OT: Drinking

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:18 pm

CD9266 wrote:Props to all of you guys who are making the right choice.

(had to be careful not to say "cheers" lol)
I wouldn't say it's the right choice...because choice is just that....a choice. I'd say it's OUR choice.

I have nothing wrong with drinking and I'm sure I'll end up waking up with a hangover a time or two again in my life...I just don't like it and will not be doing it as often any more.
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:41 am

Knuckle Bones wrote:
CD9266 wrote:Props to all of you guys who are making the right choice.

(had to be careful not to say "cheers" lol)
I wouldn't say it's the right choice...because choice is just that....a choice. I'd say it's OUR choice.

I have nothing wrong with drinking and I'm sure I'll end up waking up with a hangover a time or two again in my life...I just don't like it and will not be doing it as often any more.
agreed 100%. i don't consider myself a "party animal" but when i do it i DO IT!. i drink beer about once or twice a week but don't get "drunk" but i do get hammered, with all the ad on's about two or three times a year. i really don't like it, but it happens,, well, i guess i love it, till i wake up and start to remember what i did and said :oops: but none the less, a few beers with friends is fun thou. im not quitting anytime soon.

im glad that i can have my booze and a normal life to. as im not at all out of control, not all people are so lucky. i can easily have a few drinks and walk away, i can sit in a bar all night and just have water as i do at my gigs, cause i hate to play drums drunk. some folks i know, just one beer will set of a where-house of fireworks that goes right down to beating his wife before passing out. these folks need the support to quit.

so what you call "right choice" is more about "you" not everyone.

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

TheOrangeJuicer
Orange Master

Post by TheOrangeJuicer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:28 pm

CD9266 wrote:I'm 22, and I only drink occasionally when my friend Seth comes home on leave (he's a Navy psych tech). Honestly, Saturday night, I was trashed... like beyond trashed, and Sunday afternoon at like 1 I had a band practice so I was hungover all day and today I feel fine. I don't drink beer, although we made some homemade beer bongs out of a straw on Friday night and he actually had me "pounding" a few Yuenglings.

I think that a good drink here and there is fine but you absolutely cannot let it get out of control or make it a daily thing like having a beer every night with friends or make it "ritual" like every Friday going to the bar for a few hours after work. That's not good for your health.
You're going on record as saying that having a beer every night is not good for your health?... That's not what pretty much every relevant medical report details. The limit seems to be 2 drinks per day for consistent better health. 3+ drinks shows no benefits statistically as it can have some down sides, mainly due to accidents unless the consumption is greater still. So, I'm all for having a beer or two every day if anyone wishes. It's obviously not a good habit to start for those who have a history of any sort of addiction or for those who have members in their immediate family who do.
-Bill

Orange Amplification full line dealer
http://www.uptownaudio.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.biglickamplification.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:49 pm

I don't care about drinking....I was out last night and got pretty trashed....I'll be 38 in a couple months....Not doing it every day, but like twice a week sometimes. In my defense I bike and swim every day, hangover or not, and I'm a vegetarian, so it helps keep the weight down.

breakfast
Orange Hero

Post by breakfast » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:38 pm

I like having a relaxing beer after work sometimes but I also hit up the bars every once in a while.

It'll be hard to do once school starts in the fall cause I'll have no money between books and amps!

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Yeah, well my motivation is I'm turning 40 this year and I want to be in better shape than a 20 year old.....so far so good. I actually have a "six pack" now....not meaning beer....meaning abs. Fair trade...stop drinking a six pack to get one.

MaxProphet
Orange Master

Post by MaxProphet » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:50 am

why settle for a six pack when you can have a keg?

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:50 pm

:shock:

Even more motivation to not drink right now!