The funniest music video, the crappiest band I've heard in a

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

nguideau
Orange Master

Post by nguideau » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:15 am

I'd be surprised if they're really making that much more money (if even) than most of us make at our day jobs. But that's another discussion for another thread another day.

Hey, if they are happy doing what they're doing, fair play. But the bottom line is that this video and song makes me LAUGH. Whether they intended that, I really don't give a sh*t.

Part of me hopes they intended it, but mostly it's funny because they clearly take themselves oh-so-seriously.
- Nathan

billynightingale
Orange Master

Post by billynightingale » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:30 am

nguideau wrote:I'd be surprised if they're really making that much more money (if even) than most of us make at our day jobs. But that's another discussion for another thread another day.

Hey, if they are happy doing what they're doing, fair play. But the bottom line is that this video and song makes me LAUGH. Whether they intended that, I really don't give a sh*t.

Part of me hopes they intended it, but mostly it's funny because they clearly take themselves oh-so-seriously.
you should see the amount of merch sales bands around their size take in. It's ridiculous. And again, making as much money playing music as any of us would at our day job? I think I'd rather be making a living with music than a normal day job any day.
Bad Cat Hot Cat 30
Bad Cat 2x12

Jazzmaster, Telecaster, Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack , MXR EVH Phase 90, Creation Audio mk 4.23 boost, Danelectro CC Fuzz, Ibanez de-7, boss cs-3, boss dc-2, Dr. Scientist Reverberator, TC Nova Delay

nguideau
Orange Master

Post by nguideau » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:54 am

billynightingale wrote:you should see the amount of merch sales bands around their size take in. It's ridiculous. And again, making as much money playing music as any of us would at our day job? I think I'd rather be making a living with music than a normal day job any day.
I have seen the amount. Then it's split four, five, six ways (in the case of this band). And what if they owe money back to the label, or studio, or a producer/engineer or marketing agency that gave them an advance and promoted them? Like I said, a whole 'nother discussion.

I'd love to make the salary I make playing music. But I also love the work I do that brings home my money. If you don't have the same situation, then I guess I feel bad for you.
- Nathan

billynightingale
Orange Master

Post by billynightingale » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:29 am

nguideau wrote:
billynightingale wrote:you should see the amount of merch sales bands around their size take in. It's ridiculous. And again, making as much money playing music as any of us would at our day job? I think I'd rather be making a living with music than a normal day job any day.
I have seen the amount. Then it's split four, five, six ways (in the case of this band). And what if they owe money back to the label, or studio, or a producer/engineer or marketing agency that gave them an advance and promoted them? Like I said, a whole 'nother discussion.

I'd love to make the salary I make playing music. But I also love the work I do that brings home my money. If you don't have the same situation, then I guess I feel bad for you.
I'm quite content with my life. That's not to say I don't think I'd be happier out on the road making money that way. The point of the matter is, if they're doing what they want to do and happy, who cares? Their lives, and their music. You don't like it, don't listen to it.
Bad Cat Hot Cat 30
Bad Cat 2x12

Jazzmaster, Telecaster, Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack , MXR EVH Phase 90, Creation Audio mk 4.23 boost, Danelectro CC Fuzz, Ibanez de-7, boss cs-3, boss dc-2, Dr. Scientist Reverberator, TC Nova Delay

CultClassic

Post by CultClassic » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:09 am

billynightingale wrote:
nguideau wrote:I'd be surprised if they're really making that much more money (if even) than most of us make at our day jobs. But that's another discussion for another thread another day.

you should see the amount of merch sales bands around their size take in. It's ridiculous. And again, making as much money playing music as any of us would at our day job? I think I'd rather be making a living with music than a normal day job any day.
i'd rather have a day job and keep my self-respect. in a few years when this whole techno/screamo trend dies down, and the 13 year old fans grow up and ditch they're fluorescent pants and shitty band merch, Attack Attack will be washed up, wondering why no one cares anymore, why they have to pay back they're cash advances, and why oh why did they choose to play such terrible music because it's trendy?

these types of bands, (as others on here have said, several clones of this band exist) are created by bad record labels as merch selling machines. as long as the music is "brutal" and you can still dance stupidly to it, they can put the band logo on an american apparel shirt in all-over print, and sell it at an 80% increase. you can pretty much guarantee that very few to none of these bands ever had a garage band point in their careers. they are soulless marketing machines that will be the death of heavy music in a popular sense and will permanently scar the preteen fans who like this music. they will look back and not reminisce, but grimace at the thought that they actually liked this garbage.

