Beer Challenge !!!!!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

damienwatt_au
Orange Master

Post by damienwatt_au » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:07 am

https://www.littlecreatures.com.au/

this is our local brewery make some great beers.
i just love there bright ale

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:52 am

Currently drinking:

Blind Pig IPA - Russian River Brewery

Thank god they started bottling this load of brilliance!
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:54 pm

I bought a 12 pack of Sam Adam's winter mix, and they had brewed a special Double Chocolate Stout for those- unavailable separately. Wow... was that good!

bfitz
Orange Expert

Post by bfitz » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:20 pm

As far as american beer goes im a fan of the red hook IPA and Anything that comes from the dominion brewery in Virginia i was down there and enjoyed a session of doom with a guy named kevin who runs the place. we had a first taste of their winter brew and pretty much everything the place had to offer including this barley wine with black ale floating on that and some blonde floating on that yum!

With UK beer i do like brains SA (ale) from Wales it is yum but makes me sleepwalk. the esb's and ipa's are nice too but some of em are well strong

BUT!!! as far as drinkin goes you cannot beat a Class A pint of Guinness its the nectar of the gods and anything i've ever tasted has not even come close to beating the taste and feeling of a pint poured from a tap directly above a keg with taps that have been used all day and for many a year before. and im sorry to say that its only in Ireland that your gonna find it cos guinness in every other country ive tried it never tastes as good. here you'll find it(that elusive nigh on perfect pint) in an old man pub like the High B in Cork or some obscure location in the countryside, everybody drinks it in the B cos its the way the place is. My buddy went in and asked for a heineken, all the barman said was "I suppose you'll be wanting a little umbrella in that then?"

But then being an irishman ill drink pretty much any alcoholic beverage you put in front of me anybody heard of Buckfast??
all i can say is....mentalness!!

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Fender CIJ Pink Paisley Tele
Fender Classic Player Strat 50s
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr

NiallB
Orange Master

Post by NiallB » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Guinness in England is not fantastic though. I was lucky enough to go to Dublin a couple of years ago, and man, drinking that stuff at the top of the Guinness brewery, you can't beat it for taste. I don't think it travels well. Always tastes better in Ireland is my experience!
Fender Mexican Telecaster with seymour duncan pickups.
<br />Keeley Compressor:Ernie Ball Volume:Crowther Hotcake:Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive:Ibanez TS-808 Reissue:Boss DM2:Boss DD6
<br />
Orange AD30TC Combo

corky newman
Orange Master

Post by corky newman » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Killians is like the Peavey of berr..it will get the job done, but there are so many better ones out there...

OrangeJuicer
Orange Hero

Post by OrangeJuicer » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:10 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NiallB</i>
<br />Guinness in England is not fantastic though. I was lucky enough to go to Dublin a couple of years ago, and man, drinking that stuff at the top of the Guinness brewery, you can't beat it for taste. I don't think it travels well. Always tastes better in Ireland is my experience!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

+1 for that !

I was in Ireland in 1997 for about 4 weeks. Hiking and traveling over the emerald isle. All the Guinness I had there (was quite a fukkin lot) tasted better as every Guinness in Germany I had after my time in Ireland.

Slánte !
"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"

corky newman
Orange Master

Post by corky newman » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:23 pm

I went to a brewery on friday for tasting...it was Beermans in roseville CA.
I had...
Uncle Dunkle double bock scotch ale..
Gingerwisen...wheat beer
Rip roaring red...amber ale
Honey ale...great great great beer...
Lincoln lager...very nice golden strong hopped beer..
Then I went to a real black mans Bar ba q....afterwards, had chicken & ribs..at Dwights house of chicken & ribs..in Antelope CA...world class Q...from Georgia...

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:32 pm

I drank a crap load of PBR and Coors (not Coors light mind you) this weekend
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:46 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Knuckle Bones</i>
<br />I drank a crap load of PBR and Coors (not Coors light mind you) this weekend

I'm sorry.

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:26 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bandeapart</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Knuckle Bones</i>
<br />I drank a crap load of PBR and Coors (not Coors light mind you) this weekend

I'm sorry.

Started with PBR...keg went dry so they changed it out with Coors. After about 4 or 5 I didn't care what they were at $2 a pint!
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:29 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Knuckle Bones</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bandeapart</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Knuckle Bones</i>

I'm sorry.

Started with PBR...keg went dry so they changed it out with Coors. After about 4 or 5 I didn't care what they were at $2 a pint!

Haha, though I know now that PBR tastes like arse, I can't put it down because of nostalgiac purposes.