UK bound!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Bink
Orange Master

Post by Bink » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:14 pm

Sweet, good deal too you got yourself Billy!
No gigs I'm afraid. I work in central London, about 10-15 mins from Canary wharf so if you do find yourself in London with a bit of spare time and fancy meeting up for a pint, give me a shout.
Chris
PRS CU22
Present: TT, PPC 112 (Heritage G12M)
Past: AD15
Image Image

Tango
Orange Master

Post by Tango » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:03 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bclaire</i>
<br />
Cool! thanks for the itinerary! If staying in Sheffield falls through, my plan is a hotel in Canary Wharf actually!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Canary Wharf! Watch out for Daleks and Cybermen;)

We haven't any gigs lined up, still getting our brand spanking new drummer up to speed.
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Have fun Billy....there's lot's to see around Canary Wharf. :)
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blainy
Orange Master

Post by Blainy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:20 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tango</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bclaire</i>
<br />
Cool! thanks for the itinerary! If staying in Sheffield falls through, my plan is a hotel in Canary Wharf actually!

Canary Wharf! <b>Watch out for Daleks and Cybermen</b>;)

We haven't any gigs lined up, still getting our brand spanking new drummer up to speed.

I thought that was Cardiff, Rach! You lost the plot ot what?

Tango
Orange Master

Post by Tango » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:56 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Blainy</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tango</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bclaire</i>
<br />

Canary Wharf! <b>Watch out for Daleks and Cybermen</b>;)

I thought that was Cardiff, Rach! You lost the plot ot what?

Noooo, at the end of Doctor Who Series 2, Torchwood Tower is in Canary Wharf, the Daleks and the Cyberman come through a hole in The Rift there. The spin off Torchwood series is set in Cardiff.;)
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:08 pm

Can I be the first to say.... *DR WHO GEEKS ALERT!!!!*

Just kidding :D
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:11 pm

I got the reference! Ha ha ha! I watch Dr Who on BBC America every Saturday!

Tango
Orange Master

Post by Tango » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:39 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Le Chat Noir</i>
<br />Can I be the first to say.... *DR WHO GEEKS ALERT!!!!*

Just kidding :D

I am, and I am proud:D

nguideau
Orange Master

Post by nguideau » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:35 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Taronja</i>
<br />cool, yeah $501 is a good deal. good luck. wish i was going.

wow, i cant imagine sitting on a plane for 6-1/2 hours.

what service do you use to get plane tickets? i find CheapTickets .com has awesome prices.

Jon

You know, it's really not that bad... and I hate flying. I'm a ball of nerves. But honestly, the 6.5 hour flight to London is easier than most domestic flights between eastern U.S. cities like Philly, Boston, NYC, Chicago, Detroit... because they use MUCH nicer planes for those longer international flights. Really smooth ride and you have more time to "get used" to being in the air.
- Nathan

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:00 pm

That's very true... I could have gotten a cheaper flight than that, but it would have been another airline that I KNOW would not be as comfortable as Virgin Atlantic!

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:37 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nguideau</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Taronja</i>
<br />cool, yeah $501 is a good deal. good luck. wish i was going.

wow, i cant imagine sitting on a plane for 6-1/2 hours.

what service do you use to get plane tickets? i find CheapTickets .com has awesome prices.

Jon

You know, it's really not that bad... and I hate flying. I'm a ball of nerves. But honestly, the 6.5 hour flight to London is easier than most domestic flights between eastern U.S. cities like Philly, Boston, NYC, Chicago, Detroit... because they use MUCH nicer planes for those longer international flights. Really smooth ride and you have more time to "get used" to being in the air.

i fly international allot, every 2 to 3 months, the first few times i flew on a large Airbus Industrie A319, Spirit airlines. the first time was not to bad except not much leg room at all. the second time they were only accepting credit cards for drinks and snacks NO CASH?, i did not bring my card but had a pocket full of cash, they would not sell my anything, they would not even give me water, it sucked, as i sat there cramped in my seat for a 3 hour flight and everyone around me was drinking and eating and i could not get anything at all not even water, F-them, this airline experience was horrible. ill never fly Spirit again. so i switched over to American Airlines who gives you FREE soda, cookies and coffee and uses Boeing 757 those are the typical international planes that AA uses, much more leg room. but for me it its not so much being comfortable in my seat but just sitting in the same seat in a big tube(fuselage) for so long is torture. i just bought tickets to go back to Central America next month, i got a great deal on Continental, these tickets are normally $1000 but i scored round trip for $366 8) this is a good deal for an AA flight only i got Continental so im expecting it to be more comfortable than AA, but i don't know, they use the Boeing 737 i have to fly from Boston to Dallas first thats gonna be 3h 49m minutes :? then from Dallas to Guatemala 2h 49m minutes, not to bad, but im not looking forward to the 3h 49 minutes in the same seat. i guess i feel a bit better know that some flight can be over 6 hours in the same seat, wow.

im not at all afraid of planes, kinda weird thou, last time i was flying back from Guatemala i was looking out the window and i could see the front of the engine, and i was thinking "what would happen if birds got sucked into that huge hole" then only a few days later that plan went down in NY cause of birds in the engine [:0] as i watched the news i thought to myself "kinda weird how i was thinking that 2 days ago"

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

nguideau
Orange Master

Post by nguideau » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:51 pm

Hahaha, yeah, that's pretty weird, with the birds and all. I'm just a nervous flier... I guess I have "control" issues.

Weird with the soda/snacks thing... I usually fly Northwest. I know it's not everyone's favorite, but they use some 757s for short domestic flights, which are decent as far as leg room, and they always do free soda/juice, cash for alcohol, at least in my pretty limited experience.
- Nathan

Blainy
Orange Master

Post by Blainy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:10 pm

There you go Billy - getting a bit cooler by the weekend, but I can tell you (I was working in Central London today) it's looking beautiful.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2818

Enjoy!

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:56 pm

Weather's looking gorgeous for this weekend! Leaving in 2 hours! woo hoo!

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:57 pm

It's really nice here today, feels like summer has just begun :) Lovely and sunny, a little breeze to keep you a good temperature.
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC