I am NOW....a PLEK believer.

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:21 am

I would love to have my LP plek'd but the nearest shop is in NY. Too far...

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:58 am

Mmmm... the techs still need to do the work as the machine can't file the frets for you! I'd be happier with a good tech without a plek, and a bad one with... my guitars play fine, no plek on them.
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:12 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Mmmm... the techs still need to do the work as the machine can't file the frets for you! I'd be happier with a good tech without a plek, and a bad one with... my guitars play fine, no plek on them.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Joe! That's exactly what the machine DOES do for you! :D

It scans the fretboard and gives a readout of the fret heights etc......then the operator programmes the machine to file and re-crown the frets!
The teaboy could do it once he's trained on how to programme it!
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NiallB
Orange Master

Post by NiallB » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:25 am

There's a shop near me in Kew, I have been thinking about taking my guitar in, getting it set up, PLEK'd and the electronics checked over!
Fender Mexican Telecaster with seymour duncan pickups.
<br />Keeley Compressor:Ernie Ball Volume:Crowther Hotcake:Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive:Ibanez TS-808 Reissue:Boss DM2:Boss DD6
<br />
Orange AD30TC Combo

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:31 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">There's a shop near me in Kew, I have been thinking about taking my guitar in, getting it set up, PLEK'd and the electronics checked over!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

They have had theirs for a long while now and they really have a good reputation for being able to use it correctly! ;)

Not cheap but everyone who has it done swears by it! :)
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:07 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BrianGT</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Mmmm... the techs still need to do the work as the machine can't file the frets for you! I'd be happier with a good tech without a plek, and a bad one with... my guitars play fine, no plek on them.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Joe! That's exactly what the machine DOES do for you! :D

It scans the fretboard and gives a readout of the fret heights etc......then the operator programmes the machine to file and re-crown the frets!
The teaboy could do it once he's trained on how to programme it!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">REALLY? Wow, technology has come on a bit! Learn something new every day...
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

NiallB
Orange Master

Post by NiallB » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:26 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BrianGT</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">There's a shop near me in Kew, I have been thinking about taking my guitar in, getting it set up, PLEK'd and the electronics checked over!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

They have had theirs for a long while now and they really have a good reputation for being able to use it correctly! ;)

Not cheap but everyone who has it done swears by it! :)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Well that shop in general isn't cheap :p
Fender Mexican Telecaster with seymour duncan pickups.
<br />Keeley Compressor:Ernie Ball Volume:Crowther Hotcake:Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive:Ibanez TS-808 Reissue:Boss DM2:Boss DD6
<br />
Orange AD30TC Combo

corky newman
Orange Master

Post by corky newman » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:05 pm

Corky, just realized that 916 area code sounded familiar! Where is your shop? I live in the valley too.

yep we are in Roseville...just off HW 80 near the auto mall..
call mike at get directions..916-532-5763