Bass Terror

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Musicman20
Orange Hero

Post by Musicman20 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:21 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tony_clifton</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Musicman20</i>
<br />Yeah for a modern amp...500W is probs a good wattage to have if its not all tube...perhaps even a little excessive!

Anyway, this thing is getting purchased as soon as it hits the retailers! Brilliant for my band who does small DIY tours/shows from time to time.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I wouldn't worry about lifting a MkIII regarding your sig :?.

Thats true!

The Ampeg 810E I use is so good but far too heavy.

I think the Bass Terror is awesome for when i've got limited space or as a good backup:)
Bass: Orange AD200b Mk3 - Orange OBC410 - Orange OBC115

Guitar: Orange Dual Terror - Orange PPC212 Closed Back (Ltd Edition 2009 White)

Musicman20
Orange Hero

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tony_clifton</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Musicman20</i>
<br />Yeah for a modern amp...500W is probs a good wattage to have if its not all tube...perhaps even a little excessive!

Anyway, this thing is getting purchased as soon as it hits the retailers! Brilliant for my band who does small DIY tours/shows from time to time.

Thats true!

I think the Bass Terror is awesome for when i've got limited space or as a good backup:)

Musicman20
Orange Hero

Thats true!

paulb
Orange Expert

Post by paulb » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:40 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Musicman20</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tony_clifton</i>

Thats true!

Yup. I used to have an SVT and always hated lifting that pig. I'm quite curious to hear the Bass Terror through the Orange cabs. I would love to run a stereo set up using my Boss chorus, my Orange rig and the Bass Terror through my 2x12 4ohm cab.

Oranges are sweet!

paulb
Orange Expert

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Musicman20</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tony_clifton</i>

Thats true!

Yup. I used to have an SVT and always hated lifting that pig. I'm quite curious to hear the Bass Terror through the Orange cabs. I would love to run a stereo set up using my Boss chorus, my Orange rig and the Bass Terror through my 2x12 4ohm cab.

Oranges are sweet!

paulb
Orange Expert

Thats true!

Oranges are sweet!

MrBonex

Post by MrBonex » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:55 pm

Now my wish is for Orange to make a matching lightweight neo 2-12 cab to go with the new amp.

I can dream.

MrBonex

Now my wish is for Orange to make a matching lightweight neo 2-12 cab to go with the new amp.

I can dream.

MrBonex

I can dream.

Ernieballman
Orange Hero

Post by Ernieballman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:07 am

I am definately trying this one out when its finally released. If I like what I hear I am gonna use it as an excuse to downsize my cab as well (an Amgeg 610hlf) and go with the Orange 410. That way I will be able to better handle loading and unloading solo.

bassdrop
Orange Master

Post by bassdrop » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:49 am

As cool as I think the Bass Terror would be, if I were to downsize to a solid state rig the main competition would be the Bergantino IP 3x10 combo. If you haven't played one of those, try to play one- they are incredible.
mmmmmm drop

Guthrie Matthews Method
http://www.guthriematthews.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Modified Fender Custom Shop Jazz, Warmoth P/J clone,
Orange AD200 MkIII, Barefaced Compact

doombass
Tiny Terror

Post by doombass » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:53 pm

Rumour has it that Orange will have a 2x10" and 8x10" cabinet out soon.

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:10 pm

Honestly this thing has my interest. I've never had a bass amp and this may fit the bill. I have an old school Peavey dual 15' cab that's empty...and conveniently I have a couple of James B Lansing 15s out of a old school Ampeg cab (that my dad butchered!). Bet that would make a nice little bass rig...or big one I guess.
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€

doombass
Tiny Terror

Post by doombass » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:36 am

Got this from another forum:

New series Orange Bass Speaker Cabinets punch above their weight!

Following the launch of the groundbreaking Terror Bass at NAMM 09, Orange amplification are launching a series of state-of-art bass speaker cabinets. In keeping with the ‘Tiny Terror’ concept, small is the new big, these new compact speakers, pound for pound, deliver more power and more volume than any other currently on the market.

Using breakthrough technology, the new ‘Smart Power’ range of speakers come in three sizes and utilises, for the first time in this market, Isobaric loudspeaker construction. This revolutionary technology is based on mounting two Lightweight Neodymium Eminence Speakers within the cabinet behind each other and in practical terms this not only lowers the bass frequency but also delivers more output from within a smaller sized cabinet.

The three new models are the SP210 ( 600 watts) SP212 ( 600 watts ) SP410 ( 1200 watts) and all have a dynamic and responsive tone and the trademark compact ‘Tiny Terror’ size with the SP 210 coming in a little over 30 cms square! Built in the UK using marine quality Baltic birch plywood, the Smart Power cabs are all rated at 8 ohms and create an awe inspiring sound.... in short the new Smart Power range integrates big ideas into one small speaker system... Small is the new big!

Orange are also introducing a new OBC810 bass speaker cabinet using 8 x 10â€

Musicman20
Orange Hero

Post by Musicman20 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:02 am

Woah...new Orange Bass Gear.

I wouldn't mind trying the Bass Terror with one of the existing OBC cabs...or that massive OBC 8x10.

I don't know what I think of lightweight speakers at the moment. They don't tend to create that rock tone im after. Who knows...maybe i'll get a 2x12 for the Bass Terror somewhere down the line.

The 8x10 looks very nice. I already have an Ampeg though, and I originally went with the separate OBC cabs so I could use different combinations for what size gig i'm playing.