whoo, sorry about that. this is my own opinion, not to offend anyone, but like i said, i firmly believe bands like Attack Attack are destroying the current and future heavy music scenes.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic (Silverburst)
Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall 1960BX Cab
Boss TU-2, NS-2, PS-5, RV-5, DD-6, RC-20
Barber Electronics LTD Overdrive

xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx
Orange Master

Post by xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:39 am

CultClassic wrote:
billynightingale wrote:

i'd rather have a day job and keep my self-respect. in a few years when this whole techno/screamo trend dies down, and the 13 year old fans grow up and ditch they're fluorescent pants and shitty band merch, Attack Attack will be washed up, wondering why no one cares anymore, why they have to pay back they're cash advances, and why oh why did they choose to play such terrible music because it's trendy?

these types of bands, (as others on here have said, several clones of this band exist) are created by bad record labels as merch selling machines. as long as the music is "brutal" and you can still dance stupidly to it, they can put the band logo on an american apparel shirt in all-over print, and sell it at an 80% increase. you can pretty much guarantee that very few to none of these bands ever had a garage band point in their careers. they are soulless marketing machines that will be the death of heavy music in a popular sense and will permanently scar the preteen fans who like this music. they will look back and not reminisce, but grimace at the thought that they actually liked this garbage.

whoo, sorry about that. this is my own opinion, not to offend anyone, but like i said, i firmly believe bands like Attack Attack are destroying the current and future heavy music scenes.
samesies.
-tim
fender double fat strat through:
TT-->BYOc tri-boost-->avatar 1x12 w/ greenback.
fender deluxe 'verb.

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:03 am

xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx wrote:
CultClassic wrote:
billynightingale wrote: you should see the amount of merch sales bands around their size take in. It's ridiculous. And again, making as much money playing music as any of us would at our day job? I think I'd rather be making a living with music than a normal day job any day.

samesies.
x eleventy
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/

xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx
Orange Master

Post by xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:54 am

Van Cleef wrote:
x eleventy
lolz
-tim
fender double fat strat through:
TT-->BYOc tri-boost-->avatar 1x12 w/ greenback.
fender deluxe 'verb.

kmlabs
Orange Expert

Post by kmlabs » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:27 am

I don't know that they're destroying the current and future heavy music scenes... I've been into metal of all sorts (and artificially created subgenres) for years, as have most of my friends, and I'd never even heard of Attack Attack until this thread.

I agree wholeheartedly about the marketing machine ethos, and it really grills my goat, but I think that heavy music in general is pretty healthy at the moment. Yes there are plenty of bands that are doing what they're doing because they think it's trendy, but there are plenty of bands who aren't following that path.

There will undoubtedly be people who look back and think "I can't believe I liked that cr@p" in a few years/months/days/whatever, but I'd expect that there will be plenty also who will decide they like heavy guitars and investigate further, discovering some "proper" (and I use that word with my tongue firmly in my cheek!) bands along the way.

(I know I'm going to get flamed for this next bit)

Plenty of people were hugely offended by Anthrax wearing shorts on stage, collaborating with Public Enemy, making their own rap songs etc, but along the way they've also made some of the best metal songs I've ever heard.

And finally... who's to say that Attack Attack won't write some killler songs for their next album and turn out a masterpiece, alienating a bunch of their existing fans but winning a whole sh!tload of new ones?

Peace out people, I'm not looking to start an argument, just putting my opinion in... :)
Kerry

Too much gain is... just about enough

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:40 am

bahahahah!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvHRlxnL ... re=related

oh man that brings the luz

but its better song that the first one posted by "Attack, Attack"

It's different, its cool in an I'd never admit it to anyone kinda way.
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet

Drdos
Orange Master

Post by Drdos » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:32 am

Wired wrote:bahahahah!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvHRlxnL ... re=related

oh man that brings the luz

but its better song that the first one posted by "Attack, Attack"

It's different, its cool in an I'd never admit it to anyone kinda way.
Man I just feel embarrassed even watching that, and it's not even my band.... :P
Vince

ckyratm
Orange Hero

Post by ckyratm » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:43 pm

These guys aren't too god awful, I don't really like them though. There are way too many bands now a days that just follow trends and fads, these guys included. I feel it's just to become popular and because thats where the money is. That's my opinion at least.
http://www.earthought.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AJS19
Orange Expert

Post by AJS19 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:30 am

Before:
After:

I can stand the music to a point but the dumb dance moves just get to me.
Please, call me Austin.
My Gear List