WHITE orange amps/cabs

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Sethery
Orange Hero

WHITE orange amps/cabs

Post by Sethery » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Anyone have one yet? i just checked the orange site for the first time in a while and saw that they are making them for a limited time in 09. If anyone knows where to get them, has pics or anything, or if this has already been talked about, let me know!!
Love, Seth.
Orange PPC-212
Mesa Boogie Tremoverb dual rectifier
Rockerverb50H
PRS Custom 22 ten-top
Ibanez "law suit" Les Paul
Ibanez Jet King
Lots of Pedals (Gonkulator Ring Modulator is my favorite)
http://www.myspace.com/sethsoloproject
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27795172@N05/

xenious
Orange Hero

Post by xenious » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:20 pm

Indeed... Alex "the man" says to hop on down to your closest (or favorite) Orange full line dealer and they can order one for you for any UK made tube amps or speaker cabs.

fibersnake
Orange Expert

Post by fibersnake » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:58 pm

Jim's Vintage Guitars in Baltimore Maryland (USA) had them listed on their web site. Not sure if they have one in stock or would order, not real clear, but never hurts to send them email or call to find out if one is interested.

Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining.

miss fitz

Post by miss fitz » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:46 am

Just to chime in, I'm totally ordering a white Rockerverb 50 head and 2x12 cab... and not to star a war or anything, but it IS largely because of Madonna... I've always been a Fender Twin Reverb player-- but thanks to Monte Pittman and Madonna, I'll be dropping a couple grand on my first (white) Orange... so, expect to hear more from me once I've got it all set up and dialed in!

CD9266
Orange Master

Post by CD9266 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:55 am

I'll stick to my "orange" Orange RV50. And when I can shell out enough for a 2x12 or a 4x12 cab I'll get an "orange" Orange PPC 2(4)x12.

To me that's just part of Orange, for very obvious reasons.
http://www.reverbnation.com/coreydiller" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sunset Justice - Now on iTunes!

flea
Orange Master

Post by flea » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:56 am

miss fitz wrote:Just to chime in, I'm totally ordering a white Rockerverb 50 head and 2x12 cab... and not to star a war or anything, but it IS largely because of Madonna... I've always been a Fender Twin Reverb player-- but thanks to Monte Pittman and Madonna, I'll be dropping a couple grand on my first (white) Orange... so, expect to hear more from me once I've got it all set up and dialed in!
That's great! Welcome to the forum! While I don't really get down with a lot of her music, Monte is a great talent and I'm sure you'll love the Orange!

sesroh
Orange Hero

Post by sesroh » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:15 am

after one gig or a couple trips in a car/van and the tolex will look awful
ImageImage

Musicman20
Orange Hero

Post by Musicman20 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:02 am

Im contemplating ordering a RV100 or TV 200 with PPC 412 or PPC HP 412 this year. I was going to wait a year, but my local shop has started stocking Orange at reasonable prices.

Im half tempted by white, as at the moment and for most of the summer ill be just caining the amp out on my own building up my skills as im much more into bass playing. So its not going to get as dirty!

I can't decide, the White is awesome, and is special edition! But the Orange....well that matches my bass gear, and its Orange isnt it!
Bass: Orange AD200b Mk3 - Orange OBC410 - Orange OBC115

Guitar: Orange Dual Terror - Orange PPC212 Closed Back (Ltd Edition 2009 White)

xenious
Orange Hero

Post by xenious » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:55 pm

If I had not gone with the OR50 (requiring a matching orange cab of course) I was going to do all white TV50 + 4x12. I'm sure it will show dirt (having never seen one in person it could be a creamier white) and yellow a bit over the years but it looks awesome in the pictures.

Then there is the joy of limited edition plus you can always go buy another one in orange next year. ;)

Musicman20
Orange Hero

Post by Musicman20 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:50 pm

I think I like the Orange Bass Cabs in Orange...due to the Grill being different. Plus, I dunno, it really caughy my eye in Orange.

The guitar cabs look brilliant in white. It will get mucky, but itll wipe down I imagine with a damp cloth and tiny bit of light soap or something. The heads probably won't get as bad.

Ive just emailed my local store I mentioned above. They can get an RV100 and PPC4x12 in white NOW! Not only that but at a good price. They are literally 2 miles from my house and the guy has been selling and servicing gear for years and year. So, if any problems he can sort it.

I only just thought...and realised, it has a Limited Edition badge on it. Are these gonna end up surging in price in 2010 onwards?! A worthy investment and also an incredible amp.

Im going to look into borrowing a bit of cash to get this setup in the next 2 months or so. Ill never need another guitar amp!
Bass: Orange AD200b Mk3 - Orange OBC410 - Orange OBC115

Guitar: Orange Dual Terror - Orange PPC212 Closed Back (Ltd Edition 2009 White)

Allardson
Orange Hero

Post by Allardson » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:23 pm

A white AD200B would be quite awesome!

widowmaker88
Rocker

Post by widowmaker88 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:06 pm

I reckon the white cabs will looks awesome with the Tiny Terror! I've been tempted to get a white PPC112 to match with my orange one and TT.

miss fitz

Post by miss fitz » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:24 pm

widowmaker88 wrote:I reckon the white cabs will looks awesome with the Tiny Terror! I've been tempted to get a white PPC112 to match with my orange one and TT.
Thats a brilliant idea... my drummer is picking up a tiny terror when I get my Rockerverb, I'm sure it will be easy peasy to convince him to get a white cab!

To match mine, naturally...

As for keeping it clean, it will be rough-- I have two Fender Hot Rod Deluxes in the White Lightning finish, and I find that diligence helps a lot. A damp cloth does wonders, and a little white shoe polish helps handle any blemishes that don't go away (one of my amps had a burn mark from an interior auto lightbulb from our van-- burned through the cover and into the white tolex! Augh!)

Anyway, great to be here at Orange-- looking forward to getting more familiar with Orangeland and getting out of my cozy Fendertown for a while!

greyvents
Orange Expert

Post by greyvents » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:53 pm

widowmaker88 wrote:I reckon the white cabs will looks awesome with the Tiny Terror! I've been tempted to get a white PPC112 to match with my orange one and TT.
Orange do a white PPC112? Thought white was limted to the UK made amps and cabs only.

I hope you're right though!
Mark

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster
Fender Classic Player 50s Strat
Orange TT, PPC 112
Cornford Roadhouse 30 Combo

Heartsndspades
Orange Master

Post by Heartsndspades » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:25 am

greyvents wrote:
Orange do a white PPC112? Thought white was limted to the UK made amps and cabs only.

I hope you're right though!

it is just the uk line..
Bass: orange-ad200b, obc4x10, obc1x15/ ampeg b-15/ fender Jazz/ 74' gibson grabber/ peterson stobeostomp/ ehx deluxe memory man/ malekko b:assmaster/ voodoo labs pedal power 2+/ monster bass cables
Guitar: Fender 69' Tele Thinline/ Ampeg B-15
*korey*