Tiborange Clip Preview

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:34 am

I understand, but at 260% markup I think I'll build my own. Good luck selling them though.

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:55 am

I have to say that it does seem like a steep price. I could buy a Tiny Terror for the same price. I understand labour and parts aren't cheap, but by the same token, I don't think standard tubes and transistors are quite <i>that</i> expensive even with labour. I do wish you the best of luck with your business though, because it does seem like you've developed a couple very cool pedals.
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

damienwatt_au
Orange Master

Post by damienwatt_au » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:01 am

359 euros is $708AUD........

$708 for a pedal.......

flea
Orange Master

Post by flea » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:06 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by damienwatt_au</i>
<br />359 euros is $708AUD........

$708 for a pedal.......
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I agree. I wish Tibor the best of luck, but I won't be spending 700 dollars on a guitar pedal. Does make the Klon Overdrive seem cheap though...:? And that's the low price for the first ten!

linoleum
Orange Hero

Post by linoleum » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:59 am

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
500+ USD
Cool Pedal, But Thats Half An Amp!

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:43 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by linoleum</i>
<br />WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
500+ USD
Cool Pedal, But Thats Half An Amp!

That's a Tiny Terror
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tibor
Orange Hero

Post by Tibor » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:01 am

did you see ZVex Pedals? Whats the price there? They are little solidstate Fuzz boxes...or the Arbiter Fuzzface? 15 Parts including housing...

so we think the price is more than fair...

150,- Euros materials (oversized military-parts)
20,- Euros special-Transformer 8we let produce at a german transformer producer)
18,- Euros chrome handels (maybe there are cheaper ones? but we need a special size!)
20,- Euros housing (there is only on producer for them HAMMOND!)
7,- Euros Paint...(not the cheap one from HomeRepo)
so we have 205,-Euros for parts only...
then its 2hours to build the housing (all holes drilled (4-5 changes of drill-sizes) paintjob again 2-3 ours (with all labels printed & applied + masking the basepaint drying cleaning up the housing befor paint) 1hour gloss polish...work on the electrics 10-12 hours,1-1,5 hours testing the circuit plus finetuning...now please calculate for me what your time worth? Remember its not like building a BYOC pedal where you get a schematic and a building list for 20 parts!
An amptech around here takes around 60-80Euros per hour (and we don't talk of electric-engineers!)

we know the Euro is climbing and climbing a lot of smallfirms have problems exporting ther products outside the E.C. (e.u.) because of this peak!...look at even bigger companies like Opel/Vauxhall, BMW even they struggle under their export breakin because of the high Euro in comparison to the more or less weak dollar (i know that U.S. citiziens don't want to here that!:evil:)

so please calculate me your price!:D
what would it be worth in your eyes! and keep in mind you spend hours creating the circuit and months to test the thing!

and if you find an Tiny Terror for this price send me an PM...everyplace i was looking for one they where more ore less hundered euros higher in price...even then its an amp not pedal and you cant use it like one! you always need a cab... you can't play direct into a P.A. playing a set only with your guitar the pedal and a monitor...

Bink
Orange Master

Post by Bink » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:21 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tibor</i>
and if you find an Tiny Terror for this price send me an PM...everyplace i was looking for one they where more ore less hundered euros higher in price...even then its an amp not pedal and you cant use it like one! you always need a cab... you can't play direct into a P.A. playing a set only with your guitar the pedal and a monitor...
Right now I've seen TT's for less in Euros (albeit not by much). It's cheapest to buy in the UK given the current exchange rate and get it shipped to Europe. For the hundred Euros more, I've seen the combo version.
Chris
PRS CU22
Present: TT, PPC 112 (Heritage G12M)
Past: AD15
Image Image

linoleum
Orange Hero

Post by linoleum » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:27 am

I am not saying its not a fair price in comparison to what you are spending to make them.
But It Is Expensive. Period. And There Probably Aren't A Lot Of People In The Market For A 500 Dollar Pedal.

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:44 am

I think you are exaggerating the times there guy, and I frankly don't care how long it takes the paint to dry. You have the design already finished and it takes 2 hours to drill a couple holes, and 10-12 hours to solder some wires and screw in a couple potties? Either way, it's too much money for me for a pedal.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tibor</i>
<br /> you can't play direct into a P.A. playing a set only with your guitar the pedal and a monitor...

Who would want that? It sounds like crap compared to a real amp. You had better figure aout a way to reduce costs because there are literally hundreds of valve pedals around for 200€ or so that sound just as good and carry full warranty etc....:)

Tibor
Orange Hero

Post by Tibor » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:00 am

its O.K. if you don't want one...

zombie youth revolt
Orange Expert

Post by zombie youth revolt » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:20 am

to me a fair price for this thing would be 300-320 euros IMHO + shipping

i would pay even 350 if only the euro was cheaper, right now it's very expensive and still rising.
too bad you didn't sell those 5-6 month back - euro was so cheap back then (3,20 polish zloty for 1 euro, today it's 4,95 polish zloty for 1 euro )

try to find some ways to cut the costs maybe ?
ex orange user :
Orange AD30R
Orange Rocker 30H
Orange Tiny Terror

current rig :
ESP LTD EC400VF
Mesa Boogie DC3
T-Rex Mudhoney
Budda Wah

Tibor
Orange Hero

Post by Tibor » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:45 am

i'll discuss the price with my partner... we'll see maybe

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:35 am

I think you may also be slightly exaggerating your prices. 7 euros for paint, okay... but how many pedals can you cover with a thing of paint? Who knows what else you're slightly exaggerating. Paint drying doesn't exactly stop you from doing other things.

Tibor
Orange Hero

Post by Tibor » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:29 pm

it feels like the right price to us...
maybe the paint is 2 dollars then maybe the tubes are 25 dollars you know what i mean... we know its its a lt of money...