OR120 & Vintage Orange amps in the UK

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

John

Post by John » Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:20 pm

<font face='Verdana'> Hi,

I was reading that the OR120 was one of the earlist Orange amps made. I'd like to know if this is true and what models were first to be released. Also, does anyone know of somewhere in the UK that specifically looks out for vintage Orange gear?

Somewhere on the net I found a web-site dedicated to the Orange amp, it had a simple layout and solid orange background with back text. If anyone knows the address for this site I'd be really happy to hear it so's I can read about these.

One day, when I have all that money lying round, one of these beasts will be mine! I wasn't even born when they were being made, in fact I wasn't born for about another 14 years, but I feel the need to buy one anyway. The orange tolex, the weird writing... It's just 70's evil! Back when chicks scored perfect 10's and it was okay to own a 3ft afro. I wish I was a hippy. :P

All the best and thanks for any help,
John </font id='Verdana'>

Leron

Post by Leron » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:06 pm

Try Music Ground. I don't have their telephone number but I think www.musicground.com is their website. If they don't have what you want in stock they could track something down for you. They concentrate on vintage gear and their amps selection is the best in the world. Hope that is of aome use.
Leon

Meole
Orange Master

Post by Meole » Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:02 am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Somewhere on the net I found a web-site dedicated to the Orange amp, it had a simple layout and solid orange background with back text. If anyone knows the address for this site I'd be really happy to hear it so's I can read about these.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.geocities.com/geertjacobs/orange_page.htm

John

Post by John » Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:06 pm

That's it! Thanks.

John