OT: Drinking

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

OT: Drinking

Post by Knuckle Bones » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:42 pm

So I've been on a health kick....eating very correct (with the exception of a brisket now and again) and exercising. Also, haven't been drinking...at all. Last night I decided to have a couple of beers with dinner (a nice grilled chicken burger with hawaiin marinade, grilled pinapple slice, a touch of provolone cheese and a mango salsa on a whole wheat bun). I wasn't even remotely buzzed or anything but I tell you what....I could tell this morning that I had drank the night before. I didn't feel bad but felt different..and not in a good way. I think the bottle and I may be separating due to irreconcilable differences!
Last edited by Knuckle Bones on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€

tony_clifton
Orange Master

Post by tony_clifton » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:45 pm

Well, I can only say I support that!

I have never been a drinker myself. Only in summer I make myself a mojito from time to time. Bought my current bottle o' rum in 2006 so I don't think I use that much :).
I play bass.

fat controller
Orange Expert

Post by fat controller » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:09 pm

Yeah, I'm with you. Doing the same "reevaluation of my well-being" as I approach 40. I find that alcohol is a big factor in weight gain/lack of general health not just because of what it does in particular, but because I find I sleep poorly, eat too much, stay up too late and am unmotivated to exercise.

And that's a problematic realization given that I own a brewery....

If you've got the money, honey I've got the time.

www.myspace.com/thievesonholiday
www.myspace.com/boheme66
www.furthermorebeer.com

zombie youth revolt
Orange Expert

Post by zombie youth revolt » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:13 pm

vodka FTW
ex orange user :
Orange AD30R
Orange Rocker 30H
Orange Tiny Terror

current rig :
ESP LTD EC400VF
Mesa Boogie DC3
T-Rex Mudhoney
Budda Wah

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:27 pm

fat controller wrote:Yeah, I'm with you. Doing the same "reevaluation of my well-being" as I approach 40. I find that alcohol is a big factor in weight gain/lack of general health not just because of what it does in particular, but because I find I sleep poorly, eat too much, stay up too late and am unmotivated to exercise.

And that's a problematic realization given that I own a brewery....
Haha...I'd say that's a significant problem in not drinking!

Don't get me wrong...I'm not opposed to a good beer....I'm just not liking feeling like crap anymore.

PS - I'm pushing 40 too and that's why I'm getting in shape...plus, Facebook has made me realize how out of shape EVERYONE from High School has become...I'm not out of shape by any stretch....just want to be in better.
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€

CD9266
Orange Master

Post by CD9266 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:11 pm

I'm 22, and I only drink occasionally when my friend Seth comes home on leave (he's a Navy psych tech). Honestly, Saturday night, I was trashed... like beyond trashed, and Sunday afternoon at like 1 I had a band practice so I was hungover all day and today I feel fine. I don't drink beer, although we made some homemade beer bongs out of a straw on Friday night and he actually had me "pounding" a few Yuenglings.

I think that a good drink here and there is fine but you absolutely cannot let it get out of control or make it a daily thing like having a beer every night with friends or make it "ritual" like every Friday going to the bar for a few hours after work. That's not good for your health.
http://www.reverbnation.com/coreydiller" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sunset Justice - Now on iTunes!

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:35 pm

EH, give me some Guinness, Jim Beam, cocaine & a pack of cigarettes :shock: and when its all gone ill have a double quarter pounder W/cheese, fries and a coke then finish my last few smoke's and pass out :wink:

and in the morning :cry:

yeah, i gotta healthy my self up ASAP!!!

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:03 pm

I quit drinking because it really began to bother my stomach. Once in a blue moon I'll have a drink and like you said, I feel crappy the next day. Sucks getting old, I don't think I'll do it again...

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OrangeJuicer
Orange Hero

Post by OrangeJuicer » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:12 pm

blackcloud45 wrote:I quit drinking because it really began to bother my stomach. Once in a blue moon I'll have a drink and like you said, I feel crappy the next day. Sucks getting old, I don't think I'll do it again...
Same here !

I drink only occasionally or a bit more once in a blue moon (like that saying), but the day after the booze was flowing is totaly crap.
"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:21 am

"i'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

...tom waits
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/

Ohara
Orange Master

Post by Ohara » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:26 am

Taronja wrote:EH, give me some Guinness, Jim Beam, cocaine & a pack of cigarettes :shock: and when its all gone ill have a double quarter pounder W/cheese, fries and a coke then finish my last few smoke's and pass out :wink:

and in the morning :cry:

yeah, i gotta healthy my self up ASAP!!!

Jon
LMFAO

seriously though I have never been a drinker and could never understand how people could do it night after night. I enjoy the occasional rye and coke with friends, but as soon as that one guy at the party has too much and starts to get obnoxious is when I stop drinking and am ready to go home.
Just call me Ken

proud member #81 of the Tiny Terror Club
proud owner of Rocker 30 combo in white

CD9266
Orange Master

Post by CD9266 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:29 am

Obnoxious people at parties who have had way too much to drink are definitely a party killer. I can honestly say that every "party" (large group of people who drink way too much) has either had the obnoxious bastard who wants to start a fight or the overly emotional (and I laugh at this one cause I've been this guy before...) guy who sits and cries and brings down the party and then says "give me another f***in' shot of Jack..."

I couldn't see living in the bottle day in and day out though. I've read all the stories about it and a lot of rock and rolls most famous alcoholics and I've come to the conclusion that for us normal folks, it's too expensive, and it just kills you.
http://www.reverbnation.com/coreydiller" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

flea
Orange Master

Post by flea » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:25 am

It's been close to a year since I've had a drink. I used to like the taste of rum and coke/lemonade or sprite and vodka, but last year for some reason it just started tasting pretty bad so I quit. I don't have anything against having a drink every now and then, but I think if it's something I can live without and be no worse off, I'm not gonna do it.

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:45 am

i drink red wine... hard not to when you live in a place that makes some of the best in the world

never been a fan of spirits at all,

though for some reason, ever since i got my 1971 LP (the guitar's name is 'Hosannah') i have been craving a canadian club on rocks? i've never even had it before, and i'm convinced that the former owner of this guitar used to drink that
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/

CD9266
Orange Master

Post by CD9266 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:54 am

Props to all of you guys who are making the right choice.

(had to be careful not to say "cheers" lol)