2 heads into 1 cab

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

tony_clifton
Orange Master

Post by tony_clifton » Tue May 26, 2009 4:53 pm

Neil, Oler Engineering to thy rescue? They found you a hole in the market!

tadaitstyler
Orange Hero

Post by tadaitstyler » Tue May 26, 2009 4:54 pm

Bandeapart wrote:Or you could try to run 2 heads into a mono cab -

Just please film it and upload the footage to youtube for us.
hahaha

as fun as that would be to watch when someone else does it.... not for me. hahaha.
PopnFresh wrote:You could not close mic the cab, and deal with the splashes from other sources, or get a mono mic mixer and run 2 of your mics into one XLR for the soundboard.
That could work for sure. Hmmmm.... :?: Now to find the $3000 for an SLO100 hahaha

musicman_1300
Rocker

Re: 2 heads into 1 cab

Post by musicman_1300 » Wed May 27, 2009 1:54 pm

tadaitstyler wrote:Ok. So this would not happen for a long time (unless I came across loads of money out of nowhere) but it would be awesome to run my rocker 30 with a soldano slo100 at the same time, into the same cab. I don't want to do a stereo cab, because micing then becomes an issue. And I want to be able to run both heads at once. I was looking at the Radial Tonebone VT, but it just switches between the 2.

Anyways, it would take me a long time to get that setup, but I think it would sound sick.

Anyone know of a way to do it/a pedal or something to do it?
Axess Electronic use to have a Head Spliter thing I think it was called the "HS-2". They dont make it anymore but I use to own one. You would plug you both heads into the unit and run a trs cable up to your pedal board and you could use the footswitch to change between the two different heads. it was pretty awesome.
Amps: 67' AC30 TB
Timefactor, #3 proto MP FGC, Katana, Rat, Joyride, BB preamp, BJF PGC all controled w/Musicom.

Tibor
Orange Hero

Post by Tibor » Wed May 27, 2009 2:08 pm

if micing and "not enough channels on the mixer" is a problem try to get something like this:
put both mics in it and give the "premixed" signal to the soundguy...

stereoing the cab is the only way if you want also using both amps at the same time instead of only switching between them...

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Re: 2 heads into 1 cab

Post by Le Chat Noir » Wed May 27, 2009 5:43 pm

musicman_1300 wrote:You would plug you both heads into the unit and run a trs cable up to your pedal board and you could use the footswitch to change between the two different heads. it was pretty awesome.
Once again, there is a world of difference between a unit that switches between heads - an A/B with dummy load, which several companies make, including the radial units - and something that allows you to run two amps SIMULTANEOUSLY into one cab, which is what the original poster is asking for.
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC