New Squier Classic Vibe Strat color is AWESOME.

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

New Squier Classic Vibe Strat color is AWESOME.

Post by Neiloler » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:37 pm

I really dig this, I was thinking about doing this kind of deal through Warmoth. This would be cheaper (and yes, quality, blah blah blah, I know, but if this plays well, who cares? ;) )

stratplayer1997
Tiny Terror

Post by stratplayer1997 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:39 pm

I've been looking at the classic vibe tele for a few months. Wish stores had them to check out.

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:41 pm

Yeah, seriously, that's the toughest part about this. You'd think stores would be more into selling these: cheap and they are rumored to actually play well, unlike some of the junk out there (Squier stuff very much included, ever play a Bullet guitar? :( )

PopnFresh
Orange Master

Post by PopnFresh » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:48 pm

What are you talking about quality, those are as good as most MIJ MIM Fenders IMO, and if you worried just shove new pickups and neck on!

The Duo Sonic is also awesome!
Last edited by PopnFresh on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:48 pm

If you can't tell the difference in the quality then you might as well buy that one.You are the one that has to be pleased with it. :wink:
Paint it blue 4 soul.

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:51 pm

Oh no, I didn't mean to diss on the quality of all Squiers, I know the Classic Vibe gets great regards, and I had a great Squier years ago. I'm just saying from a store perspective, it would be worth it to stock these guitars even if you're just some mom-n-pop piano store trying to look hip by selling one or two guitars. These would be the guitars to have! Not all Squiers are as good (hence my Squier Bullet comment), but there are some that are awesome.

PopnFresh
Orange Master

Post by PopnFresh » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:02 pm

Neiloler wrote:Oh no, I didn't mean to diss on the quality of all Squiers, I know the Classic Vibe gets great regards, and I had a great Squier years ago. I'm just saying from a store perspective, it would be worth it to stock these guitars even if you're just some mom-n-pop piano store trying to look hip by selling one or two guitars. These would be the guitars to have! Not all Squiers are as good (hence my Squier Bullet comment), but there are some that are awesome.
Yeah, but I bet theres not a great profit margin on the classic series Squirers!

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Should be a nice childs first guitar. I really wish I had one of those when I started playing in the second grade.My parents might have bought that back in 64. Instead I got a Regal acoustic.Noboby could play it.
Paint it blue 4 soul.

PopnFresh
Orange Master

Post by PopnFresh » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:18 am

Bluz57 wrote:Should be a nice childs first guitar. I really wish I had one of those when I started playing in the second grade.My parents might have bought that back in 64. Instead I got a Regal acoustic.Noboby could play it.
Mmmm, my first guitar cost £21, and thats in the 90's, I've still got it I take it places where I dont really care what happens to it like the beach, I love it to bits but wouldnt care if it broke... You can still buy them, and there now like £15 :D

Ernieballman
Orange Hero

Post by Ernieballman » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:19 am

The Squire VM is another series that Squire got right the first time out. I love my VM Jazz bass. Its become my main bass at the moment.

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:23 am

I've also looked at their basses. I've just been really impressed with the way everyone seems to say they're pretty good. There's opinions from "this is good" to "the best guitar I've ever played", but they're all positive. That makes me stop and take notice.

I've decided that if I get a set of 'Buckers in the raffle at the Utah Amp Sho, I'm buying the Agile I've been looking at. If I get a set of strat pups, maybe I'll put them in here.

Or maybe I'll be devious and take my kinmans out of my strat, put them in this CV Strat, then take the buckers and put them in my current strat (that has a swimming pool route for pups)...bwahahahaha!

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:15 am

I had nothing to play for years . My brother in law finally loaned me an old Sear Silvertone guitar in 69.I got my first real guitar in 74.I think it is great that they have affordable guitars like the Squire.
Paint it blue 4 soul.

sleejay
Orange Expert

Post by sleejay » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:24 am

man I'm so waiting for them to come out with a new color(s) for the Duo-Sonic!!!

Just can't stand the current brown color, but I want one so much...

Gotta love 'em Fender offset guitars :P

Drdos
Orange Master

Re: New Squier Classic Vibe Strat color is AWESOME.

Post by Drdos » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:36 am

Neiloler wrote:I really dig this, I was thinking about doing this kind of deal through Warmoth. This would be cheaper (and yes, quality, blah blah blah, I know, but if this plays well, who cares? ;) )

Ummm I've owned the CV Tele for about 6 months right now and it is one of my All Time favorite guitars. The workmanship is pretty high quality... Yeah I know it's a Squire, and made in China, but man Fender got it right with this one. I owned a 2002 MIA Tele, and 6 months after I owned it I sold it. I hated the new bridge, and the Delta Tone PUP's. Anyway, all this to say those guitars are worth every penny..
Vince

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:00 am

sleejay wrote:man I'm so waiting for them to come out with a new color(s) for the Duo-Sonic!!!

Just can't stand the current brown color, but I want one so much...

Gotta love 'em Fender offset guitars :P
Haha, I hear ya, it looks more like pantyhose than a guitar color. It's gross to see that on a guitar. I'd get some sort of complex if I owned. Paging dr. Freud.

Vince, it's cool to hear you still dig the tele, I love the look of it. I was playing my tele today, I've missed being a tele guy!