If you no longer play Orange what did you move to?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:31 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br />
I had the RV100, but I didn't like dark muddy tone.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The why did you buy it in the first place? [:0]

Really - I am curious.......
<br />
I didn't realize its muddiness at the begining I guess. I think it's so wierd with amps. Sometimes you dislike the amp, but then a couple of months later you love it. My Marshall has had the wildest rollercoaster. The Rockerverb was just a free fall I'm afraid. :?

interesting, i found the RV50 harsh and piercing, the exact opposite.

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

Tango
Orange Master

Post by Tango » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:37 pm

A Matamp, in pink:D. I wanted stronger overdrive at lower volumes.
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chimpboyjay1
Orange Expert

Post by chimpboyjay1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:44 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tango</i>
<br />A Matamp, in pink:D. I wanted stronger overdrive at lower volumes.

Stop showing off :twisted:[:p]:D[:p]
Jamie T

WannaBWeiland
Orange Master

Post by WannaBWeiland » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:53 pm

I had 3 Oranges. All gone :-(

I had a R30 and loved the dirty, but needed a better clean.

Then, most recently, I had an AD30htc (not loud enough), so I went to the AD140htc, but I didn't like the OD channel as much as on the AD30. Nor did I care to use any type of OD pedal to get me more punch/gain.

Since then, I've owned/tried a slew of Mesa/Boogie amps from a Mark IV, to a LOVELY Stiletto Deuce Stage II, and now I have a very SLO-100-sounding '92 Mesa Dual Rectifier. Clean's great, dirty's awesome, FX loop brilliant. Not a whole lot more to ask for.

I would very much so like to get rid of the Dual Recto for an EL34-biased RV100, though. I think it may do better than the Recto for some of the newer sounds I'd like to achieve in my next project.

First...

Secondly...

Third...

Probably not last...
Gear:
'93 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Breedlove Studio C250/EO
Mesa Stiletto Ace
Mesa Vertical 2x12
CAE wah, Pitchblack, BB Preamp, Timmy, DM-2W

...and The Rumsfield

Tango
Orange Master

Post by Tango » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:07 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chimpboyjay1</i>
<br />

The man said post a picture, I am merely complying with orders[:p]
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chimpboyjay1
Orange Expert

Post by chimpboyjay1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:17 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tango</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chimpboyjay1</i>
<br />

The man said post a picture, I am merely complying with orders[:p]

I think it's just about the best photo you can look at.
Jamie T

Hoxton Hero

Post by Hoxton Hero » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:01 am

<br />A Matamp, in pink:D. I wanted stronger overdrive at lower volumes.

Which Mat is that, King Street?

SimpleTone
Rocker

Post by SimpleTone » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:03 am

Sold my RV 50 for an Ulbrick Arena 50 Combo. Hand made point to point. Amazing.....

yell tennis
Rocker

Post by yell tennis » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:21 am

I started w/ a Tiny Terror, then got a Rocker 30 head, sold the Rocker and am going to sell the TT when I'm done with school in a few months. My only guitar is a Tele and the Oranges just weren't making my Tele sound as I wanted it to. I now play a Vox AC15 Heritage and it's perfect for me. My Tele now sounds exactly as I think it should. :)

You guys have some amazing looking amps by the way...

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:23 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yell tennis</i>
<br />I started w/ a Tiny Terror, then got a Rocker 30 head, sold the Rocker and am going to sell the TT when I'm done with school in a few months. My only guitar is a Tele and the Oranges just weren't making my Tele sound as I wanted it to. I now play a Vox AC15 Heritage and it's perfect for me. My Tele now sounds exactly as I think it should. :)

You guys have some amazing looking amps by the way...

that one hell of a good looking amp, NICE!

Jon
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:28 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Taronja</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br />

<br />
I didn't realize its muddiness at the begining I guess. I think it's so wierd with amps. Sometimes you dislike the amp, but then a couple of months later you love it. My Marshall has had the wildest rollercoaster. The Rockerverb was just a free fall I'm afraid. :?

Jon

Here's the thing - with the RVs - it completely depends on 2 things - the kind of speakers/cab you have AND, where you are standing in relationship to the cab.
Greg

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:38 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Taronja</i>
<br />

<br />

Jon

Here's the thing - with the RVs - it completely depends on 2 things - the kind of speakers/cab you have AND, where you are standing in relationship to the cab.

i really really really!!! tried to make it work it was such a nice looking set-up. i tried it on the floor, on top of a chair, on top of my PPC412, i tried it with all six speakers, just the combo, i found it best with just the 4x12 Eminence loaded but still it did not have quite what im after. even my drummer did not like it. so i was forced to move on.

i loved the RV50 at low volume, beautiful sounding amp, just cranked up it was very harsh on the ears, we play loud so i need pleasant sounding amps.

Jon
Member since 2005

TJ_Lee
Orange Master

Post by TJ_Lee » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:06 am

I've moved into Dr. Z territory for that lovely breakup sounds. I liked orange for modern music though. Dual recs playing metal sound too sterile to me, I like a looser sound.
Fender Telecaster '52 AVRI > Korg PB > Keeley BD-2 > Zendrive > Boss DD-3 > Boss DD-20 > Dr. Z Maz 18 > Two-Rock 212

Hit List: Two-Rock Emerald Pro/Bruno Cowtipper Pro II 35

Magnus Pettersen
Orange Master

Post by Magnus Pettersen » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:25 am

I had an AD30HTC and a R30C, both great amps, but after i got into more simple amps, I just use my Dr.Z Carmen Ghia, so I sold the Orange amps, but I'm thinking about getting a TT for home use :)

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:46 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jonas1</i>
<br />I moved from R30 to Engl Fireball, don´t darn me!
Need straighter sound and bigger bottoms for my current band but I hope I will come back with RV100 one day (it won´t take a long time huh)..
Still use Orange cab so I am an Half-Orange:D
Here are few pics;)

A ha!
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------