Lovepedal Eternity........

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Lovepedal Eternity........

Post by BrianGT » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:57 pm

Any users on board?

I like it's natural sounding drive from what I've heard in demo's........seriously thinking about pulling the trigger!
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

billynightingale
Orange Master

Post by billynightingale » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:24 pm

it is a great pedal. In the last band I was in, I got more tone compliments running that with my dr. z than any other set up I ever used.
Bad Cat Hot Cat 30
Bad Cat 2x12

Jazzmaster, Telecaster, Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack , MXR EVH Phase 90, Creation Audio mk 4.23 boost, Danelectro CC Fuzz, Ibanez de-7, boss cs-3, boss dc-2, Dr. Scientist Reverberator, TC Nova Delay

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:51 pm

it is a great pedal. In the last band I was in, I got more tone compliments running that with my dr. z than any other set up I ever used.
  • Cheers! It arrives tomorrow morning so I'll let you know what I think once I can crank it up!
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WannaBmyself
Tiny Terror

Post by WannaBmyself » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:45 am

Anybody ever use this compared to the Zendrive? I'm really looking for "that" overdrive for me. I didn't go towards Lovepedal because I was wrapped up in the awe of a waiting list. (I suck)
'93 Gibson Les Paul Standard | Breedlove Studio C250/EO | Ampless again...

...and The Rumsfield

johnnyblues
Rocker

Post by johnnyblues » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:19 pm

I "had" one. Just sold it off very recently. Its nice as a treble booster and as a really low gain pedal w/ the guitar's volume knob turned down.

It didn't have much use after I got the G2D creamtone though. :wink:

God made man... everything else is made in China!

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:45 pm

Right guys......it's gone back! :oops:

The first thing I noticed is that it thinned out my original sound......even with the glass (tone)right down.
It worked better for me as a boost with level high and gain low....that way it wasn't too thin.
As soon as I added gain it just got thinner and lost bass........like a TS type pedal.
I tried it with my Strat and LP and it just didn't do it for me.

My MXR pedal works better for me in giving me a volume hike and keeping the sound nice and fat. I just need to add a little more gain when I use it with the Strat for a solo sound and the MXR can't do that.

It just goes to show we all have our own idea of sound!
Also, some pedals will blend in with your gear better than others and what works for me might not work for you.

I don't want to hear that I have stood on a pedal..........I want it to be part of the amp!! :lol:
BrianGT

Bentfinger
Orange Master

Post by Bentfinger » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:30 am

I also have bought so many pedals, and sent back, traded or sold alot of them. If they have a 45 day return policy, I will give them at least a 30 day chance. With different amps, gtrs, and pedal combinations. Might give the Maxon OD 808, or OD9 a try. Musictoyz has a good return policy..
http://www.myspace.com/fragilexrock
www.reverbnation.com/fragilex

"I Wanted To Be A Rock Star, But I Must of Been Standing In The Wrong Line"

TJ_Lee
Orange Master

Post by TJ_Lee » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:22 pm

WannaBmyself wrote:Anybody ever use this compared to the Zendrive? I'm really looking for "that" overdrive for me. I didn't go towards Lovepedal because I was wrapped up in the awe of a waiting list. (I suck)
Haha, wasn't all you thought it would be eh?

And lovepedal eternity is an overrated pedal for sure. If I was looking for a super transparent OD, I'd go with the G2D creamtone.
Fender Telecaster '52 AVRI > Korg PB > Keeley BD-2 > Zendrive > Boss DD-3 > Boss DD-20 > Dr. Z Maz 18 > Two-Rock 212

Hit List: Two-Rock Emerald Pro/Bruno Cowtipper Pro II 35

jamison162
Orange Master

Post by jamison162 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:43 pm

I haven't been impressed with any of the Lovepedals that I've tried.

Isn't the Eternity in the TS camp? And there's been probably 12 different version of that pedal...good luck finding THE ONE.

But seriously, the MJM Phantom OD and Tonefreak Abunai II are both stellar. For transparent od tones I still really dig the OCD, BOR, Timmy and Barber LTD/SR.

ilovepie
Tiny Terror

Post by ilovepie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:54 pm

I play the love pedal eternity. It is the original burst version. They work best through EL84 amps and really good with an AC30.

The trick is to use it as a boost with a little overdrive on it. Get your amp to that point of breakup and then kick it on. All those reviews that say it sounds too muddy is because of the way those people run their amps. The Eternity does not sound so good with the overdrive cranked. If you use it right then it will sound awesome.

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:54 pm

The trick is to use it as a boost with a little overdrive on it. Get your amp to that point of breakup and then kick it on.
That's exactly how I did use it but the moment I switched it on my sound grew smaller.

My amp is a valve amp and I always have it at the sweet spot.......I just wanted to add a little more volume and a tiny bit of gain to some of my sounds.
The Eternity just made my sound smaller......I was gutted. :(

My MXR micro amp makes my amp bigger when I use it but I can't add a bit of gain with it hence trying the Lovepedal.

I've ordered a Klon.
BrianGT

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:12 pm

BrianGT wrote:
The trick is to use it as a boost with a little overdrive on it. Get your amp to that point of breakup and then kick it on.
That's exactly how I did use it but the moment I switched it on my sound grew smaller.

My amp is a valve amp and I always have it at the sweet spot.......I just wanted to add a little more volume and a tiny bit of gain to some of my sounds.
The Eternity just made my sound smaller......I was gutted. :(

My MXR micro amp makes my amp bigger when I use it but I can't add a bit of gain with it hence trying the Lovepedal.

I've ordered a Klon.
Brian, I would have built you a Klon Klone... I don't think I want to know how much money you spent on a Klon. Breaks my heart. :o :shock: :cry: :wink:

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:16 pm

Brian, I would have built you a Klon Klone... I don't think I want to know how much money you spent on a Klon. Breaks my heart.
Yeah! Don't ask about the money!! :lol:

I thought he covered his circuits in epoxy??
Don't tell me 'ol Neiloler has sussed it out!! 8)
BrianGT

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:03 pm

BrianGT wrote:
Brian, I would have built you a Klon Klone... I don't think I want to know how much money you spent on a Klon. Breaks my heart.
Yeah! Don't ask about the money!! :lol:

I thought he covered his circuits in epoxy??
Don't tell me 'ol Neiloler has sussed it out!! 8)
There's a complete copy of the layout and everything online. Freestompboxes.org has it. I'm thinking I'd like to lay that out just to try it out and see what the fuss is all about. :)

jamison162
Orange Master

Post by jamison162 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:45 pm

The Klon is only $344 shipped. Not totally outrageous. I recall when the Eternity's sold for $279. The Landgraff stuff at $399 is a little over board, it's a standard sized enclosure.....but the fancy paint job.....everybody's gotta get paid.