ot: any logic users?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

cassiopamusic
Orange Expert

ot: any logic users?

Post by cassiopamusic » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:29 pm

im having trouble using my electric drumset with logic via midi and using ultrabeat drum sounds. it was working fine then one day the snare stopped working.

when local control is on the snare works fine coming out of the drum set, but when used as a midi controller with logic the snare does not work. the drums are set on the proper midi channels. im thinking its a preference or something i have to fix in logic, im not a logic guy.
zac
RF

PopnFresh
Orange Master

Post by PopnFresh » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:14 pm

Is the Midi data being recived on the computer from the drumkit when you hit the snare if you test it with something else?

cassiopamusic
Orange Expert

Post by cassiopamusic » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:32 pm

PopnFresh wrote:Is the Midi data being recived on the computer from the drumkit when you hit the snare if you test it with something else?
data is being received on the computer by all the other drum pads except the snare. when opening up the esx24 and going to the edit window, the other pads appear on the keys when played, except the snare.it says the snare is assigned to D1 in logics transport, but does not appear in the esx24 when played, this goes for ultrabeat too.

i dont understand where something is going wrong: the signal is fine leaving the drum set, the midi cables must be good because all the other channels work right. its going into an mbox to logic, so i'm guessing its a software issue.
zac
RF

PopnFresh
Orange Master

Post by PopnFresh » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:10 pm

cassiopamusic wrote:
PopnFresh wrote:Is the Midi data being recived on the computer from the drumkit when you hit the snare if you test it with something else?
data is being received on the computer by all the other drum pads except the snare. when opening up the esx24 and going to the edit window, the other pads appear on the keys when played, except the snare.it says the snare is assigned to D1 in logics transport, but does not appear in the esx24 when played, this goes for ultrabeat too.

i dont understand where something is going wrong: the signal is fine leaving the drum set, the midi cables must be good because all the other channels work right. its going into an mbox to logic, so i'm guessing its a software issue.
Yeah but is the snare recieved in any other software?

cassiopamusic
Orange Expert

Post by cassiopamusic » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:36 pm

PopnFresh wrote:
cassiopamusic wrote:

yeah it works fine in reason.
zac
RF

PopnFresh
Orange Master

Post by PopnFresh » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:35 am

cassiopamusic wrote:
PopnFresh wrote:
cassiopamusic wrote: data is being received on the computer by all the other drum pads except the snare. when opening up the esx24 and going to the edit window, the other pads appear on the keys when played, except the snare.it says the snare is assigned to D1 in logics transport, but does not appear in the esx24 when played, this goes for ultrabeat too.

yeah it works fine in reason.
Pass then, maybee you just need to map the controller number to the function needed in the midi options?