Ten Years Gone live, in the basement, me and my son : )

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

AJS19
Orange Expert

Post by AJS19 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:52 am

For a 9 year old that was beastly, and better then any of my friend drummers. Nice playing and singing too. 8)
Please, call me Austin.
My Gear List

niangelo
Orange Expert

Post by niangelo » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:11 am

Awesome! I'm really impressed. I hope I can get my kid into music and play with me... he just turned 3.
G&L Bluesboy Semi-Hollow > Vox Volume > Boss TU-2 > Fulltone Fatboost (v.1) > Keeley Fuzz Head > Fulltone Fulldrive 2 > Boss DD-5 > EHX Pulsar Trem > EHX Holy Grail > Orange AD30HTC > Avatar 2x12

pages plexitone
Orange Master

Post by pages plexitone » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:23 am

My thought is train your kids on an instrument that you need to gig, like drums, keys, bass etc.... :D

-Joe

http://soundclick.com/blackvelvetelvis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Purveyor of permanent hearing loss since 1978

Donnie Osmond
Tiny Terror

Post by Donnie Osmond » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:42 am

Very nice Joe. Kids got chops (as well as Dad, of course).

Teach a kid to play bass or drums AND be a reliable human being- they'll always have a way to make money. Always!

pages plexitone
Orange Master

Post by pages plexitone » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:57 am

Donnie Osmond wrote: Teach a kid to play bass or drums AND be a reliable human being- they'll always have a way to make money. Always!
Thanks man, yeah, you know I believe that too....if you're a good drummer or a good bass player you can always make enough to eat. Guitarists well....we're a dime a dozen! :shock:

-Joe

http://soundclick.com/blackvelvetelvis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

riffmonster
Orange Master

Post by riffmonster » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:24 am

pages plexitone wrote:
Donnie Osmond wrote: Teach a kid to play bass or drums AND be a reliable human being- they'll always have a way to make money. Always!
Thanks man, yeah, you know I believe that too....if you're a good drummer or a good bass player you can always make enough to eat. Guitarists well....we're a dime a dozen! :shock:
True!

My drummer has taught his two lads (about 12/13 now) to play bass and guitar! The one that plays bass apparently is not bad on drums either. They have a band at school, (one of their mates drums) but the hardest for them has been finding a singer.
Mark

dpote

Post by dpote » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:30 pm

Wow, that was fantastic!
I really enjoyed that.

Thanks,
Dave

Borderline Productions
Orange Master

Post by Borderline Productions » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:45 am

I found the best way to find a stable drummer is to sire one. My boys both play drums very well and keep perfect time. How many drummers can do that? Well, you son is one of them.

I thought the best part was watching him wait while you played until he came in. The look on his face was "hurry up Dad!"

Nice recording. Great vocals by the way.
Bob

http://www.purevolume.com/oxymora" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pages plexitone
Orange Master

Post by pages plexitone » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:55 am

Yeah, right on Mark.....I posted an add for a singer once. I know what they mean...

Thanks Dave!

Thanks Bob. I just want the drummer to lay down the groove, throw in a few tasty fills here and there and keep a steady tempo. I have a great drummer for our band now, plus my boy is coming along. Funny you should mention about waiting for dad. His bedroom is right around the corner, and I don't know what to make of this, but usually he goes to his room when we practice Over the Hills and Ten Years Gone and runs to his kit just in time to play his part? Like he has to make a cameo? This summer we played a small party and our drummer couldn't make it. My son mic'd his kit and played 20 songs with us. It was pretty cool

He's got another band too...pretty soon I'll have to schedule time with him!
:roll:

-Joe