The best distortion sound on earth...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Wendigo
Orange Master

The best distortion sound on earth...

Post by Wendigo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:46 pm

...can be found on the dirty channel of the RV50! I know this may be well known to some of you, but I was just playing again and I had to come here to rave about the sound! No pedal on earth or other amp has such a detailed, musical singing sustain as this amp...the gain can go from soft as butter to screaming, to toothy crunch from hell and back...the amp just seems to "breathe" like no other too....nothing can top it...IMO! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Drdos
Orange Master

Post by Drdos » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:51 pm

The RV series would be my choice if I could afford one. I totally agree from my experience with the TT. I have not found a pedal, or another amp for that matter that can match the Balls of this amp. Cheers
Vince

onewaycpr
Orange Master

Post by onewaycpr » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:52 pm

Awwww :( I hope Orange sends me mine back soon! Its been 3 weeks...

Borderline Productions
Orange Master

Post by Borderline Productions » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:04 pm

You are preaching to choir, brother!

Never owned a distortion pedal, with the RV50, now I will never need one.
Bob

http://www.purevolume.com/oxymora" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:21 pm

Eh....I'd be willing to go head to head with my pix only OR120 with the period correct, dual ganged MV mod done by Gerald Weber. In fact, I have gone head to head (literally) and the OR120 has a better overdrive. The RV50 get very, very close i must admit!
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Knuckle Bones wrote:Eh....I'd be willing to go head to head with my pix only OR120 with the period correct, dual ganged MV mod done by Gerald Weber. In fact, I have gone head to head (literally) and the OR120 has a better overdrive. The RV50 get very, very close i must admit!
You're on!!! :twisted:

The RV will eat the OR for lunch!!!!!! Not even close!!! No way! Only big fat hairy wusses think the old ORs even come close to the RV50! :P :P :P

(working on my "macho" - how was that?) :wink:
Greg

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:56 pm

:roll:
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:02 pm

*puffs up like a bull frog*

Oh yeah, welll...em....yeah well my OR120 is louder than your RV50 too!
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€

customandrew
Orange Master

Post by customandrew » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:21 pm

i didnt discover the greatness of the dirt till i changed my tubes to tung sols...

then it came to life and I smiled about as many times as you did in that post...

still smiling. :D
Orange Rockerverb 50h
Orange PPC212
Gibson ES-335
Fender Strato
<i>Increase The Dosage, Count Back From Ten.</i>
<i> www.myspace.com/williamandrewmusic </i>

<i> http://www.myspace.com/thegrowingrobotpopulation</i>

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:43 pm

Yes, I actually have the tube amp doctor tubes in there right now, but the tungsols were the creme of the crop the be honest...i think its the circuit that stands out though.

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:24 am

I was thinking, "oh great, how's he gonna' live up to post?" Greatest distortion on Earth my big toe!

Then I read it! It's completly true! Preach the gospel man...

Oh he brought it.

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:31 am

blackcloud45 wrote:I was thinking, "oh great, how's he gonna' live up to post?" Greatest distortion on Earth my big toe!

Then I read it! It's completly true! Preach the gospel man...

Oh he brought it.
YEAH! It's like you wanna whip out an "Oh no he didn't!" but you end up with an "Oh yes he DID!"

SanDimas High School Football rules!!!!! As does the RV50. :wink:
Greg

CD9266
Orange Master

Post by CD9266 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:27 am

I seem to agree. Especially when paired with Vintage 30s, EMGs wired in series and running on 18 volts. I've got one of the hottest signals hitting my amp. I don't need any distortion pedals or clean boost (although I'm willing to experiment).

But the RV also has that beautiful clean channel sitting there too. Oh the possibilities.
http://www.reverbnation.com/coreydiller" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sunset Justice - Now on iTunes!

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Re: The best distortion sound on earth...

Post by Orphin » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:29 pm

Wendigo wrote:...can be found on the dirty channel of the RV50! I know this may be well known to some of you, but I was just playing again and I had to come here to rave about the sound! No pedal on earth or other amp has such a detailed, musical singing sustain as this amp...the gain can go from soft as butter to screaming, to toothy crunch from hell and back...the amp just seems to "breathe" like no other too....nothing can top it...IMO! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I A/B my old RV100 with my Marshall 2061X real carefully to decide which amp to keep. The Marshall won. Just a little bit more bite and attitude. :twisted:
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

Wendigo
Orange Master

Re: The best distortion sound on earth...

Post by Wendigo » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:44 pm

Orphin wrote:
Wendigo wrote:...can be found on the dirty channel of the RV50! I know this may be well known to some of you, but I was just playing again and I had to come here to rave about the sound! No pedal on earth or other amp has such a detailed, musical singing sustain as this amp...the gain can go from soft as butter to screaming, to toothy crunch from hell and back...the amp just seems to "breathe" like no other too....nothing can top it...IMO! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I A/B my old RV100 with my Marshall 2061X real carefully to decide which amp to keep. The Marshall won. Just a little bit more bite and attitude. :twisted:
Yeah I like my marshall jcm800 too....both good amps. Why didnt you keep them both?