank, and is way more versatile too.

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

dyl824

Post by dyl824 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:52 pm

i would definatly say that the Electro Harmonics Holy Grail Plus is the best way to go. I had a boss 65 fender reverb pedal and i thought the little bit of gain and eq on the pedal wouldnt alter my tone when on but it deffinatly did. With the holy grail you can crank some reverb and it does not muddy your tone at all. Best pedal out there!

StratoGio

Post by StratoGio » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:56 am

Hi all, I used Boss RV-5 in a little gig, it works clever, but maybe a bit cold, anyone has Hardwire Rv-7 experience?
have many funny notes! Cheers, StratoGio

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:11 pm

Just to keep things clear, Boss are doing two "'60s Fender" pedals in that new range. The '63 Reverb is a pure reverb emulation, inspired by the Fender reverb tank. (What I was talking about) The '65 Deluxe Reverb is a complete amp emulation, of (surprise surprise) a Deluxe Reverb amp.

I haven't yet tried either, or the '59 Bassman either.

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

BruceJ

Post by BruceJ » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:22 am

I use an analog delay pedal for reverb, an analogman-modified maxon AD9. Works great.
Rocker 30 Combo
AD5 Combo

http://www.youtube.com/gallowspoleband