Cord pulled during potential gig...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Wendigo
Orange Master

Cord pulled during potential gig...

Post by Wendigo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:15 am

I come to you now, fully drunk and direct from a degrading situation. We were at a pub and the band had made a break..we have played there before but only unofficially. Me and guy who plays a wicked blues harp. So we ask the guy if I can borrow his git box and my friend will blow the harp on top of it...a blues shuffle in E. He says ok but be careful with the guitar. So we are on stage and just chit chatting about the key and tempo etc...total improv....but would be great. The crowd is getting interested etc and suddenly the lights go down and the PA is off,...and we are ushered out without adieu.......damn. We were so miffed that we just looked at eachother in disbelief and it was generally humiliating, especially considering that we musically destroy the bar owner who had played earlier and was the guy who shut us down. Grrrr...... :evil:

xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx
Orange Master

Post by xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:29 am

im not telling you in any way shape or form to burn his bar down. but what if you were lighting a cigerette and dropped a match on a puddle of gasoline that was trailed into the bathroom that spilled because you accidently bumped into the gas can and it tipped over and caught the whole place on fire. it could happen. accidently of course.
-tim
fender double fat strat through:
TT-->BYOc tri-boost-->avatar 1x12 w/ greenback.
fender deluxe 'verb.

Brutalitarian Supremacy
Rocker

Post by Brutalitarian Supremacy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:17 am

I would take it as a compliment...he obviously felt threatened enough to pull the plug on you...he's not fooling anybody,crowds notice that kinda sh*t...nobody wants to jump on stage after witnessing a band/people that are far superior than their ability to deliver the goods...you should have just laughed in his face in front of the entire bar then announced (very loudly) at what a sub-par musician he was that you cannot blame him for not wanting to take the stage after you...envy is what it's called..you should revel in his humiliation...or just like guy above said, burn his bar down...just make sure he's in it :twisted:
Egoism is the very essence of a noble soul...Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.myspace.com/wearevarulvorden

Nork
Orange Master

Post by Nork » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:06 am

dude. whatever. you're better than him and apparently he knows it.

still ruined what woulda been a great time. where are ya in this great country'o'ours? and what bar should i avoid if I'm in the area?
--Nick

Parker Nitefly SA -> TC PolyTune -> OLER Box ->Timmy -> MP SHOD -> Eventide TimeFactor/e3 -> Orange TT -> Avatar 112 (Weber 1225)

Ohara
Orange Master

Post by Ohara » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:48 am

Jealousy is a bad bad thing, I also would take is a compliment and relish in the fact that he was threatend by your potential performance. It says alot about his character and I am certain the crowd would have picked up on that as well.
Just call me Ken

proud member #81 of the Tiny Terror Club
proud owner of Rocker 30 combo in white

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:40 am

Don't sweat it... it happens, and I don't think you need to get back at him in any way. Music speaks for itself, and what goes around comes around in my experience...
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:46 am

xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx wrote:im not telling you in any way shape or form to burn his bar down. but what if you were lighting a cigerette and dropped a match on a puddle of gasoline that was trailed into the bathroom that spilled because you accidently bumped into the gas can and it tipped over and caught the whole place on fire. it could happen. accidently of course.
Too bad that a cigarette won't ever ignite gasoline. Has never happened and never will. He will have to accidently drop his Zippo lighter instead.. :)
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:38 am

Nork wrote:dude. whatever. you're better than him and apparently he knows it.

still ruined what woulda been a great time. where are ya in this great country'o'ours? and what bar should i avoid if I'm in the area?
I'm actually over in Germany....but the bar owner was SCOTTISH. I'll let that sink in. Ok I have a badass hangover now, going to eat grease and sugar and water. :lol:

Andy H.
Duke of Orange

Post by Andy H. » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:05 pm

Orphin wrote: Too bad that a cigarette won't ever ignite gasoline. Has never happened and never will.
Errr.... what??? Where the '12th letter' did you get that little gem of disinformation from David? There are any number of firemen and burns victims who could tell you differently. (Personlly I've met one kid who was about 12-14 when he and his mate mixed lit ciggies and petrol. He survived with 80% burns, his mate died...)

FYI the likelyhood of a gasoline (petrol) fire mainly has to do with the concentration of the gasoline vapour. Which will have a lot to do with ambient temperature. What happens in a cold winter climate will not be the same as a hot summer one. In hot weather gasoline vapour round the liquid can ignite very easily. It is normal for many countries to vary the fuel mixes from summer to winter as a result.

But anyway surprisingly low concentrations can be explosively flammable, and a lit cigarette is DEFINITELY a potential ignition source! Believing anything different is asking for trouble. :!:

Andy.
Only dimly aware of existence, a dimly existing awareness...

You get a wonderful view from the point of no return.

Andy H.
Duke of Orange

Post by Andy H. » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:11 pm

Bar owners can be real *******s sometimes. But then where would we be without them. There'd be a lot less gigs and a lot less beer threads here... :wink:

Andy.

(Guess that - officially - ticks up 10K posts for me then. Though in reality it has been a few more... :wink: )
Only dimly aware of existence, a dimly existing awareness...

You get a wonderful view from the point of no return.

Nork
Orange Master

Post by Nork » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:24 pm

Wendigo wrote: I'm actually over in Germany....but the bar owner was SCOTTISH. I'll let that sink in. Ok I have a badass hangover now, going to eat grease and sugar and water. :lol:
oh dude. however, good deal on the grease, sugar and water. well, like it's said, what goes around comes around. let the grease sink in, cure the hangover...and keep on playing so that if you do end up in the same bar again and they're paying you for it...you'll both know who's better.
--Nick

Parker Nitefly SA -> TC PolyTune -> OLER Box ->Timmy -> MP SHOD -> Eventide TimeFactor/e3 -> Orange TT -> Avatar 112 (Weber 1225)

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:57 pm

Nork wrote:
Wendigo wrote: I'm actually over in Germany....but the bar owner was SCOTTISH. I'll let that sink in. Ok I have a badass hangover now, going to eat grease and sugar and water. :lol:
oh dude. however, good deal on the grease, sugar and water. well, like it's said, what goes around comes around. let the grease sink in, cure the hangover...and keep on playing so that if you do end up in the same bar again and they're paying you for it...you'll both know who's better.
Next time I'm gonna roll up with the harp player, and my rv50c and my strat deluxe and see what he thinks of that thing on 10. I'll show up tuesday night and play till friday if I have to to get a spot.

Nork
Orange Master

Post by Nork » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:08 am

had...rv50 on 10. you're a mean SOB.

from the loudness perspective...not the tone....
--Nick

ESBlonde
Orange Master

Post by ESBlonde » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:06 am

You mention the PA is off, can we assume the evening was all but ended and your impromptu session might have led to the bar owner being in breach of some after hours licensing laws or have I missed the point here?
Here we go; three, four...

panda

Post by panda » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:44 pm

this has happened to me before..reached over and grabbed the acoustic off the stand and proceeded to have a grand old sing along with everyone in the bar! take that mr bar owner