Keeley Compressor

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

NiallB
Orange Master

Post by NiallB » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:30 pm

Just to update, spoke to Keeley, and my compressor is on it's was to America as I type to be checked out by them!

I'm still gonna get my guitar checked as well, that's always worth doing!
Fender Mexican Telecaster with seymour duncan pickups.
<br />Keeley Compressor:Ernie Ball Volume:Crowther Hotcake:Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive:Ibanez TS-808 Reissue:Boss DM2:Boss DD6
<br />
Orange AD30TC Combo

Gtr_Pkr
Orange Expert

Post by Gtr_Pkr » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:09 pm

Maybe it's a guitar issue? I've got the 4 knob and it works just fine. No more noise than what is normal. Hopefully Keeley will give you some insight. Goodluck!
Lost in the spacey reverb of the Rockerverb.......SOMEBODY GET ME OUTTA HERE!!

dyl824

Post by dyl824 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:38 am

Knuckle Bones wrote:Compressors will add noise...or make noies already there more apparent. It's the nature of the beast.....compress the higher signal and turn up the lower (i.e. noise)
i agree, the nature of compression adds noise. Thats going to be with any comp. Now it could be louder than normal idk, but it is very much so normal to have noise. Plus the addition of single coils doesnt help solve the problem of noise. I would recomend a boss NS-2 or an Electro Harmonix Hum Debbuger (to expand beyond boss which helps your tone) to eliminate that noise. I have a 52' Fender RI Tele and it had the same problem with my EHX Soul Preacher Comp. So i hope that helps :D

EHX Hum Debugger: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod ... sku=150136

Boss NS-2:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod ... sku=151331