Snarling Dog Wonder Wah

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

goldpony
Orange Hero

Snarling Dog Wonder Wah

Post by goldpony » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:22 pm

Anyone had much experience with Snarling dog pedals, Id tried a Wonder Wah and liked it but i hear they are very unreliable anyone got any opinions on them?
Thanks Guys
Yamaha CV820WB Signature
Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster
Gretch Jet Electro
Gibson Les Paul Jr
Ibanez Hollow AF105-SM
ESP LTD EC1000
Washburn EA18 Acoustic
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange PPCOB 2X12
Epiphone Valve Jnr

Hgain
Rocker

Post by Hgain » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:57 pm

I have had a Snarling Dog Whine O Wah for several years....same model Jeff Beck uses....I really liked the Pedal but it was unreliable....the foot pedal became loose and would not stay in fixed positions...for many songs I used it for a tone pedal....so this fault made that very hard if not impossible..it produced some fine tones as a wah......I liked the boost and wah sounds...but the knobs fell off , the dc input was flimsy and popped out at gigs...used tape...and it was noisy unless you used a battery....so....I replaced it with a Fulltone Deluxe Clyde Wah....its built like a tank has none of the Whine O Wah issues...its has a different feel which I am still getting used to..IT SOUNDS KILLER...you can adjust the Clyde sound via an adjustable trimmer inside....this is a cool feature...but the Clyde is $300.00+..still use my Whine O but am afraid to use it at gigs...I need the Wah to cover Hendrix and Trower etc and cannot have it taking a Sh#t during a gig....I will say this don't get a cheap cheesey Wah...nothing sounds worse...I could list a bunch , but suffice to say let your ears decide. You will get no shortage of opinions here on that... so, IMHO The Whine O's are cheap in price and sound Good , but unreliable. Hope this helps 8)

Tibor
Orange Hero

Post by Tibor » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:17 pm

i use a Snarling Dogs Mold Spore wah...and allthough i repaired it several times (they are realy unreliable...and iam sorry they are!!!) its a main key factor of my sound...and i can't live without it unfortunatly the are discontinued...iam always searching for another one...
The DC Plug isn't very stable...broke it of the PCB several times (allthough iam am using a pedal board where all the pedal are fixed)...and one chip has gone over the jordan...had to replace it (now i use a socket for all ICs)...

if there would be a pedal that would offer me all the features this pedal does...i would buy it...but there is none...so i stay and keep repairing it once a year...(only minor repairs though)

the chassis is build like a tank thats true, its heavy and rigid...but you will surely have to convert it to true bypas (on my i was hearing the ringmod all the time allthough the ringmod was turned off ...but very subtile...but anoying)