Orange Sighting

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

MSP
Orange Master

Orange Sighting

Post by MSP » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:11 am

So I've been pretty absent lately, school and all. Saturday, however, I did find time to go see Travis play and I had the joy of being front and centre and watched Andy Dunlop climb on top of his Orange stack in the midst of the guitar "solo" of "All I Want to do is Rock". It was only afterwards that my sense of awe was slightly dispelled when I saw the photo of a roadie holding the amp head up there in a photo someone posted online.

So how has everyone been?
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

professor plum
Orange Master

Post by professor plum » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:33 am

even though the roadie is holding it, i think we should still give him an A for effort...
valve.(((J0HN)))Resident village idiot
and some tech helper type said, "Gee, Mr Atkins, that guitar sure sounds fabulous!" Chet put the guitar on it's stand and said, "Well, how does it sound now?"

guitarmy50
Orange Expert

Post by guitarmy50 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:41 am

Is that a Rocker 30? I've never seen a big band actually use one live.

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:42 am

guitarmy50 wrote:Is that a Rocker 30? I've never seen a big band actually use one live.
I don't think so. He's been using Orange since their first album, so it might be an AD of some sort.
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joshlespaul1952

Post by Joshlespaul1952 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:55 am

You've gotta admire the roadie's sense of acumen.

Pacemaker
Orange Expert

Post by Pacemaker » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:19 am

I haven't kept up with them for their last few albums, but Travis freaking rock. And the two times I've seen them, they've been insanely good. Like, far and away better than I would have thought they'd be. Good times on the The Man Who tour, with a pretty little lady named Leona Naess opening.

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:23 am

Pacemaker wrote:I haven't kept up with them for their last few albums, but Travis freaking rock. And the two times I've seen them, they've been insanely good. Like, far and away better than I would have thought they'd be. Good times on the The Man Who tour, with a pretty little lady named Leona Naess opening.
Yeah they were amazing. Fran came out and sang in the audience, which was pretty awesome. Actually that show tops in my top 5 concerts.

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:26 am

Great to see you Esther! :)

tony_clifton
Orange Master

Post by tony_clifton » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:31 am

Maybe the roadie was shaking it for extra rock 'n roll mojo ? 8)

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:46 am

I climbed up on top of one of my 4X12's at a gig two months ago and nearly lost my balance when I thought that it was on a stable section of stage- it wasn't. I had to jump about 8 feet down to the floor...

... wish I had a roadie!

tony_clifton
Orange Master

Post by tony_clifton » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:13 am

bclaire wrote:I climbed up on top of one of my 4X12's at a gig two months ago and nearly lost my balance when I thought that it was on a stable section of stage- it wasn't. I had to jump about 8 feet down to the floor...

... wish I had a roadie!
Problem with falling is that it hurts your ego more than your body...

Axl Rose has kind of a history falling on/off stages it seems:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3apD_uI ... re=related

plus see related vids, happens a lot :D