sponsorship?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

jtlee6114

Post by jtlee6114 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:30 am

what are the requirements to get sponsored by Orange? I met a bassist who is and I was wondering what he had to do to get sponsored but didn't get a chance to ask him.
--J.T.

Orange Jr.
Orange Expert

Post by Orange Jr. » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:34 am

send in a video of you doing some 50/50s and some other technical tricks. mix it up, street and vert. then wait for their reply.

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:42 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orange Jr.</i>
<br />send in a video of you doing some 50/50s and some other technical tricks. mix it up, street and vert. then wait for their reply.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Haha, I never see you on here anymore, but nice post to make up for the time.

Honestly though, I would say that Orange or any other company will track YOU down if they wanna sponsor you. I don't think any company, especially one that has the attitude of Orange's, wants a million emails asking for sponsorship. If you spend more time on this forum, you'll find that Orange seems to care more about building amps than any of the other crap that goes along with it.. including updating their site and making merchandise, etc...
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

damienwatt_au
Orange Master

Post by damienwatt_au » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:56 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orange Jr.</i>
<br />send in a video of you doing some 50/50s and some other technical tricks. mix it up, street and vert. then wait for their reply.

i suggest ditching vert and just hit the street. get some nice tech tricks maybe some rails n sets. Vert is dead....
maybe go to your local stores and ask if theres any conections with the company or riders sponsored by the shop

mikeymike
Tiny Terror

Post by mikeymike » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:36 pm

Well yeah, you should focus more on street, but don't completely give up on vert. Every now and then companies like to pull a fast one and sponsor some vert guys. I remember when I got my first OR80 for a sweet vert routine (this must have been 1994 or so; when Gibson was involved). When Orange was with Gibson they were definitely more vert oriented, but now that Orange has Rob Chappers they try to maintain their "street" image. Hope that helps, and good luck.

Drdos
Orange Master

Post by Drdos » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:47 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jtlee6114</i>
<br />what are the requirements to get sponsored by Orange? I met a bassist who is and I was wondering what he had to do to get sponsored but didn't get a chance to ask him.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Marry Madonna and then send them a vid of your playing...[:p]
Vince

greyvents
Orange Expert

Post by greyvents » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:20 pm

Sorry to the OP but the responses so far made me chuckle and I have no idea about getting an Orange endorsement. Just about resisting the temptation to make a comment about flow / am status...
Mark

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster
Fender Classic Player 50s Strat
Orange TT, PPC 112
Cornford Roadhouse 30 Combo

NiallB
Orange Master

Post by NiallB » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:26 pm

This 50/50, street and vert chat.... skating? I'm sure it is highly amusing, I just don't get it!!!!

I personally am more intrigued by your user-name JTLee.....

Are you secretly JET LEE?
Fender Mexican Telecaster with seymour duncan pickups.
<br />Keeley Compressor:Ernie Ball Volume:Crowther Hotcake:Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive:Ibanez TS-808 Reissue:Boss DM2:Boss DD6
<br />
Orange AD30TC Combo

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:30 am

I think it's maybe more of a business case you want to put together...

1. Have they got something you want (cheap / free gear)?
2. Have you got something they want (exposure to a group they don't currently reach & the right image)?

If you have a strong following as a band / artist at more than a local level, or you are involved with lots of big names and can suggest with some justification that you using Orange gear will be beneficial to both Orange & yourself, you might want to give the commercial directors on whichever side of the Pond you're on a call.

If you're just after cheap stuff, forget it. Got to be a business case for it.
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

flea
Orange Master

Post by flea » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:34 am

Yes, it doesn't really matter how well you play, if you don't have exposure to a big fanbase, it's not profitable for a company to sponsor you. If, however, you do have that kind of exposure, then I agree with Joe. Call Orange and make them an offer. Good Luck!

Rimnorezn
Tiny Terror

Post by Rimnorezn » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:19 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mikeymike</i>
<br />Well yeah, you should focus more on street, but don't completely give up on vert. Every now and then companies like to pull a fast one and sponsor some vert guys. I remember when I got my first OR80 for a sweet vert routine (this must have been 1994 or so; when Gibson was involved). When Orange was with Gibson they were definitely more vert oriented, but now that Orange has Rob Chappers they try to maintain their "street" image. Hope that helps, and good luck.

Man, you've got to be kidding. Street is for children whose testicles never descended. "Oh look, I can do a handrail after 598 attempts! Woohoo!"

Come on, grow a pair, become consistent and ride vert like a man! A trick isn't a trick unless it's at the top of a 12' ramp. Orange can't possibly respect you otherwise!

Orange AD30TC
www.sonicdeathray.com

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:25 am

I effed up my hip pretty bad doing vert... now I just nose-blunt slide a pair of PPC412's street style when I'm bored. If I feel really up to it I might do a double pop-shuvit into the nose-blut, and then exit the slide with 180 nose grab.
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet

Queequeg
Orange Hero

Post by Queequeg » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:30 am

Reply to the OP.

I just fancied a stab in the dark. I emailed them and an endorsee agent on behalf of them got back and politely said no.

You have to be a very prolific tourer to make it worth their while.

They were very polite and when I jokingly replied "you are lucky I am in a good mood, I shall still use Orange" he sensed my tongue in cheek response and was funny back.

Is your friend in a touring band?
Gibson SG Standard Silverburst
Gibson SG Special Natural
Fender Jaguar HH Special Baritone
Yamaha AES 420 Baritone
Ibanez EDR 470
Ibanez Talman
Orange 2007 RV50H
Orange 1972 4 x 12"

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:57 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Drdos</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jtlee6114</i>
<br />what are the requirements to get sponsored by Orange? I met a bassist who is and I was wondering what he had to do to get sponsored but didn't get a chance to ask him.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Marry Madonna and then send them a vid of your playing...[:p]

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Just like saying "marry your grandmother"...

mmsb13
Orange Hero

Post by mmsb13 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:52 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jtlee6114</i>

One word "YouTube".
Put something up good enough. . . get enough hits. . . "they" come looking for you. :D
40th Anniversary OR50H & PPC412-LTD
Rickenbacker 370/6 VP JG & 370/12 VP FG
and other gear. . .