AD30H vs AD30TCH

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Deadbeat Son

Post by Deadbeat Son » Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:45 am

Hello everyone, this is my first post to the forum. I've read in other posts on the forum that the AD30H sounds better than the TC due to the simplicity of the design. I played an AD30TC today, and ordered the head. When I play live I don't play clean ever. I only use one sound. The reason I went with the TC is because I'd heard it has more gain. From what I've gathered on here, that sounds false. I know Oranges aren't considered "High Gain" amps, and I do love the Orange tone, but could use all of the gain I can get. Recommendations? Thanks!

-JP

fredwesley

Post by fredwesley » Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:16 am

I'd probably stick w/the head you ordered-if you need even more gain than the amp has,use a boost or dist. pedal...

Pacomc

Post by Pacomc » Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:00 pm

If you played the head already and like it stick with it. Sounds like it has the sound you want. If you need more gain a couple of distortion pedals should give you monstrous gain when you combine them with the amps own gain and turning up the volume to concert levels. Good luck. Enjoy.

I wanna dip my balls in it!!!!

stargaze

Post by stargaze » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:45 pm

I have an older Rat and since I got my AD30TC I have the best distortion I've ever had with any amp....EVER!

I use it over channel 1 and I use a TS-9 (soon to replaced by a Hotcake) to boost the 2nd channels overdrive.

I've got the best setup now in my 15 years of playing, I love my Orange!

Deadbeat Son

Post by Deadbeat Son » Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:50 am

Thanks for the replies. I didn't actually get to play through the head, just the combo into a 4x12 cabinet. I'd prefer not to use a distortion pedal, but a boost pedal may be in order if I need a little more oomph. I think I'll be plenty happy with the TC head. Thanks again!

-JP

Deadbeat Son

Post by Deadbeat Son » Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:57 am

Anyone else have any opinions on this? I don't really want to use a distortion pedal for more gain. I spoke with the shop I ordered from yesterday, and they said it's not too late to switch to a single channel because they want a twin channel to have in stock anyway.

-JP